Evil 3 Work Out

Old December 24th 03, 05:29 AM
Hopitus2

Default Evil 3 Work Out

Kowabunga, was I wrong! Thought when motor was going on new treadmill,
frightened cats would zoom under the beds....Hah. I'm walking on the
treadmill belt and they're sitting right in front of me, on the front
housing where the logo is, looking up at me as if the thing's noise is the
Mothership purring them all back up to return to their Home planet! No fear,
indeed.
Duh. Later, Sylvie is sitting near the back, on the side edge, and I stop
the thing, afraid she might actually try to get on the belt with me. I paid
big bucks for this treadmill; doc's orders to "walk aerobicly". Any
suggestions as to how to get the Evil 3 to leave it alone? They are all over
it when it's not in use, as if it's a new plaything for them. Duh. What next
around here?

--
If there's no cats in heaven, I don't wanna go!

Old December 24th 03, 06:04 AM
Marina

"Hopitus2" wrote
[...]

LOL, Hop! Is it so bad if they walk with you? I think you've mentioned that
the girls are quite "fluffy". Maybe it would do them good?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 24th 03, 07:04 AM
Sherry

Kowabunga, was I wrong! Thought when motor was going on new treadmill,
frightened cats would zoom under the beds....Hah. I'm walking on the
treadmill belt and they're sitting right in front of me, on the front
housing where the logo is, looking up at me as if the thing's noise is the
Mothership purring them all back up to return to their Home planet! No fear,
indeed.
Duh. Later, Sylvie is sitting near the back, on the side edge, and I stop
the thing, afraid she might actually try to get on the belt with me. I paid
big bucks for this treadmill; doc's orders to "walk aerobicly". Any
suggestions as to how to get the Evil 3 to leave it alone? They are all over
it when it's not in use, as if it's a new plaything for them. Duh. What next
around here?

Say, Sylvie may be getting her girlish figure back after all....
Congratulations on your resolve with the new treadmill. I have a real love/hate
relationship with the thing. Suggestion: Either get a radio or put it where you
can see the TV, or in front of a window. The scenery gets really boring after a
mile or so.
My cats don't pay any attention to the treadmill, but I do have a new
contraption they *love*. It's a couch throw that plugs in. I snuggled up to
watch a movie on the couch, plugged it in, and before the move was 1/2 over, I
had *four* cats all over me.

Sherry
Old December 24th 03, 09:33 AM

Hopitus2 wrote:

Any suggestions as to how to get the Evil 3 to leave it alone?
They are all over it when it's not in use, as if it's a new
plaything for them.

Do you have a room where you could keep it, where your kitties
couldn't get to it? I keep my treadmill in a room with a door on
it. When I use it, I shoo all cats out of the room and close the
door. I'm afraid to have cats around when it's running - what if
a kitty tail got caught in a moving part?? It's the fold-up kind,
so it doesn't interest them much when not in use (except that they
use it as a jumping-off place to reach the high book shelf).

I have a small TV and vcr set up in front of the treadmill. I tape
various tv shows that I like, and watch them while "treading."

Joyce
Old December 24th 03, 06:11 PM
Tanada

Hopitus2 wrote:

Duh. Later, Sylvie is sitting near the back, on the side edge, and I stop
the thing, afraid she might actually try to get on the belt with me. I paid
big bucks for this treadmill; doc's orders to "walk aerobicly". Any
suggestions as to how to get the Evil 3 to leave it alone? They are all over
it when it's not in use, as if it's a new plaything for them. Duh. What next
around here?

LOL. When Rob's parents were owned by Leo, they often ended up with cat
and grand daughters walking the treadmill with them. It was a riot.
There's Granddad, a four year old grand daughter dancing on the
treadmill in front of him and Leo following them. Could have put them
into a parade.

Leo also slept on it, climbed the bottom of it on occasion, and
thoroughly enjoyed himself. It was a fold up type that they kept
against one wall of the living room. So far as I know, they still have
it. I know they were using it last year and Leo went to the Bridge in
the 90s.

Pam S.
Old December 24th 03, 08:39 PM
polonca12000

That must have been hilarious!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message
LOL. When Rob's parents were owned by Leo, they often ended up with cat
and grand daughters walking the treadmill with them. It was a riot.
There's Granddad, a four year old grand daughter dancing on the
treadmill in front of him and Leo following them. Could have put them
into a parade.

snip

Old December 25th 03, 04:41 AM
Hopitus2

Hee hee, no Marina, they're porkers alright but they don't grasp the concept
that you gotta face the front part of the treadmill....they inevitably lose
footing and get dumped bodily (thump) at the back end of the thing. If I
could only explain to them in the language of their planet about this
factor, what a great way it would be to exercise them! But this is beyond
our means, so I don't like to see the poor old ladies plopped off behind me.
Rowdy, strangely enough, has not attempted "strolling on the
Mothership".......so far. With his lousy sense of balance due to his blind
left eye, he crashes frequently trying to jump up on things; I can just
imagine if he tried the treadmill.

"Marina" wrote in message
:
: "Hopitus2" wrote
[...]
: --
: Marina, Frank and Nikki
: Email marina (dot) kurten (at) pp (dot) inet (dot) fi
: Pics at http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/frankiennikki
:

Old December 25th 03, 05:06 AM
Marina

"Hopitus2" wrote
Hee hee, no Marina, they're porkers alright but they don't grasp the

concept
that you gotta face the front part of the treadmill....they inevitably

lose
footing and get dumped bodily (thump) at the back end of the thing.

Ouch! (But LOL!)

--
Marina

Old December 25th 03, 06:33 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 07:06:22 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

"Hopitus2" wrote
Hee hee, no Marina, they're porkers alright but they don't grasp the

concept
that you gotta face the front part of the treadmill....they inevitably

lose
footing and get dumped bodily (thump) at the back end of the thing.

Ouch! (But LOL!)

Princess (RB) was fascinated by the treadmill and did walk (it was
very slow) on it a couple of times for about a minute. She, too, slid
off the end and after that just watched me. TuTu was interested at
first, but really wasn't that adventurous.

Obviously I am evil - again... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 7 November 17th 03 08:29 PM
I am a evil human ... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 4 November 3rd 03 01:04 AM
The Evil Hand Stacey Cat anecdotes 7 November 3rd 03 12:41 AM
This kitten loves her work Dan Mahoney Cat anecdotes 5 November 1st 03 06:00 AM
Sassy's dental work space-monk-e Cat anecdotes 10 October 19th 03 04:04 PM