Flea Control

Old June 28th 04, 10:40 PM
Len Albrecht

Default Flea Control

In your opinion what is the best flea control for cats? My vet
recommends Frontline, and adds that all the other products are "junk."
Iam wondering if he says this because he has a contract with the
Frontline Company or if there is some validity to the statement.

The cats are inside cats. I have a dog also but she stays indoors as
well except for in the morning, she may be on her leash for no more than
an hour. She is also outside for our scheduled walks in the evening. I
bring this to mind because I realize that she can bring fleas indoors
and spread them to the cats. Iam looking for a safe treatment for all
of my pets and would love hear some positive input on the subject.
Thank you all.

Old June 28th 04, 11:59 PM
---MIKE---

Frontline, Advantage, and Revolution are all good products for fleas.
Some of these have uses for "bugs" other than fleas. If you vet
recommends Frontline, go for it.

---MIKE---

Old June 29th 04, 12:52 AM
Sherry

In your opinion what is the best flea control for cats? My vet
recommends Frontline, and adds that all the other products are "junk."
Iam wondering if he says this because he has a contract with the
Frontline Company or if there is

Advantage definitely isn't junk, and I hear Revolution is very good though I
haven't tried it. In fact, I have a cat who reacts badly to Frontline, but
tolerates Advantage just fine. We don't have ticks, but it works with fleas
very well.

Sherry

Old June 29th 04, 03:23 AM
~*Connie*~

if it is only for flea control, frontline lasts for 3 months, and is one of
the better products out there. Any product you get from a vet (advantage
revolution frontline) is going to work better than anything you can get OTC,
and you know they are much safer. A lot of the OTC stuff is quite dangerous
and toxic to pets.

Old June 29th 04, 02:33 PM
Jeannie

"Len Albrecht" wrote in message
In your opinion what is the best flea control for cats? My vet
recommends Frontline, and adds that all the other products are "junk."
Iam wondering if he says this because he has a contract with the
Frontline Company or if there is some validity to the statement.

The cats are inside cats. I have a dog also but she stays indoors as
well except for in the morning, she may be on her leash for no more than
an hour. She is also outside for our scheduled walks in the evening. I
bring this to mind because I realize that she can bring fleas indoors
and spread them to the cats. Iam looking for a safe treatment for all
of my pets and would love hear some positive input on the subject.
Thank you all.

I don't use any flea treatments on my cat and I only really think they are
necessary if your animals associate with lots of other animals. I would
think that a dog being walked on a lead would not really fall into this
category. This was certainly the case with my dog. I don't think I can
remember my dog ever having fleas or ticks apart from once when she had
spent time on the farm around sheep. I think it has become common to treat
preventatively and I wonder if it's really necessary in a lot of cases.

Jeannie

---