I was scared

Old January 20th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I was scared

Boyfie helped me with the chickens this morning and then wandered off into
the countryside. No problem, he often does it.
He usually comes home in an hour or two and goes for a sleep on the spare
bed until it's time for teatime snacks.
He had not come home all day and when it was dark I feared the worst. I
went up and down the road looking to see if he had been run over.
I was about to post "get your butt home purrs" when he fetched up. Maybe
due to the sucky monster I had going most of the morning

Tweed

Old January 20th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfie helped me with the chickens this morning and then wandered off
into the countryside. No problem, he often does it.
He usually comes home in an hour or two and goes for a sleep on the
spare bed until it's time for teatime snacks.
He had not come home all day and when it was dark I feared the worst.
I went up and down the road looking to see if he had been run over.
I was about to post "get your butt home purrs" when he fetched up.
Maybe due to the sucky monster I had going most of the morning

Tweed

The sucky monster is very scary!

Snoopy

Old January 21st 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-01-20 14:12:30 -0600, "Christina Websell"
said:

Boyfie helped me with the chickens this morning and then wandered off
into the countryside. No problem, he often does it.
He usually comes home in an hour or two and goes for a sleep on the
spare bed until it's time for teatime snacks.
He had not come home all day and when it was dark I feared the worst.
I went up and down the road looking to see if he had been run over.
I was about to post "get your butt home purrs" when he fetched up.
Maybe due to the sucky monster I had going most of the morning

Tweed

Wow. Scary. Norty boy I wonder what he was up to?

Old January 21st 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sir Weeble Wobblybottom

In news:2007012017333716807%kchuplis@alltelnet,
Karen purred:
On 2007-01-20 14:12:30 -0600, "Christina Websell"
said:

Boyfie helped me with the chickens this morning and then wandered off
into the countryside. No problem, he often does it.
He usually comes home in an hour or two and goes for a sleep on the
spare bed until it's time for teatime snacks.
He had not come home all day and when it was dark I feared the worst.
I went up and down the road looking to see if he had been run over.
I was about to post "get your butt home purrs" when he fetched up.
Maybe due to the sucky monster I had going most of the morning

Tweed

Wow. Scary. Norty boy I wonder what he was up to?

He was visiting me, his sweetest Mimi!

Purrs & hedbuttz,
Mimi
(Weebleses baby sisfur)

Old January 21st 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfie helped me with the chickens this morning and then wandered off into
the countryside. No problem, he often does it.
He usually comes home in an hour or two and goes for a sleep on the spare
bed until it's time for teatime snacks.
He had not come home all day and when it was dark I feared the worst. I
went up and down the road looking to see if he had been run over.
I was about to post "get your butt home purrs" when he fetched up. Maybe
due to the sucky monster I had going most of the morning

I can certainly relate to that! I still don't know how
Melisande managed to get out, last Friday. True, she's my
escape artist, and I was trying to get rid of a persistent
magazine salesman at my door. However, the door was on the
chain, which I didn't think allowed enough room for a cat to
get through, and I am always on the alert for the cats when
I have the door open, even that little crack. However she
managed it, though.....

When she didn't appear when I dished up their dinner, I
assumed she'd gotten herself shut into a clothes closet
again, but no. I even looked in all the cupboards, but no
sign of her. (Of course her buddy, Cendrillon, was no help
- no haunting the windows or meowing at something/someone
outside.) During the course of the evening, I went outside
and called Melly a number of times, with no response.
Finally I went to bed (after designing a "lost cat" poster
with her picture, to be posted all over the complex the next
morning).

Saturday morning still no Melisande the first time I went
out looking, so I got my posters together and started out
the door to start putting them up. Then I heard a plaintive
"meow" in a familiar voice. I kept calling, and gradually
it got closer. Finally she appeared around the corner of
the staircase leading to the apartment upstairs. As is so
often the case on such occasions, she wasn't quite sure she
WANTED to come in, but finally allowed me to pick her up and
take her indoors, at which point she showed her usual
interest in the breakfast I was dishing out.

I guess I can be glad the unfamiliar territory made her too
cautious to wander far, but it was COLD last Friday night
(has been ever since I moved here, really) and not only has
she been an indoor kitty for over five years, but Southern
California was never this cold! (And of course, she had the
pet door there, so could come and go at will when she was
still an indoor-outdoor cat.) She seems none the worse for
the experience, but you can bet I'll hold onto her, next
time I'm stuck with a salesperson at the front door!
Old January 21st 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:12:30 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Boyfie helped me with the chickens this morning and then wandered off into
the countryside. No problem, he often does it.
He usually comes home in an hour or two and goes for a sleep on the spare
bed until it's time for teatime snacks.
He had not come home all day and when it was dark I feared the worst. I
went up and down the road looking to see if he had been run over.
I was about to post "get your butt home purrs" when he fetched up. Maybe
due to the sucky monster I had going most of the morning

Tweed

I am so glad to hear he came home and all's well. Now you know not to
have the sucky monster out for such a long time. My sucky monster
doesn't come out very often at all. One of these days the dust bunnies
are going to take over!

--
CATherine
Old January 23rd 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

On 2007-01-20 14:12:30 -0600, "Christina Websell"
said:

Boyfie helped me with the chickens this morning and then wandered off
into the countryside. No problem, he often does it.
He usually comes home in an hour or two and goes for a sleep on the
spare bed until it's time for teatime snacks.
He had not come home all day and when it was dark I feared the worst.
I went up and down the road looking to see if he had been run over.
I was about to post "get your butt home purrs" when he fetched up.
Maybe due to the sucky monster I had going most of the morning

Tweed

Wow. Scary. Norty boy I wonder what he was up to?

He was visiting me, his sweetest Mimi!

Ssshh, Mimi. It a sekrit. No one noes.

Boyfie

Old January 23rd 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

Boyfie helped me with the chickens this morning and then wandered off into
the countryside. No problem, he often does it.
He usually comes home in an hour or two and goes for a sleep on the spare
bed until it's time for teatime snacks.
He had not come home all day and when it was dark I feared the worst. I
went up and down the road looking to see if he had been run over.
I was about to post "get your butt home purrs" when he fetched up. Maybe
due to the sucky monster I had going most of the morning

Tweed

I am so glad to hear he came home and all's well. Now you know not to
have the sucky monster out for such a long time. My sucky monster
doesn't come out very often at all. One of these days the dust bunnies
are going to take over!

Ah, well, it was a while since the sm came out here too. That's why it it
was out for a long time. That guilty feeling that it's time to hoover the
whole house. And the glad feeling when it's done.

Tweed

Old January 24th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie helped me with the chickens this morning and then wandered off into
the countryside. No problem, he often does it.
He usually comes home in an hour or two and goes for a sleep on the spare
bed until it's time for teatime snacks.
He had not come home all day and when it was dark I feared the worst. I
went up and down the road looking to see if he had been run over.
I was about to post "get your butt home purrs" when he fetched up. Maybe
due to the sucky monster I had going most of the morning

Tweed

What a relief!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek