For those of us with d*gs

Old November 18th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default For those of us with d*gs

On Nov 17, 9:11�pm, "Yowie" wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
My vet charges $50.00 for a bath for Happy (my Basset Hound). �A
pedicure is an extra $15. �So I asked this other vet what they
would charge for the same two things. �Bath was $35 and pedicure
was $12. So, I don't know if I'd change vets or not. �Lets face it,
I live in upstate NY, and it is EXPENSIVE!!

I am be grateful to live here where the groomer that shares the
building with the vet gives Kayla, my Border Collie a bath and brush
out for $15. Nails not needed, she runs them off.

Jo

LOL! �"Runs them off" indeed - what Border Collie doesn't? �; �I
think the only more active dog is a Jack Russell terrier.

Fluffy clearly didn't inherit the 'active' genes from her border collie
half. She'd be happy sleeping on the couch all day. LOL

Yowie
--

Oh, man! That's *my* kind of border collie. I dearly love the breed.
I'd have had one, but I
don't have the stamina and energy they need. I've seen so many people
bring Border Collies
to the shelter. They turn them out into the back yard, leave them
alone, and they would go
nuts and start to destroy things. (One was eating the house). I know
very little about dogs.
But I got the impression they have to have a JOB or they just go nuts
from boredom. So I
never let go and got one. They
are beautiful, SMART dogs. You look in their face, and just fully
expect them to start talking,
becuase they just *look* like they understand what you tell them. I
had totally forgotten Fluff
was a BC.

Sherry

Old November 18th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 18, 7:46*am, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:

Happy is NOT overweight at all. *His
father was a BLUE RIBBON champ at 80 lbs. *His mother was 45 lbs. and had to
artificially inseminated because of the weight difference. *Happy is of
perfect weight for his body and is a BEAUTIFUL Basset Hound. *

The Bassett down the street, Hugo by name, is quite charming and seems
frisky and healthy at a little under eighty pounds. And only a LITTLE
under. He was an adorable puppy last fall and now he is a handsome
young dog. He doesn't seem fat at all, just massively built on those
short legs.

--
Will in New Haven
Old November 18th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 18, 10:43*am, Sherry wrote:
On Nov 17, 9:11 pm, "Yowie" wrote:

CatNipped wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message

[...]

My Snowball (RB) was half BC but she got her couch-potato genes from
her mother who was what I would call an "undifferentiated Spaniel."
She could go if she wanted to and she was quite an accomplished disc-
dog and even better tennis-ball dog but she could relax with the best
of them.

--
Will in New Haven

Old November 18th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gracecat wrote:

This is one of the reason's I've come back and left right after again.
This behavior makes me wonder what was said about me behind my back
after Eve's death. RPCA is not what it was seven and eight years
ago.

Grace,

You're right that people can get nosy and judgemental, and to say
inappropriate things with an uncanny sense for the worst possible
timing.

That said, I have never heard anyone here say something negative
about you or imply that you were in some way responsible for Eve's
death. If anyone ever did, they'd go right into my killfile. That
would be unforgivable.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 18th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Nov 17, 6:19*pm, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:
My vet charges $50.00 for a bath for Happy (my Basset Hound). *A pedicure is
an extra $15. *So I asked this other vet what they would charge for the same
two things. *Bath was $35 and pedicure was $12. *So, I don't know if I'd
change vets or not. *Lets face it, I live in upstate NY, and it is
EXPENSIVE!!

I get charged around £25-30 (Approx US$ 45) for a bath, groom/trim for
Cara my collie. Except last time it ended up costing £120 at the vet
because Cara was allergic to the shampoo and came out in hives!!

Helen M
Old November 18th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
"Jofirey" wrote in message

As they say, different strokes for different folks. Now my cats I can
bathe, no problem.

You bath your cats Why?

Tweed

My reaction exactly! Cats pretty well bathe themselves (unless they
manage to get into something like axle-grease, or some toxic substance
you're afraid they might ingest).

Old November 18th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Nov 18, 7:46 am, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:

Happy is NOT overweight at all. His
father was a BLUE RIBBON champ at 80 lbs. His mother was 45 lbs. and had to
artificially inseminated because of the weight difference. Happy is of
perfect weight for his body and is a BEAUTIFUL Basset Hound.

The Bassett down the street, Hugo by name, is quite charming and seems
frisky and healthy at a little under eighty pounds. And only a LITTLE
under. He was an adorable puppy last fall and now he is a handsome
young dog. He doesn't seem fat at all, just massively built on those
short legs.

I've always looked upon Basset Hounds as "full-sized" dogs on "toy"
sized legs! One of the residents here has a Dachshund that really IS
obese, because his body SHOULD be slimmer. (However, if he were a
Basset Hound, he'd be just about the right size.)
Old November 18th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

news

Christina Websell wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
"Jofirey" wrote in message
As they say, different strokes for different folks. Now my cats I can
bathe, no problem.

You bath your cats Why?

Tweed

My reaction exactly! Cats pretty well bathe themselves (unless they
manage to get into something like axle-grease, or some toxic substance
you're afraid they might ingest).

The only time I have ever bathed a cat was immediately after adoption.
Other than that, mine have always kept themselves clean. However, mine are
indoor-only.

MaryL

Old November 18th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
On Nov 17, 6:19 pm, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:
My vet charges $50.00 for a bath for Happy (my Basset Hound). A
pedicure is
an extra $15. So I asked this other vet what they would charge for
the same
two things. Bath was $35 and pedicure was $12. So, I don't know if
I'd
change vets or not. Lets face it, I live in upstate NY, and it is
EXPENSIVE!!

I get charged around £25-30 (Approx US$ 45) for a bath, groom/trim for
Cara my collie. Except last time it ended up costing £120 at the vet
because Cara was allergic to the shampoo and came out in hives!!

Helen M

Collies! Gotta love them.

My vet says it drives him crazy because they are generally such rough
tough dogs. But with very delicate reactions to medications and
anesthesia.

Kayla says hi to Cara.

Jo

Old November 18th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

"Jofirey" wrote in message

As they say, different strokes for different folks. Now my cats I can
bathe, no problem.

You bath your cats Why?

Wait - weren't you going to bathe KFC?

--