Where are they now?

Old December 17th 03, 12:05 PM

Yowie wrote:

I think Tonie sorta stomped out on us because in the end we couldn't
condone her actions regarding the treatment of Ash & Awol and her other
cats, despite all our offers to help out.

I never heard anyone criticize her. But I'm glad that some folks did,
because I was always kind of amazed at how irresponsible she seemed about
her cats - abandoning them and adopting new cats and then abandoning those.
I was always surprised that no one seemed to ever say anything about it,
and I refrained myself because I thought it was against RPCA culture to
criticize someone even if I thought they were a danger to their pets. It's
nice that people offered to help her out, too bad she didn't accept it.

There was also an episode with birds that really upset me. She had two
birds, lovebirds I think, that she kept in a cage. The cage was kept in a
room where her cats were allowed to go, and they were forever circling
beneath that cage, determined to get at the birds. One time they even
knocked the cage over, but the birds were unharmed. Eventually, though,
one of the birds dropped dead rather suddenly. She told us that the vet
said that can happen, that these birds are fragile. I think it died of
fright, the poor thing! Imagine living in a cage with slavering lions
underneath, determined to get to you... I'm sure you'd be plenty stressed
out. Not long after the first bird died, the second one died, probably
of loneliness and grief. Everyone offered condolences, but no one mentioned
that maybe she shouldn't allow her cats near delicate birds???

Sorry to rant like this, but this has always bothered me, and this was
the first chance I feel like I've had to say anything.

Joyce
Old December 24th 03, 12:48 AM
Yowie

wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

[...]

I should have mentioned - the 'drama' played out on catslaves and in chat, I
don't think much of it crossed over onto RPCA.

Yowie