do you have a bathmat on top of the fridge?

Old April 8th 16, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default do you have a bathmat on top of the fridge?

On 4/8/2016 11:17 AM, Will in New Haven wrote:
On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 6:41:31 PM UTC-4, Jack Campin wrote:
...and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

Not exactly furnishing but Squeakytoy demands that someone drink water just before bed so she can join them. Usually Mickey takes some pills right before bed and Squeaky gets on the table and starts in on the water when Mick is finished. Early on, she would object if Mickey finished the water or picked up the glass to put it away. No one would dare do that now. When Mickey was in the hospital it turned out to be _my_ duty to have a glass of water at bedtime and I was told this in bold, although squeaky, terms. There is always fresh, clean water in the bowl she shares with Samantha ****zu and she drinks that also.

Cats and water. I learned very early on with Persia (RB 2014) she loved
running water. The bathroom was situated so she could easily step up
from the toilet to the sinkl She wanted to drink from the faucet.

I have no idea where Persia came from. But she sure was a fiend for
running water! She used to perch on the side of the bathtub and yell at
me. You're going to get wet! Yet she'd drink from the faucet. That's
why I bought her the Drinkwell fountain.

Buffy doesn't seem interested in drinking my water. I did just catch
her jumping out of the shower not 10 minutes ago. I'm sure she'd have
been quite freaked out if I'd turned the shower on. LOL

Jill
Old April 8th 16, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven[_2_]

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 12:00:17 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
[...]

Feather, long ago RB, used to drink from the leaky tap in my bathroom. Eventually, the slumlord did some fixing and one of the things he fixed was that tap. Feather was quite angry and I had to make it leak again to quiet him down.

--
Will in New Haven
https://sites.google.com/site/gloryroadrpg/home
Old April 8th 16, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

Cats and water. I learned very early on with Persia (RB 2014) she loved
running water. The bathroom was situated so she could easily step up
from the toilet to the sinkl She wanted to drink from the faucet.

I have no idea where Persia came from. But she sure was a fiend for
running water!

Aren't most cats? Stagnant water probably isn't a good thing to drink in
the wild.

--
Joyce

God's original plan was to hang out in a garden with some naked
vegetarians.
-- Seen on a wall poster
Old April 8th 16, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/8/2016 4:02 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Cats and water. I learned very early on with Persia (RB 2014) she loved
running water. The bathroom was situated so she could easily step up
from the toilet to the sinkl She wanted to drink from the faucet.

I have no idea where Persia came from. But she sure was a fiend for
running water!

Aren't most cats? Stagnant water probably isn't a good thing to drink in
the wild.

True, but Persia was likely abandoned, not wild/feral. She had been
front declawed and spayed so she definitely lived with someone before
she marched into my apartment and said "I live here!"

Jill
Old April 8th 16, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

jmcquown wrote:
On 4/6/2016 6:41 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
...and if not why not?

LOL Buffy, like Persia before her, is not what Jackson Galaxy,
cat behaviourist
http://jacksongalaxy.com/
describes as a "tree dweller". The highest place she wants to
be is on our bed. The "cat tree" I have isn't a tall structure.

I think for Ollie and Marblecake, being high up where they can
watch for prey or enemies (rabbits lolloping down the hallway,
snakes emerging from under the kitchen cupboards) is only a
small part of it. Not only is the fridge warm at the top from
heat rising off the exchanger, the ceiling in the kitchen is
lower than the rest of the house - only head-high for a cat on
top of the fridge - and traps warm air. It's the toastiest spot
they can get to.

Chloe doesn't bother. Not only is she very old and not up to
big athletic jumps any more, she's so fluffy she doesn't notice
the cold.

Old April 9th 16, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

Cats and water. I learned very early on with Persia (RB 2014) she loved
running water. The bathroom was situated so she could easily step up
from the toilet to the sinkl She wanted to drink from the faucet.

I have no idea where Persia came from. But she sure was a fiend for
running water!

Aren't most cats? Stagnant water probably isn't a good thing to drink in
the wild.

True, but Persia was likely abandoned, not wild/feral. She had been
front declawed and spayed so she definitely lived with someone before
she marched into my apartment and said "I live here!"

I just meant that most felines probably have a built-in (genetic)
aversion to stagnant water. Come to think of it, a lot of animals
probably don't like it, since stuff grows in it that's not good for
many of us, not just cats.

--
Joyce

"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Greene
Old April 10th 16, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 4/6/2016 6:41 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
...and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

I have a couch that sits along the only living room wall with windows so
I put little cat towers behind it at the right height for
sleeping/looking out the window. This means my couch isn't flush against
the wall.

I have other little cat towers and perches in my bedroom windows because
that spot gets the best sun for the longest time daily. The perch is
very plush, but one of the towers is a bit worn out so I put a toilet
lid cover over it to make it plush.

Do those count? lol

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old April 10th 16, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 4/7/2016 9:26 AM, jmcquown wrote:

I didn't really have to do anything with Buffy, other than to add golf
balls to the cat toys she "inherited".

I just found these while looking for light-up party favors for our trip
to SC in the summer. These wouldn't be for party favors, they'd be for
the cats.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010PWPSNQ?psc=1

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old April 10th 16, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/9/2016 8:39 PM, Cheryl wrote:
On 4/7/2016 9:26 AM, jmcquown wrote:

I didn't really have to do anything with Buffy, other than to add golf
balls to the cat toys she "inherited".

I just found these while looking for light-up party favors for our trip
to SC in the summer. These wouldn't be for party favors, they'd be for
the cats.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010PWPSNQ?psc=1

Those are fun. But one thing I've noticed is Buffy isn't much
interested in things that light up. I gave the laser pointer to a
friend. She couldn't have cared less about it.

Jill
Old April 10th 16, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 4/9/2016 8:52 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/9/2016 8:39 PM, Cheryl wrote:
On 4/7/2016 9:26 AM, jmcquown wrote:

I didn't really have to do anything with Buffy, other than to add golf
balls to the cat toys she "inherited".

I just found these while looking for light-up party favors for our trip
to SC in the summer. These wouldn't be for party favors, they'd be for
the cats.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010PWPSNQ?psc=1

Those are fun. But one thing I've noticed is Buffy isn't much
interested in things that light up. I gave the laser pointer to a
friend. She couldn't have cared less about it.

Jill

Even Bonnie likes toys that light up. The only thing that makes me
hesitate is that they'd play with them and then they'd be lost somewhere
only to show up when the batteries have died. lol

--
Cheryl