'Healthier hearts' for cat owners

Old March 19th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default 'Healthier hearts' for cat owners

Cat owners appear to have a much lower risk of dying from a heart attack
than their feline-spurning counterparts, a study suggests.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7304393.stm

--
Adrian

Old March 20th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
Adrian wrote:
Cat owners appear to have a much lower risk of dying from a heart attack
than their feline-spurning counterparts, a study suggests.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7304393.stm

--
Adrian

Surprising really. We must all be too confused to have a heart attack, or
maybe they nearly give us heart attacks so often it strengthens our
hearts. Gives us a bit of practice.

LOL!
KFC gives me so much practice for a heart attack every day. Is she just
asleep or dead? Often it's hard to see the difference when she is *very*
asleep and I am expecting that 22 is a very long life.

Tweed

Old March 20th 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Adrian wrote:
Cat owners appear to have a much lower risk of dying from a heart attack
than their feline-spurning counterparts, a study suggests.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7304393.stm

--
Adrian

Surprising really. We must all be too confused to have a heart attack, or
maybe they nearly give us heart attacks so often it strengthens our
hearts. Gives us a bit of practice.

LOL. I fully believe in your arguments, Judith.

Old March 20th 08, 10:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Adrian wrote:
Cat owners appear to have a much lower risk of dying from a heart attack
than their feline-spurning counterparts, a study suggests.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7304393.stm

As Dave said "Obviously they've never met Sarsi"

Yesterday morning, they nearly gave both of us heart attacks! Dave was asleep
in bed and I was in the living room when there was an almighty crash from the
kitchen and two black streaks flew out of the kitchen and under the sofa.

They must have been on the window sill and had knocked a vase and the paper
towel holder off- luckily both landed in the sink and nothing was broken.

But we both jumped and it took a few minutes for my heart to stop racing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 20th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Adrian" wrote in message ...
Cat owners appear to have a much lower risk of dying from a heart attack
than their feline-spurning counterparts, a study suggests.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7304393.stm

--
Adrian

Nice to know that all those heart attacks the cats give me probably won't
kill me.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old March 20th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Adrian wrote:
Cat owners appear to have a much lower risk of dying from a heart attack
than their feline-spurning counterparts, a study suggests.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7304393.stm

Also, petting a cat (or dog) lowers your blood pressure. (Even though
their antics may sometimes RAISE it.) :-)