Help cat peeing in linen basket!

Old September 24th 03, 10:46 AM
Rebecca B

Default Help cat peeing in linen basket!

Caught my cat peeing in our plastic linen basket this morning. He had done
this once before, which we hadn't seen him doing it at the time, so couldn't
tell him that it was wrong.

But this morning, I actually saw him peeing in the basket, which I shouted
'No' to him and he stopped.

We're not sure if its because he thinks that its a litter tray (even though
it was literally full with a bag of rubbish).

Has anyone had problems like this ? We don't mind so much as at least he's
not peeing on the carpet, and that the basket can be disinfected afterwards.

Becky

Old September 24th 03, 01:25 PM
Alison

Hi ,
Take your cat to the vet as soon as poss , he could had a urinary
tract infection . Cats with this pee on smooth surfaces like plastic
bags and baths .

--
Alison

Old September 24th 03, 01:43 PM
Alison Perera

In article ,
"Rebecca B" wrote:

Caught my cat peeing in our plastic linen basket this morning. He had done
this once before, which we hadn't seen him doing it at the time, so couldn't
tell him that it was wrong.

But this morning, I actually saw him peeing in the basket, which I shouted
'No' to him and he stopped.

We're not sure if its because he thinks that its a litter tray (even though
it was literally full with a bag of rubbish).

Has anyone had problems like this ? We don't mind so much as at least he's
not peeing on the carpet, and that the basket can be disinfected afterwards.

Definite vet check time.

My Otis used to pee in empty litter boxes only when he was having
urinary troubles.

When it got really bad and he was partially blocked, he went around
trying to pee everywhere he went, crying all the time.

Male cats seem prone to urinary tract troubles, and it's exacerbated by
dry food and stress. If it goes on long enough they can become blocked
and the urine toxins build up which can be deadly within a day or two.

To the vet! At the same time research Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease
and Idiopathic Cystitis.

-Alison in OH