Apologies to group, especially Pat

Old July 19th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

Default Apologies to group, especially Pat

On Jul 19, 2007, badwilson wrote:

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
On Jul 18, 2007, jofirey wrote:

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
. net...
On Jul 18, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
On Jul 18, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

This isn't OB Cats but I gave myself a nice home spa treatment
last night Soaked in a nice hot lavender bath, washed and deep
conditioned my hair, exfoliated my skin with a loofah (my dad
used to grow loofah gourds because they looked neat but he had
no idea what they were LOL). Then I moisturized all over and
kicked back with a glass of wine and listened to music, then
cuddled up with Persia.

That sounds perfect. Except that for me, no spa treatment: I
wouldn't do the hot lavender bath. Not sure I'd condition my
hair, either. I might rinse it, though. No loofahs here, and
moisturizing just gunks me up. Other than that, it's perfect! :-)

I guess what it would boil down to for me is a quick shower, a
large Martini, and a cat head to skritch.

Different boat, same float.

Pour me a martini and we'll talk about it G

Su Gin/vodka? Up/ice? Dry/Onion/Olive/Twist?

Vodka, up, extra olives

Mmm. Now that's good.

Jo

Yes, "up" is a must. I never got the "over ice" martini thing. I have
a great collection of martini glasses, some quite pricey, most not,
but all fun, ranging from the classic to the absurdly moderne.

One of my most prized is a red-crystal, wide-bowled hand-made from
Austin, Texas. It cost $90. I NEVER USE IT! I'm afraid to. :-)

Heh. I have some fairly nice glass martini glasses. Not expensive, I
got them in Thailand. But I've knocked over and broken at least 5 of
them, then replaced them. Now they sit in the cupboard and I use a
funky stainless steel one. Klutz proof ;-)

They are inherently top-heavy, and no matter how careful I am, inevitably
they get knocked over. Not to mention I have to watch Ketzl carefully, since
he doesn't care for martinis but he's always curious about them (they look
like water to him, I guess) and after he sniffs the glass, he tries to bury
it by scratching at the table. If I'm not quick, it goes over.

There's a reason mead cups were made of pewter or wood!

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 19th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jul 19, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

Guess what I'm going to do on 7/27 (the day after my birthday?) Gonna see
the film 'Gone With The Wind' on the BIG screen in downtown Memphis at The
Orpheum, a theatre that was built in the late 1800's. How cool is that? I
think they serve cocktails G

Those were the days! (Well, not the 1800s; I'm not *that* old.) There are a
couple of small "theaters" (bars, really) that show old movies and they have
comfortable chairs, sofas, etc. It's kind of like watching a movie at home
and having a cocktail. Except you pay more at the bar and you have to tip the
waitress. Hmmm.... what's wrong with this picture?

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old July 19th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

On Jul 19, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

Guess what I'm going to do on 7/27 (the day after my birthday?) Gonna see
the film 'Gone With The Wind' on the BIG screen in downtown Memphis at The
Orpheum, a theatre that was built in the late 1800's. How cool is that? I
think they serve cocktails G

Those were the days! (Well, not the 1800s; I'm not *that* old.) There are a
couple of small "theaters" (bars, really) that show old movies and they have
comfortable chairs, sofas, etc. It's kind of like watching a movie at home
and having a cocktail. Except you pay more at the bar and you have to tip the
waitress. Hmmm.... what's wrong with this picture?

Don't you always have to tip the waitress at a bar - with or without
movies?

There's a movie theater in my city like this - kind of a pizza/pub/sandwich
joint with movies. They took out most of the regular theater seats and put
in couches and coffee tables, and further back, some long bar/tables and
chairs, so you could sit and eat as you watch the movie. They sell pizza
(of course), sandwiches, salads, etc, plus beer and wine, soft drinks,
coffee and tea, candy, popcorn, and so on. The food isn't outrageously
expensive, either, but it's how they make their money because the price
of admission is quite low. I love going there, but I rarely get one of
the coveted couch seats because of my propensity for arriving late.

Joyce
Old July 19th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Martini (was Apologies to group, especially Pat)

Yowie wrote:

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

I will take a virgin Shirley temple

Isn't that an oxymoron??? :-)

Do you mean tautology?

Depends, I guess. Perhaps he was casting doubt on Shirley's (ie, the
person, not the drink) virginity? I had to look her up on the IMDb to
find out whether she was still alive, and by god, she is! As a woman
who was born in 1928, I certainly hope she is not a virgin!

As for the drink, I would say that a "virgin Shirley Temple" is a
redundancy.

Joyce
Old July 19th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

wrote:
Ketzl's Dad wrote:

[...]

I'm afraid The Orpheum doesn't quite fit that description. Built as an
opera house in 1888, it has balcony seating, an orchestra pit, a full stage.
No couches or coffee tables. Normally they host actual opera companies and
theatrical productions. They only added the big screen to accomodate the
summer movie features recently. They don't sell sub sandwiches or popcorn
Too bad I can't wear one of my custom made Civil War era gowns to the
show... Hoop skirts don't do well in theatre seating!

Jill

Old July 19th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
wrote:

There's a movie theater in my city like this - kind of a
pizza/pub/sandwich joint with movies. They took out most of the
regular theater seats and put in couches and coffee tables, and
further back, some long bar/tables and chairs, so you could sit and
eat as you watch the movie. They sell pizza (of course), sandwiches,
salads, etc, plus beer and wine, soft drinks, coffee and tea, candy,
popcorn, and so on. The food isn't outrageously expensive, either,
but it's how they make their money because the price
of admission is quite low. I love going there, but I rarely get one
of
the coveted couch seats because of my propensity for arriving late.

Sounds sort of like the "dinner theaters" that seem to be
popular here - except that with movies they'd only have to
pay a projectionist and the movie rental fee - not actors
and a stage crew. It would certainly beat "sports bars",
for non-sports fans like me!

I remember a dinner theatre... at my old job they shut down the office early
and sent us to see a play that afternoon. We were served food from a nice
buffet then there was a comedy called 'All the Girls Came out to Play'.
Well, yes, they did! It was allegedly about a gay writer who went there to
get away from it all. The women were all deterimined to get him into bed.
Alas, he wasn't gay... so he helped himself to the femme fatales

Jill

Old July 19th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

I will take a virgin Shirley temple

Isn't that an oxymoron??? :-)

Do you mean tautology?

Depends, I guess. Perhaps he was casting doubt on Shirley's (ie, the
person, not the drink) virginity? I had to look her up on the IMDb to
find out whether she was still alive, and by god, she is! As a woman
who was born in 1928, I certainly hope she is not a virgin!

As for the drink, I would say that a "virgin Shirley Temple" is a
redundancy.

Joyce

Well, I think it's pretty clear that the *person* Shirley Temple is not a
"virgin" since she had children! Incidentally, Shirley Temple Black served
as Ambassador to Ghana. It sounded ridiculous when she was appointed, but
she ended up getting pretty good marks for her work there.

MaryL