Dmitri has crossed the rainbow bridge

Old August 28th 05, 05:00 PM
Juls

Default Dmitri has crossed the rainbow bridge

I got up this morning, and he didn't join Jack in the kitchen for food.
He was still sleeping on the couch, in his usual nap position.

I guess he just passed away in his sleep during the night.

He had very early stage CRF, so I expected to have him around for
another year or two. I'm absolutely devastated. He showed no symptoms
of CRF, and last night, had a big dinner of rabbit and rice.

My uncle is on his way over now, and we're taking him to a crematorium.
I had already made the decision to cremate when the time came, and
having that decision already made was helpful. (Though no arrangments
were made...I called my vet and got an emergency # and called that and
they could arrange the cremation.)

Looking back, I think Jack was trying to tell me this morning, and I've
had the flu so didn't get up for awhile. He's acting weird, and then he
got up and cuddled with Dmitri on the couch. It was so heartbreaking.

Dmitri was the most loving cat in the world. He loved everybody,
including all dogs. The vets always called him the little "Gentleman"
because he was so polite and distinguished.

More than anything, I hope there's truth to the Rainbow Bridge, and
Sharik, my sweet golden retriever who raised Dmitri from a kitten, is
waiting there for her baby.

I miss him so. :-(

Dmitri, 1989-2005
Loved by all who knew him.

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g
Old August 28th 05, 05:31 PM
Mowzer

Juls wrote:

I got up this morning, and he didn't join Jack in the kitchen for food.
He was still sleeping on the couch, in his usual nap position.

I guess he just passed away in his sleep during the night.

I'm so sorry, Juls, I know how much this hurts. I just lost
my baby boy in 2004. Be good to yourself, and know that Jack
is in a good place.

Old August 28th 05, 05:39 PM
Phil P.

"Juls" wrote in message
[...]

I don't think Dmitri could have had a better friend. I hope you find
comfort in the knowledge that you gave him a happy life. He was very
fortunate to be loved- many cats die without ever being loved.

I hope you'll find this site comforting- I know I do.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

My condolences,

Phil

Old August 28th 05, 05:53 PM
Mowzer

Mowzer wrote:
and know that Jack is in a good place.

Sorry, I meant Dmitri. Jack will be lonely for him too. My heart goes out to both of you.

Old August 28th 05, 06:00 PM
Gail

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It is good, though, that he did not
suffer and died in his sleep. You'll always have him in your heart.
Gail

Old August 28th 05, 06:02 PM

Juls wrote:
I got up this morning, and he didn't join Jack in the kitchen for food.
He was still sleeping on the couch, in his usual nap position.

I guess he just passed away in his sleep during the night.

So sorry for your loss. He went peacefully - which is a blessing. I
am sure he knows you loved him.

-L.

Old August 28th 05, 07:03 PM
Annie Wxill

"Juls" wrote in message
.... I guess he just passed away in his sleep during the night.
.... Dmitri, 1989-2005
Loved by all who knew him.

Juls,
I'm so sorry to hear this.
I was here when you adopted Jack, and so enjoyed your Dmitri and Jack
updates.
Thank you for letting us know. I shared your happiness, and I share your
sorrow.
Gentle hugs to you and skritches to Jack.

Annie

Old August 28th 05, 07:25 PM
Barb from before

So sorry about Dmitri. The stories about Jack and Dmitri were just
wonderful and it seems he passed easily which you can be glad about.

Personally, I am counting with all my heart on that rainbow bridge.

Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

Old August 28th 05, 08:23 PM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:00:06 +0000, Juls wrote:

[...]

Purrs for a glorious reunion for Dimitri and Shank! Best wishes for those
who grieve. MLB

Old August 28th 05, 08:23 PM

Juls wrote:
[...]

Juls, I'm so sorry. For him, you, & Jack, of course.

If Dmitri was in early stage CRF & showing no real symptoms yet, maybe
there was also something else - hidden &/or cropped up really suddenly
- going on which caused his unexpected (at this point in time) death?

On the one hand, he died much earlier than expected - on the other
(better) hand, at least he was feeling well right up through till last
night.

Cathy