A few things

Old May 15th 04, 12:20 AM
Cheryl

Default A few things

First, happy Friday to you all! (well, those who aren't already into
Saturday and in that case, Happy Saturday!) Its been a really loooooooong
week. My job changed some and I report to a new boss now but still doing
the same work, so thats good. While I really liked my old boss, she
relied too much on me to work independently so I didn't have her guidence
and things are getting sort of hairy there lately. Could type for hours
and hours about the w*rkplace. lol

Those who read about my ShamCam, I had it up live all day today to see
what goes on here while I'm at work. First to report, Shamrock slept ALL
day. He didn't even move from his spot (which was in view of the camera
so I saw him stand up and stretch a few times only to lay back down. It
must have realllllly tired him out. lol) until I came home. I was going
to call a friend at work when I pulled into the driveway and ask her to
tell me to check and see if he heard me drive up and finally move before
I even walked in. Well, the commute was slow and I had the cam shutting
off at 5pm and it was after 5 when I got home so she couldn't check.
Bonnie moved out of the camera view early this morning after I got to
work and I never saw her on it after that. Came home and she was on the
top tier of the cat tree and that wasn't in the shot. Probably there all
day as well. Interesting, and no wonder they are so hyper when I come
home! Neither cat ate food all day so it is clear they don't need food to
"graze" on. Of course I'll leave at least a little bit any way.

On a sadder note, Shadow isn't feeling well today. He didn't eat much
breakfast, but he did eat the 1/4 cup of dry food I leave him because he
insists on dry food and knowing he isn't going to be around as long as he
should be, I hate to completely cut him off of dry food because it makes
him so happy. Tonight after meds, he didn't want his canned dinner, went
outside in the enclosure and puked. I couldn't tell if the pills were in
there. Shamrock got his foot puked on because he is just nosy when Shadow
starts heaving. After a bit I checked and Shadow still hadn't eaten his
dinner so I gave him some cooked boneless chicken breast and he ate that
so he's fine (if he keeps it down). I think he's really getting upset
that Bonnie gets to eat dry food (his preference) and he only gets a
small amount in the morning. He follows me when I feed her (in another
room) and tries to sneak in after she leaves it and I have to pick up the
bowl and he seems to get ****ed off. I explain to him that this is
Bonnie's food, he needs to eat Shadow food. He'll go back to his bowl and
look at me, and most of the time will continue eating his own meal but
sometimes refuses.

Shamrock has turned into a shepard cat. When I come home and fix up
Shadow's meds, Shadow has been deciding he doesn't want it so runs
downstairs. I call for him, and I don't start getting their dinner ready
until Shadow has gotten his meds and Shamrock is catching on to that. For
the past 3 or 4 days when I call for Shadow to come get medicine,
Shamrock will run downstairs and a minute or so later, here comes Shadow
running upstairs to the kitchen with Shamrock on his heals. lol I really
think Shamrock is going down there to "fetch him".

Purrs to all who need them and have a great weekend if I don't get to
catch up with the 400 or so unread posts.

--
Cheryl
/sorry this got LONG.
Old May 15th 04, 01:23 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Cheryl at
wrote on 5/14/04 6:20 PM:

[...]

Awww. I hope Shadow perks up. Do you ever feel like tossing caution to the
wind and giving him a little dry food? If they all got some at the same
time, he might feel better? i don't know. I just hope he was a little
hairbally.

Hugs
Karen

Old May 15th 04, 02:18 AM
Cheryl

Karen Chuplis dumped this in
on 14 May 2004:

Awww. I hope Shadow perks up. Do you ever feel like tossing caution to
the wind and giving him a little dry food? If they all got some at the
same time, he might feel better? i don't know. I just hope he was a
little hairbally.

Hugs
Karen

Thanks Karen. He gets a small amount just because I can't deny him since
his time is probably short here. If he had his way he'd eat nothing but dry
food and he'd be miserable. He just can't digest it. I've actually
considered just letting him eat what he wants to eat and let him be happy
because believe it or not, food seems to be his life. I never thought I'd
see that after he refused to eat on his own for two months. Sometimes
trying to keep him on all canned food reminds me of a small child forced to
finish his milk.

--
Cheryl

Old May 15th 04, 04:48 AM
Marina

"Cheryl" wrote
[...]

That's very clever of Shamrock. Purrs for Shadow to perk up. I believe my
cats sleep all day when I'm at work, too.I tried to acces the ShamCam, but
only got a black page. Probably the srong time of day.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old May 15th 04, 11:23 AM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Cheryl" wrote in message
snip On a sadder note, Shadow isn't feeling well today. He didn't eat
much
breakfast, but he did eat the 1/4 cup of dry food I leave him because he
insists on dry food and knowing he isn't going to be around as long as he
should be, I hate to completely cut him off of dry food because it makes
him so happy. Tonight after meds, he didn't want his canned dinner, went
outside in the enclosure and puked. I couldn't tell if the pills were in
there. snip

The things we do Yowie Cat anecdotes 6 January 25th 04 01:57 PM
My Favorite Things Ron Z Cat anecdotes 1 December 24th 03 10:01 PM
HazelAZ Yoj Cat anecdotes 70 November 19th 03 05:59 AM