IT'S TIME TO CHANGE THE PRACTICES OF THE PET FOOD INDUSTRY!!!!! Introduction

Old February 7th 04, 01:20 AM
Liz

 As for 9/11, there is a feeling among many, myself included,
 that the attack was a reaction to many evil activities
performed by
 the US or US corporations in the spreading of global
capitalism.
 It is not an accident that it was the World Trade Center, the
very
 home of global capitalism, that was attacked.

IMO, Muslims see the USA as evil not because of capitalism. Most Arab
states are also capitalist. What Muslims condemn is the American way
of life, the liberalism, the consumption of alcohol and drugs, the
pornography, the freedom of women, the freedom of information. The
freedom of women is a direct threat to their extremely archaic tribal
society, where women have no rights and are nothing but objects owned
by men. Some Islamic societies go to the extreme of amputating the
clitoris of women so that they do not "fall into temptation." IMO,
they are true barbarians. Not long ago in Saudi Arabia, they killed
two or three young schoolgirls because they were not covering their
head. The girls were killed by men who threw rocks at them when
walking home from school. Israel is a threat to them for the same
reason: the freedom and the respect women have in the Jewish society.
If they do that kind of barbaric act to their own kind, imagine what
they can do to the rest – I guess now you know. And, they attacked the
towers because they were the greatest symbol of America.

 No, it is not. Have you ever been on an airplane? Have you
flown
 across the US? There is a lot of empty space down there!
That's
 just one simple example.

Empty space whose soil is polluted with chemicals, empty space whose
soil is too poor to produce enough food to support a rich ecosystem –
what good is that?

 If you are referenceing global warming, that's only a theory.
 Haven't heard much about the ozone hole lately, have you?

I bet you don't know why the ozone hole is shrinking, do you? Because
WE (just about every country on the planet) realized we were WRONG and
banned CFCs and other substances that were destroying the ozone layer.
We still need to realize we are wrong in hundreds of other issues.

 We seem to be the only force for good on this planet, while
 corruption (including Clinton at the time) puts other
countries
 on the sidelines as long as they profit from said corruption.

I really find it sad to see any American talking bad about Clinton.
IMO, he was the best president the USA ever had. Crime and
unemployment rates were the lowest in 30 years. I do not think any
other US president did more than Clinton in promoting a good image for
your country abroad. He is a political genius and a true statesman.
And before you think of other names of great presidents you had, keep
in mind that the USA was never so complex as it is today. As the
population grows, governing becomes harder. It's very hard to please
everyone, to generate thousands of jobs, etc. What he did in his
personal life is none of my concern and it shouldn't be anyone's
concern but his and his family's. He was elected president, not pope.
And he did his job like no other. I definitively wish Kerry wins and
we might all see prosperity again (the economy of the USA affects the
economy of every other country on the planet).

DKG and Steve G, please accept my wide applauses to your posts! I love
people who are environmentally conscious.
Old February 7th 04, 01:48 AM
Cheryl

Liz wrote in m on 06 Feb
2004:

He is a political genius and a true statesman.
And before you think of other names of great presidents you had, keep
in mind that the USA was never so complex as it is today. As the
population grows, governing becomes harder. It's very hard to please
everyone, to generate thousands of jobs, etc. What he did in his
personal life is none of my concern and it shouldn't be anyone's
concern but his and his family's. He was elected president, not pope.
And he did his job like no other. I definitively wish Kerry wins and
we might all see prosperity again (the economy of the USA affects the
economy of every other country on the planet)

I liked Clinton, too. I also agree that things were good when he was pres
but the republicans argue that problems "trickle down" and don't become
apparent for some time. This may or may not be true but things were good
under Clinton. I also happen to work in IT for a goverment contractor and
Bush's political promises from nearly 4 years ago are hurting big business
horribly. He promised to take care of small businesses which is all well
and fine. But some of the contracts up for bid now are "small business set-
aside" and this is work we have done for years. Small business really
can't do this stuff with their budgets, and have larger companies sub
contract and the company I work for ends up competing with big companies
like Lockheed-Martin and Norththrup Grummund and the SCS's of the country
for contracts that *aren't* small business set-aside. There is no contract
work under Bush but small $ contracts to be had. He is going to put a lot
of companies out of business and a lot more people out of work.

--
Cheryl

Trapped like rats. In a chia-pet.
MIB II

Old February 7th 04, 02:15 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Liz" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I often do not agree w/ the postions expressed in your posts, but in this
case, I do.

DKG and Steve G, please accept my wide applauses to your posts! I love
people who are environmentally conscious.

Unlike a certain Mr. G. W. Bush...

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old February 7th 04, 06:02 AM
Mary

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

"Liz" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Me too! I had avoided this thread because I thought it was just
another
"food fight," but now I'm glad I read it.

I *still* believe in William Jefferson Clinton's vision for this
country.
I am *still* proud that he worked his way up from nothing in the
classic "American Dream" and gave us a Rhodes Scholar in the
White House.

I trusted Bill Clinton with this country and he did not let me down.
I trust his intelligence and his kindness, and his soaring humanity.

I was tremendously proud of the American people for electing him
to a second term, and Gore for a first.

His personal life is and was just that: Personal.

Old February 7th 04, 02:59 PM
PawsForThought

From: "Mary"

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

"Liz" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I completely agree. I guess people who didn't agree with Clinton globbed onto
his personal life instead of seeing what he was actually doing for this
country. As to Bush, for example, I think space exploration is fine and all,
but why spend billions of dollars there when we need to fix OUR planet first?
There are so many people in the US who need health care, jobs, food, etc. and I
think right now that's more important than going to the moon.

Just my 2 cents,
Lauren
________
See my cats: