Okay - Furry stories

Old April 27th 04, 09:30 PM
TBird

Default Okay - Furry stories

How I got Sweetie was pretty straight forward... every time my sons and I
went to the Humane Society and fell in love, the cats were pre-reserved and
taken.

(Sidenote - I hate kittens. Well, to own. They are cute to play with and
give back to whomever. I just never want one in my house again ever. They
are vicious nasty flying claw farms that keep a person up all night, and
I've been there done that. I was looking for cats about 1-2 years old.)

So... we reverted to the Internet and found Sweetie early one morning,
jumping in the car and almost flying to the Humane Society. We were
thrilled to get her and we loved her like crazy.

She has always been a banister walker. No rail too thin. Her first day she
discovered my railed loft over the living room. Unfortunately, a sudden
fright gave her a small flying lesson from the rail....thankfully right onto
the couch!

She's a spelunker. She's loves under the covers.

She has the quietest purr ever, for the longest time I thought she didn't
purr at all.

She learned pretty fast not to use claws on humans, though she still
licklicklicklickbites.

She's very delicate and quiet and reserved. Just enough curiousity to prove
she is feline. Soft as soft can be. (I spend the extra bucks on Science
Diet.)

That's Sweetie.

TBird ---- next installment, Joe....godhelpyouall

Old April 28th 04, 12:13 AM
Cheryl

"TBird" dumped this in
ink.net on 27 Apr
2004:

I'm with you - kittens are fun but you have to be ready for the activity
level of them. Maybe some other time but I prefer adult cats, too.

She has always been a banister walker. No rail too thin. Her first
day she discovered my railed loft over the living room.
Unfortunately, a sudden fright gave her a small flying lesson from the
rail....thankfully right onto the couch!

Shamrock is one of these. I have a split foyer house and the upstairs has a
bannister overlooking the foyer, and there is a halfwall between the two
stairs going up, and the 8 or so going down and Shamrock always jumps from
the bannister to the halfwall. One day he is going to overshoot and I just
hope I'm here!

Thanks for the story of Sweetie.

--
Cheryl

Old April 28th 04, 12:39 AM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:30:18 GMT, "TBird"
yodeled:

[...]

Oh, Stinky does that, too! He's never fallen, either, although it
makes me nervous when he does it. It looks so hilarious, though. I
wish I could put a little parasol in his tail.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old April 30th 04, 01:28 AM
Takayuki

"TBird" wrote:

She has the quietest purr ever, for the longest time I thought she didn't
purr at all.

You know what I think would work for this? A stethoscope. I've
considered buying one so that I can hear the soothing sounds of
Betty's breathing while she's sleeping on my lap.

Old May 1st 04, 09:25 PM
Seanette Blaylock

Karen Chuplis had some very interesting things
to say about Okay - Furry stories:

She has the quietest purr ever, for the longest time I thought she didn't
purr at all.

You know what I think would work for this? A stethoscope. I've
considered buying one so that I can hear the soothing sounds of
Betty's breathing while she's sleeping on my lap.

Wow. You really are a slave

We knew he'd be a natural once he got an owner. :-)

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL