Eight million 'sick' days over pet deaths

Old April 30th 04, 05:58 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jette Goldie wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote
I've been working for probably more years than you've been alive,

Unless you are past retirement age,

I am! (By nearly ten years.)

or started working before
you left school, it's hardly likely you've been working
for more years than I've been alive. (been working myself
for 30 + years)

Been on the SAME JOB for 30+ years (and had a great many before that,
for periods ranging from three days to ten years).

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old April 30th 04, 01:52 PM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
Once I decided to abandon my vet in Pasadena (it meant subjecting the
cats to a long, long ride on California freeways), I found one close
home who is open until seven P.M. on weekdays, until 3 P.M. on
Saturday,

Those are great hours. All the vets in this county "stick
together"--and have the same hours. You are supposed to call their
pagers for emergencies, but from my experience, they are *very*
unreliable. Its a real sore spot with me.

When I was on my trip to Dallas at the end of March/early April and was
boarding Persia and the vet discovered Persia had UTI problems again, he
left me a message on my home answering machine and gave me his home phone
number - not a pager - so I could discuss it with him. Now *that* is
service!

Jill

Old April 30th 04, 02:05 PM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
My old boss used to get kind of wacked out over taking off to make vet's

appointments. But what do they expect you to do? Our vet has even started
closing on Saturdays, and during the week open only 9-6.

Sherry

It helps if you have (or had) a boss who had pets - they are more
understanding. What I didn't "get" was the guy I worked with whose wife
didn't work, but he took time off every time their daughter had a doctor's
appointment or had a cold or something. Like, uh, your wife is at home, why
do you have to be there too? To watch her sleep?

Sometimes I think people with children use and abuse the system more than
anyone.

Jill

Old May 1st 04, 04:48 AM

jmcquown wrote:

Sherry wrote:
My old boss used to get kind of wacked out over taking off to make vet's

appointments. But what do they expect you to do? Our vet has even started
closing on Saturdays, and during the week open only 9-6.

Sherry

It helps if you have (or had) a boss who had pets - they are more
understanding. What I didn't "get" was the guy I worked with whose wife
didn't work, but he took time off every time their daughter had a doctor's
appointment or had a cold or something. Like, uh, your wife is at home, why
do you have to be there too? To watch her sleep?

Look at it this way, Jill - if a man is THAT much of a control freak, be
glad you're not married to him!