Shrek OT

Old April 30th 04, 01:36 AM
Christine Burel

Sheenah, how are you!
Christine
"Sheenah" wrote in message

"Bev" wrote in message
Shrek is the latest sensation in New Zealand and I believe has made
world news.

He's featured today in the UK press :^)

Sheenah

Old April 30th 04, 03:42 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 30th 04, 03:42 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 30th 04, 03:56 AM
Marina

"Bev" wrote

Here's a bit more information. Shrek lives on a sheep station in the
high country of the South Island of New Zealand. Believe me, it is
rugged country covered in snow for a part of the year. Shrek missed
the muster for six years by hiding out in some caves in one of the
highest areas.
He is a very cunning sheep. You can just imagine six years of wool on
him - the fleece weighed about 20 odd kilos I believe. It must have
been a very solitary life for the wether (a castrated sheep). There is
not a lot of accessible feed up there and he had access to a small tarn
nearby.

There was a before and after pic in our newspaper yesterday. He looked so
tiny in the after pic, where he was still lying on top of the wool! It said
27.5 kilos of wool. Wish I could shed 27.5 kilos just like that. ;o) Purrs
that Shrek recovers soon from the shock and lives happily ever after.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old April 30th 04, 10:13 AM
Sheenah

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
Sheenah, how are you!
Christine

Hi Christine,

Thank you for asking. I am in good health and pleased to say that life
has become much more manageable than it was this time last year.

Since I stopped posting regularly here, Peter and I have adopted
another cat. So we now have 9. Thalia, our elderly Siamese is the
only one about whom we have worries.. For some months, she has been
losing weight that she cannot afford to lose and despite having had
many blood tests, x-rays and ultrasounds, her vet cannot pinpoint the
cause.. Last Monday, he took some cells from a small lump in her
stomach in the hope that these will prove or disprove that she has
cancer. If the results are inconclusive, he wants to take biopsies
of some of her major organs.

On a happier note, the other gang members are extremely fit and well
(touch wood g). As I've been writing this, Abbie has been chasing a
ping pong ball across the living room carpet. Megan has been finishing
off her breakfast which she prefers to eat on the dining room table
and Sylvia is agitating to be let into her airing cupboard. The
others are outside, hopefully, not making themselves a nuisance to the
neighbours.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

Sheenah

Old April 30th 04, 06:08 PM
LOL

"Sheenah" wrote in message ...
[...]

We are sending healthpurrs to Thalia, and are purring with happiness
to see Sheenah posting again. :-)

------
Krista

Old April 30th 04, 07:37 PM
Sheenah

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
"Sheenah" wrote in message

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
Sheenah, how are you!
Christine

Hi Christine,

Thank you for asking. I am in good health and pleased to say that

life
has become much more manageable than it was this time last year.

Since I stopped posting regularly here, Peter and I have adopted
another cat. So we now have 9. Thalia, our elderly Siamese is

the
only one about whom we have worries..

Sheenah

We are sending healthpurrs to Thalia, and are purring with happiness
to see Sheenah posting again. :-)

------
Krista

Dear Krista,

Thank you. Hopefully, we'll get Thalia's results on Tuesday.

I look forward to catching up (as best I can) with everyone's news.

All the best

Sheenah