Now She Won't Eat Sheba

Old April 29th 13, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Now She Won't Eat Sheba

Did Persia know we've been talking about it? Does she read RPCA when
I'm asleep?

A few days ago I bought several more cans of Sheba canned food. I
dished up about 1 Tbs. of it for her. She sniffed at it, gave me "the
look" and walked off. I tried it again the next morning. Nope. So I
took the remaining cans back to the store and got FF.

The manager at the store has cats. When I said I wanted to return the
Sheba and buy FF instead she said, "She's playing you." Maybe so, but
I'd rather not waste money on food that is just going to sit there all
day. It gets crusty I wind up throwing it away. I don't like throwing
away money! Lord knows I spend enough on her dry prescription k/d food.
I gave her a little FF this morning to jump start the day. She
gobbled it right up.

I DO know she's eating her R/x food. That bowl is always nearly empty
by morning.

Jill
Old April 29th 13, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Spazzie won't eat anything except Fancy Feast. I tried mixing Fancy
Feast with Wellness and she wasn't interested (but Tiger liked it).
What is it about FF that she likes so much?

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old April 29th 13, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/29/2013 11:03 AM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
Spazzie won't eat anything except Fancy Feast. I tried mixing Fancy
Feast with Wellness and she wasn't interested (but Tiger liked it).
What is it about FF that she likes so much?

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I wish I knew, Mike! There's just something about FF. I've scrutinized
ingredient labels, nutrition information. I don't know what the
difference is. There's just something about it cats seem to love.

It sounds like Spazzie is eating well and also socializing. I think
you're doing great with her. Let Tiger have the Wellness if he likes it.

Persia only gets a little bit of FF each day. She's eating her
prescription dry food throughout the day and night.

Jill
Old April 30th 13, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Did Persia know we've been talking about it? Does she read RPCA when I'm
asleep?

I'm beginning to think that there is a difference between Sheba USA and
Whiskas USA from the UK versions.
Here, Sheba has sugar in and I see no sign that Whiskas has corn in from the
analyis.

Old April 30th 13, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_4_]

jmcquown wrote in
:

[...]

A bit of catnip added??
Old April 30th 13, 10:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Did Persia know we've been talking about it? Does she read RPCA when I'm
asleep?

I'm beginning to think that there is a difference between Sheba USA and
Whiskas USA from the UK versions.
Here, Sheba has sugar in and I see no sign that Whiskas has corn in from the
analyis.

It's entirely plausible the USA has different formulations. When it
comes to suddenly deciding to turn her nose up, she's just being a cat

FYI, I *almost* named her Sheba when she first came to live with me!

Jill
Old April 30th 13, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/29/2013 11:53 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
jmcquown wrote in
:

[...]

Good thought! It's not listed in the ingredients but there is
definitely *something* about FF that cats love!

Jill
Old April 30th 13, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:34:29 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

[...]

I have piles of Sheba that they won't eat. I try every week or so to
slip one in but they also know "the look" and use it every time.