Apologies to group, especially Pat

Old July 19th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Martini (was Apologies to group, especially Pat)

"badwilson" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
Ketzl's Dad wrote:
Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Grey goose vodka, no vermouth, shaken and a little dirty. Extra
olives.

Vodka in which a dozen chili peppers have been soaking for at least a few
days, vermouth, shaken, dirty, 5 olives. The badwilson hot'n filthy...not
fo the faint hearted ;-)

What do you folks mean by 'dirty' in reference to martinis ?

Yowie

Old July 19th 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Yowie wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
Ketzl's Dad wrote:
Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Grey goose vodka, no vermouth, shaken and a little dirty. Extra
olives.

Vodka in which a dozen chili peppers have been soaking for at least
a few days, vermouth, shaken, dirty, 5 olives. The badwilson hot'n
filthy...not fo the faint hearted ;-)

What do you folks mean by 'dirty' in reference to martinis ?

Yowie

It's a bartenders term meaning you add something to the drink. An olive is
fine. Start adding other things and it gets "dirty". Nothing wrong with
it, just a bit odd

Old July 19th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
What do you folks mean by 'dirty' in reference to martinis ?

It means you add some of the olive brine.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 19th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Yowie wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
Ketzl's Dad wrote:
Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Grey goose vodka, no vermouth, shaken and a little dirty. Extra
olives.

Vodka in which a dozen chili peppers have been soaking for at least
a few days, vermouth, shaken, dirty, 5 olives. The badwilson hot'n
filthy...not fo the faint hearted ;-)

What do you folks mean by 'dirty' in reference to martinis ?

Yowie

Juice from the jar of olives.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old July 19th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jul 18, 2007, Yowie wrote:

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
. net...
On Jul 18, 2007, Matthew wrote:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Ketzl's Dad wrote:
Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Grey goose vodka, no vermouth, shaken and a little dirty. Extra olives.

I will take a virgin Shirley temple

Isn't that an oxymoron??? :-)

Do you mean tautology?

Yowie

No, I don't think so. Isn't a tautology an expression that says the same
thing twice? (That's what I was taut, anyway. Ba-dum-bum.)

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 19th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jul 19, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

Yowie wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
Ketzl's Dad wrote:
Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Grey goose vodka, no vermouth, shaken and a little dirty. Extra
olives.

Vodka in which a dozen chili peppers have been soaking for at least
a few days, vermouth, shaken, dirty, 5 olives. The badwilson hot'n
filthy...not fo the faint hearted ;-)

What do you folks mean by 'dirty' in reference to martinis ?

Yowie

It's a bartenders term meaning you add something to the drink. An olive is
fine. Start adding other things and it gets "dirty". Nothing wrong with
it, just a bit odd

Actually around here it means adding olive juice or the brine of whatever
fruit is being added.

AS FOR ME, I tend to be a traditionalist. I've been through all the
johnny-come-lately variations on the classic Martini, and I'm back to the
beginning: gin/vermouth, 5 parts to 1, STIRRED not shaken (I curse James Bond
for this "shaken" thing) and one to three manzanillas on a toothpick. (Lately
I've been going with three, so as to increase my fruit intake for the day.)

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 19th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

Default Apologies to group, especially Pat

On Jul 18, 2007, Yowie wrote:

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
. net...

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
On Jul 18, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

This isn't OB Cats but I gave myself a nice home spa treatment last
night Soaked in a nice hot lavender bath, washed and deep
conditioned my hair, exfoliated my skin with a loofah (my dad used
to grow loofah gourds because they looked neat but he had no idea
what they were LOL). Then I moisturized all over and kicked back
with a glass of wine and listened to music, then cuddled up with
Persia.

That sounds perfect. Except that for me, no spa treatment: I
wouldn't do the hot lavender bath. Not sure I'd condition my hair,
either. I might rinse it, though. No loofahs here, and moisturizing
just gunks me up. Other than that, it's perfect! :-)

I guess what it would boil down to for me is a quick shower, a large
Martini, and a cat head to skritch.

Different boat, same float.

Pour me a martini and we'll talk about it G

Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Gin... very dry so light on the vermouth. Shaken, not stirred. Green

olive
and a fancy toothpick, please

I have the *best* fancy toothpicks... You're gonna love it!

Give me a margarita any day!

Yowie

No argument there, either, except that tequila is a killer. After the twelfth
or thirteenth margarita I'm no good for anything except having more
margaritas.

(All kidding aside: I do not have a drinking problem. Damn it. My dad owned a
bar, and we were raised to respect alcohol. He took all the fun out of
sneaking drinks by allowing us to drink -- at home -- when we were growing
up. I really *hate* being drunk, and have only been there twice in my life,
one time being Christmas eve many, many years ago. I had the worst Christmas
ever that year, and I never did it again.)

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 19th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
[...]

Vodka, up, extra olives

Mmm. Now that's good.

Jo

Yes, "up" is a must. I never got the "over ice" martini thing. I have a great
collection of martini glasses, some quite pricey, most not, but all fun,
ranging from the classic to the absurdly moderne.

One of my most prized is a red-crystal, wide-bowled hand-made from Austin,
Texas. It cost $90. I NEVER USE IT! I'm afraid to. :-)

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 19th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
[...]

Heh. I have some fairly nice glass martini glasses. Not expensive, I
got them in Thailand. But I've knocked over and broken at least 5 of
them, then replaced them. Now they sit in the cupboard and I use a
funky stainless steel one. Klutz proof ;-)

Old July 19th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
[...]

I love cocktail shakers. I have a couple that date back to the 1950's. My
parents were big into cocktail parties

Guess what I'm going to do on 7/27 (the day after my birthday?) Gonna see
the film 'Gone With The Wind' on the BIG screen in downtown Memphis at The
Orpheum, a theatre that was built in the late 1800's. How cool is that? I
think they serve cocktails G

Jill