I'm ready, let's go!

Old April 5th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default I'm ready, let's go!

Miss Emily is a grey,furry little feral girl who is very affectionate. She
stands on her hind legs to put her head agasinst the palm of my hand, and
flops down for tummy rubs. She's very sweet.

This evening when I got home, she ran out to greet me. I opened the
passenger door to gather up all my stuff. She hopped right in and sat
pretty, looking straight ahead. Ready to ride.

She did finally jump out when I finished. Whew! I thought I'd have to shut
her in the car (evil grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old April 7th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mark Edwards wrote:

Miss Emily is a grey,furry little feral girl who is very affectionate. She
stands on her hind legs to put her head agasinst the palm of my hand, and
flops down for tummy rubs. She's very sweet.

This evening when I got home, she ran out to greet me.

Does she go inside your house? If so, I must have missed the part where
you acquired another owner.

I opened the
passenger door to gather up all my stuff. She hopped right in and sat
pretty, looking straight ahead. Ready to ride.

She did finally jump out when I finished. Whew! I thought I'd have to shut
her in the car (evil grin).

This happens most nights when I come home, too. When I pull up, Smudge runs
up to the car, and I open the driver-side door to let her in. She loves to
jump in and use the passenger seat as a scratching post. Since it's a used
car that's 11 years old, I don't care.

If I'm sitting in the car gathering my stuff, and I don't open the door
up fast enough for her, she jumps on the hood of the car and meows at me
through the windshield.

Sometimes she goes into the back seat to have a few scratches, and she
won't come out when I'm ready to lock up and go inside. Then I have to
pretend I'm going to shut her in the car. I'll go to the trunk, open up
to get stuff out of there, and she'll meow at me from the rear windshield.
Finally, I go back and let her out, at which time she'll roll over in
the middle of the street, asking for belly rubs. (Aaaargh - I keep trying
to get her to STOP that!)

One time, I accidentally shut her in the trunk. She had jumped in when
I was getting things out, and I didn't see her. I just noticed she wasn't
on the street anymore, nor was she following me into the house. So I
went back to check the trunk, and out she popped. I keep thinking that
some day, when I'm not paying attention, she's going to pop out of the
trunk in the work parking lot!

One time she jumped into my neighbor's car and started using *her* seat
as a scratching post. The neighbor told me about this later. But
fortunately, she's an animal-lover and wasn't bothered by it - she just
found it amusing and kind of cute. Whew!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

OT ready to take a quiz NMR Cat anecdotes 4 March 1st 06 09:26 AM
Getting ready Miss Violette Cat community 2 November 3rd 05 12:17 PM
Ready to give up Pat Cat anecdotes 21 June 10th 05 07:08 PM
Getting Ready tanada Cat anecdotes 0 April 26th 05 02:42 AM
OT Get ready America Tax Man Cats - misc 0 March 3rd 05 11:23 PM