Purrs for

Old April 30th 04, 03:21 AM

Old April 30th 04, 03:26 AM

Old April 30th 04, 03:26 AM

Old April 30th 04, 04:10 AM

Old April 30th 04, 04:10 AM
Marina

"Lois Reay" wrote
my Cousin's kitten.

Purrs for the poor baby.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old April 30th 04, 05:00 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:03:56 +1200, "Lois Reay"
wrote:

my Cousin's kitten.

My Cousin Nicki has a litter of Burmese babies that are a few weeks old, old
enough to be climbing, she got home from work a couple of nights ago to find
one of the litter with his foot bend backwards, a quick visit to the vet,
didn't seem to be broken but was told that she should massage the leg in
case the blood flow to the foot had been cut off.

Nicki received a phone call from the vet the next day to say that she (the
vet) had consulted with another vet and they thought it a good idea for the
leg to be x-rayed, she picked him up from the vet last night and was told
that the leg is not broken and she will have to keep an eye on it, if it
doesn't improve the likely options are amputation or being put to sleep
(absolutely the last resort!)

Purrs for a quick recovery would be appreciated.

Lois

Major purring coming for the wee one.

I've told the story before about Tripod, a kitten my great aunt
adopted when his previous was going to put him to sleep after his leg
was accidently crushed, and amputated. Tripod was a lively cat, up to
his teens when he finally slowed down, and lived to be over 20 before
leaving for the bridge.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old April 30th 04, 05:00 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:16:05 -0700, Denise VanDyke
wrote:

Purrs for the kitten. Poor baby! I guess that I'm missing something in
the logic here, though. If the leg is not broken, and the paw is not
cold to the touch (meaning that the circulation is still going), why
would they be wanting to amputate or PTS? Is the joint out of the
socket? Can't they fix that? Several years ago we had a d*g who tore
the tendon (ligament? it was a long time ago) in her knee, and TED was
able to surgically repair the damage.

- Denise (owned and manipulated by Brenna)

No expert here, but I would think TED could be worried about nerve
damage.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old April 30th 04, 06:21 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lois Reay wrote:

my Cousin's kitten.

My Cousin Nicki has a litter of Burmese babies that are a few weeks old, old
enough to be climbing, she got home from work a couple of nights ago to find
one of the litter with his foot bend backwards, a quick visit to the vet,
didn't seem to be broken but was told that she should massage the leg in
case the blood flow to the foot had been cut off.

Nicki received a phone call from the vet the next day to say that she (the
vet) had consulted with another vet and they thought it a good idea for the
leg to be x-rayed, she picked him up from the vet last night and was told
that the leg is not broken and she will have to keep an eye on it, if it
doesn't improve the likely options are amputation or being put to sleep
(absolutely the last resort!)

When human babies have twisted legs, they put braces on them - isn't
that an option for a kitten?

Purrs Needed Gizela Cat anecdotes 12 November 8th 03 02:51 PM
Purrs for a parakeet jmcquown Cat anecdotes 21 October 12th 03 10:29 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM