Don't forget your stories for the 1st and other cat news

Old August 31st 04, 05:14 AM
Tanada

Default Don't forget your stories for the 1st and other cat news

Pam the organizer giggle here. Those of you who are writing stories
for the Sept. 1 challenge, don't forget. There's still time to get them
written and ready to post. Remember, your story can be of any kind, but
has to be told from a feline's view point.

Also, if we're going to have that cat gathering in Toad Suck, Arkansas
next July, we need to start planning now. I need a list of those who
are interested, or definitely planning on being there. If you want to
go, but need equipment or plan on staying in a motel instead of at a
campground, we need to know that as well.

Last, but not least, does the group want me to organize the Christmas,
Hanukah, Yule, Season's Greeting card list again this year. I'm game if
you are.

Pam S.

Old August 31st 04, 02:04 PM
Nan

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:14:10 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Pam the organizer giggle here. Those of you who are writing stories
for the Sept. 1 challenge, don't forget. There's still time to get them
written and ready to post. Remember, your story can be of any kind, but
has to be told from a feline's view point.

Also, if we're going to have that cat gathering in Toad Suck, Arkansas
next July, we need to start planning now. I need a list of those who
are interested, or definitely planning on being there. If you want to
go, but need equipment or plan on staying in a motel instead of at a
campground, we need to know that as well.

Last, but not least, does the group want me to organize the Christmas,
Hanukah, Yule, Season's Greeting card list again this year. I'm game if
you are.

Pam S.

Count me in on the holiday greeting card list.

I wish I could go to the cat gathering in Toad Suck next year, but I
don't think I really should drive that far by myself. Not to mention
the lack of finances.
--

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.

Old August 31st 04, 04:16 PM
Margaret Fine

Tanada wrote:

Pam the organizer giggle here. Those of you who are writing stories
for the Sept. 1 challenge, don't forget. There's still time to get them
written and ready to post. Remember, your story can be of any kind, but
has to be told from a feline's view point.

Also, if we're going to have that cat gathering in Toad Suck, Arkansas
next July, we need to start planning now. I need a list of those who
are interested, or definitely planning on being there. If you want to
go, but need equipment or plan on staying in a motel instead of at a
campground, we need to know that as well.

Last, but not least, does the group want me to organize the Christmas,
Hanukah, Yule, Season's Greeting card list again this year. I'm game if
you are.

Pam S.

Pam, can you please bottle some of your energy and send it to me? A
cross country trip (there and back!), selecting and installing new
appliances, painting, plus taking care of all the human and feline
family members, Plus! Plus! on top of that organizing all of this. I'm
tired just thinking about it! I really admire you!

Margaret (who believes that we should all donate a few dollar to get Pam
a cape and "S" tattooed on her chest--for superwoman, of course!!)

PS: I missed the post about the stories and can't find it and could you
explain about the card list for us newcomers? In between all of your
other duties, of course. :-)

--
Margaret Fine

Old August 31st 04, 07:01 PM
Tanada

Margaret Fine wrote:

Margaret (who believes that we should all donate a few dollar to get Pam
a cape and "S" tattooed on her chest--for superwoman, of course!!)

PS: I missed the post about the stories and can't find it and could you
explain about the card list for us newcomers? In between all of your
other duties, of course. :-)

You're funny, Margret.

First of all, the stories. This is not a contest, just a fun challenge.
Write a story from a cat's point of view. You can use any style, any
period of history, the cats can be real or fictional, but the story must
be from the cat's point of view. Hoomins are optional.

Now the year's biggie. The Christmas card list. This is the fourth
year it has been done. Bridget took it the first year; Gracecat the
second. The two of them worked most of the kinks out so that last year
it was a breeze for me to do.

Basically, if you want to be swamped by cards from all over the world
and/or send cards all over the world, send me your snail mail address.
Please designate if you cannot send cards this year. A lean year
happens to us all and we understand. Please use the email address that
you want the list to be sent to. Then, in November, I send you a copy
of the snail addresses so you can send out cards. Please, use whatever
family members, titles, or other honorifics you want others to address
you by as part of the snail address. Unless there is an honest mistake,
I don't want to have to edit the whole address thing again.

The gathering at Toad Suck, Arkansas came about from my family's trip
across the USA and back. We were meeting all sorts of wonderful people
and people were saying that they wished they could do the same. So some
of us got to thinking, especially when Krista and Loen (British
Columbia) started helping us brainstorm. I'd suggested Kansas City as
it was inconvenient for most of us, but Rob suggested Toad Suck,
Arkansas as it had struck all our fancy.

We came us with ideas for a Troll-Be-Que, story telling, swap and shop
(Christine in Albuquerque makes these way cool copper and stone hangie
things), guess the pet picture, goody basket raffle, shelter donations,
and so forth.

So now, it is up to us. We need to decide what type of camping (group
or individual) we want to do. Group camping we rent a section of a
campground and we can all be together in it. Individual, the person
makes their own reservations and we basically all get together at an
agreed upon place. Most campgrounds will let you use/rent a pavilion
for whatever time you want it. Personally, I like the group camping
thing, as it lets us keep our craziness in one big place. But I need
imput if I am going to go campground searching and find us a place to be
for the second week of July. We also need people to help organize
entertainment, each ot the above mentioned activities (if we want to
have them) and so forth. So I'm asking. IS ANYBODY THERE? DOES
ANYBODY CARE? DOES ANYBODY SEE US CAMPING?

Pam S. making a bad paraphrase on 1776

Old August 31st 04, 08:16 PM
Marina

"Tanada" wrote

Last, but not least, does the group want me to organize the Christmas,
Hanukah, Yule, Season's Greeting card list again this year. I'm game if
you are.

It would be great if you would take that on again, Pam. I'm in. )

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 31st 04, 11:40 PM
SUQKRT

In article . net, Tanada
wrote:

Pam the organizer giggle here. Those of you who are writing stories for

the Sept. 1 challenge, don't forget. There's still time to get them written
and ready to post. Remember, your story can be of any kind, but has to be told
from a feline's view point.

Also, if we're going to have that cat gathering in Toad Suck, Arkansas next

July, we need to start planning now. I need a list of those who are
interested, or definitely planning on being there. If you want to go, but need
equipment or plan on staying in a motel instead of at a
campground, we need to know that as well.

I'm interested in Toad Suck, I don't camp and am in a wheelchair & will proably
bring one of my aides.

Last, but not least, does the group want me to organize the Christmas,

Hanukah, Yule, Season's Greeting card list again this year. I'm game if you
are.

Pam S.

I for one would appreciate it and want to participate. We could call it the
Holiday Card List to avoid limiting the faith/type of card.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")