Flying cats

Old January 5th 04, 04:34 AM
Marina

"HRFLTiger" wrote
Tomorrow, my two purr-bags (feral Pandora, and His Royal Feline
Lordship Tiger) are off to the vet to get their final pre-flight
checks before flying from the USA to the UK on Wednesday.

Many purrs coming over for you all to have a good flight home.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 5th 04, 09:20 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Please could they (and me) have some good thoughts and wishes that
this goes well and we arrive safely in the UK without complications?

of course! Here's hoping all goes smoothly, with no delays and that the cats
arrive safe, happy & healthy in the UK.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old January 5th 04, 10:15 AM
Jeanette

HRFLTiger wrote in message
m...
Tomorrow, my two purr-bags (feral Pandora, and His Royal Feline
Lordship Tiger) are off to the vet to get their final pre-flight
checks before flying from the USA to the UK on Wednesday. Whilst both
are experienced travellers & flyers, they are going to be entering the
UK on pet-passports which means they don't have to do 6 months
quarantine. To say the paperwork has been a nightmare is an
understatement!

Please could they (and me) have some good thoughts and wishes that
this goes well and we arrive safely in the UK without complications?
Thanks
Helen M

Of course I'll be thinking about them. If you need to stop over at mine
again, let me know

Old January 5th 04, 12:47 PM
David Stevenson

Victor Martinez wrote
HRFLTiger wrote:
Please could they (and me) have some good thoughts and wishes that
this goes well and we arrive safely in the UK without complications?

Absolutely! I know you're already considered this, but be sure that
whoever drops them off at the airport waits until the plane actually
takes off. There have been an awful lot of flight delays in and out of
the US lately. My mom told me today of some folks who were flying from
Miami to Mexico City and their flight got delayed 14 hours!!!

Three days for London-Washington: six days for Paris-LA. Good thing
no-one is paranoid .....

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old January 5th 04, 04:28 PM
HRFLTiger

Victor Martinez wrote in message news:0R3Kb.54504 Ooopsss.... I missed that too. Safe travel to the three of you!!! Would
you let us know the flight number? One can track such things online (I
use expedia.com), it has a little map that shows the actual position of
the plane... it would be fun to follow...

Flight number is VS022 Virgin Atlantic from Washington Dulles to
London Heathrow. Leaving Wednesday at 19.15hrs Washington time.

Our schedule is such, that the cats go to the USDA vet at 2pm to have
their crate officially sealed to show that it hasn't been opened
en-route to the UK, we then drop them off at Virgin cargo at 3.30pm,
and then I have a nerve wracking 10 hours!

I then have to collect them at the animal reception center in
Heathrow. We'll then be going to a friends house in London, and
they'll be going to a friends cattery for a couple of days whilst I go
and collect my dog from Cardiff, and they recover from the journey
before travelling to Edinburgh.

So, as I won't be online, for a few days as I'll be travelling back to
Edinburgh, I'll ring Deb Maizels and get her to post a note to the
group that we arrived safely.

Helen M
Old January 5th 04, 04:30 PM
HRFLTiger

David Stevenson wrote in message ...
Admittedly the quarantine section on my Catpage is a little
out-of-date, but a nice article on your experiences getting cats from
the USA to UK under the Pet Passport scheme would be a welcome addition
thereto.

No problem, I'll sort it when i get back.

Helen M
Old January 5th 04, 05:44 PM
Lisa Katt

We hope you will have a good uneventful journey.
Purrs,
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

HRFLTiger skrev i meddelandet
.. .
Tomorrow, my two purr-bags (feral Pandora, and His Royal Feline
Lordship Tiger) are off to the vet to get their final pre-flight
checks before flying from the USA to the UK on Wednesday. Whilst both
are experienced travellers & flyers, they are going to be entering the
UK on pet-passports which means they don't have to do 6 months
quarantine. To say the paperwork has been a nightmare is an
understatement!

Please could they (and me) have some good thoughts and wishes that
this goes well and we arrive safely in the UK without complications?

By the time we have finished, I suspect that they will have been to
more places, and have more airmiles than many humans! So far, they've
been to Belize, Houston, Dallas and Washington DC!

Thanks
Helen M

Old January 5th 04, 06:51 PM
Cheryl

HRFLTiger wrote in om on
05 Jan 2004:

Flight number is VS022 Virgin Atlantic from Washington Dulles to
London Heathrow. Leaving Wednesday at 19.15hrs Washington time.

Best wishes and lots of purrs that it goes smoothly. Glad it isn't British
Airways as I've heard the delays are horrendous!

--
Cheryl

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy.
Come here Squishy. Ow. Bad Squishy.
- Dori
Old January 5th 04, 07:55 PM
polonca12000

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for all of you to travel safely,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
om...
Flight number is VS022 Virgin Atlantic from Washington Dulles to
London Heathrow. Leaving Wednesday at 19.15hrs Washington time.

Our schedule is such, that the cats go to the USDA vet at 2pm to have
their crate officially sealed to show that it hasn't been opened
en-route to the UK, we then drop them off at Virgin cargo at 3.30pm,
and then I have a nerve wracking 10 hours!

snip