Please help our listless and vomiting cat.

Old July 27th 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Helen

Default Please help our listless and vomiting cat.

Get out of my thread, you ignoramus. I WAS RESPONDING TO JOHN, LETTING
HIM KNOW MY CAT LUXOR IS JUST FINE NOW.

Screw you and your judgements.

Matthew wrote:
Did you take your cat to a vet yet till then don't even bother responding

"Helen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Come again, Matthew? Come again?

Matthew wrote:
"Helen" wrote in message

I smell a troll

Old July 27th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"John Kimmel" wrote in message
Helen wrote:
Hello,

Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
healthy and
active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea,
and then for the past week, he has been throwing up a brown liquid.
Most troubling, he is not eating at all. He is rapidly becoming bony,
and is very depressed and listless - just curling up in a corner, not
moving when food is put out, or when my daughter moves toward him
(normally he would leap out of the way!). He is drinking a little,
though, thankfully. And I'm not sure if this is significant, but he
has stopped hard-pooping.

What we are suspecting is that he ate some styrofoam padding we had in
the basement
recently...we see big chunks of it missing; however, it's not turning
up in
the vomit or his discharge. (?) Perhaps Luxor is not the brightest
kitty, but we really love him, and wonder what we can do to get him to
eat again, and to feel happy again.

Thank you for any feedback. We'd like to hear if there's anything we
can do at home, because we can't afford vet bills right now. Please
respond A.S.A.P.!

Helen

Reply »

You are probably not reading this, and with good reason.

RPCH is a good place to ask questions and find information on cat health
and behavior, if you are selective. It is very, very easy to figure out
who's likely to provide useful information and who's not. Just ignore the
"not" category. Most news readers provide filtering tools, but I
personally get more pleaseure from knowing who I am ignoring, and using
the "plonk" feature.

Another good place to post your question would be alt.med.veterinary, as
there are some real vets who occasionally respond. Alt.med.veterinary has
only one kook to filter out, but even he has usable advice on animal
behavior.

You can do a google search for "free veterinary advice". I found one site
that charges a very low fee based on how useful you feel their answer is.
I haven't tried it.

Without veterinary care, your cat is going to die. From your description,
he probably has a blocked bowel and saving him will require about $1000+
worth of surgery.

I paid $1000 at an emergency clinic to try and save my cat. They made me
pay in advance. He died. I feel bad. I feel bad that I couldn't spend
$30,000 to try and save him, I feel bad that I didn't get my money's worth
out of the $1000 I did spend, but mainly I feel bad because I miss my cat.
If I hadn't spent the $1000, I probably wouldn't feel any worse.

The only desperate measure that I would try if I were in your situation
(which may help and probably won't hurt) would be to massage or palpate
his abdomen, try and feel for the blockage and help it along.

While my cat was dying, I was able to calm him and ease his pain just by
holding him in my lap and stroking him.

Be with your cat, hold him, tell him you love him.

Hope this helps.

--
John Kimmel

remove x

Laughter. Tears. Curtain.

So your advise is to hold the cat why it dies slowly?

Old July 27th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Ohh feel better now

Oh your true self revealed Your b@ll**** has been brought out

You used my info to respond you stupid animal abuser

Welcome to the world of the internet Animal abusers are the targets of
animal lovers so we will never leave the likes of you alone
You have been targeted ANIMAL ABUSER and admitted it for all the world to
see that you are an animal abuser

Don't like the truth than STFU ANIMAL ABUSER

Time for some coffee and go read the comics need a good laugh instead of
seeing your animal abusing post

"Helen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Get out of my thread, you ignoramus. I WAS RESPONDING TO JOHN, LETTING
HIM KNOW MY CAT LUXOR IS JUST FINE NOW.

Screw you and your judgements.

No thank you I would not want to be hurt and not have you call someone
to help me If I need medical treatment

Grew up

Old July 27th 06, 11:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Helen

Better be careful with your accusations. Slandering someone can get
your ass sued.

You don't know the whole story of my cat's behaviour or health...you
only know what I posted, and much of it was dramatized in order to get
an immediate response from the forum. My cat was stressed out because
he was constipated. He was less active than usual. That was the
extent of his illness. And his efficient little body was getting rid
of whatever didn't agree with him. His eyes and nose had no discharge,
nor was he wasn't crying or meowing in pain. He didn't feel like
eating for a few days, and now he is.

Again, get off my thread and stop with your spitting. You make me
sick.

Matthew wrote:
Ohh feel better now

Oh your true self revealed Your b@ll**** has been brought out

You used my info to respond you stupid animal abuser

Welcome to the world of the internet Animal abusers are the targets of
animal lovers so we will never leave the likes of you alone
You have been targeted ANIMAL ABUSER and admitted it for all the world to
see that you are an animal abuser

Don't like the truth than STFU ANIMAL ABUSER

Time for some coffee and go read the comics need a good laugh instead of
seeing your animal abusing post

oups.com...

Old July 27th 06, 11:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

SUE ME ANIMAL ABUSER!!!!!!!!! YOU MAKE ME SICK WITH YOUR STUPIDITY OF
DEFENDING YOUR ANIMAL ABUSER WAYS!!!!!!!!!! SUE
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
If that was your child you would be in jail think about that ANIMAL
ABUSER! SUE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No slander your own words your are an animal abuser the world knows it now
SUE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want me to get off your thread grew up ANIMAL ABUSER seek
professional help welcome to the wonder world of the internet. You think
I am bad wait till the rest of the group wakes up and see your ANIMAL
ABUSER b@ll****.

Since it is morning why don't your get off your lazy ass go to labor
finders or daily work daily pay and go to work and put the money towards
a vet

Like the real people in the world time to go to work

oups.com...

Matthew wrote:
Ohh feel better now

Oh your true self revealed Your b@ll**** has been brought out

You used my info to respond you stupid animal abuser

Welcome to the world of the internet Animal abusers are the targets of
animal lovers so we will never leave the likes of you alone
You have been targeted ANIMAL ABUSER and admitted it for all the world to
see that you are an animal abuser

Don't like the truth than STFU ANIMAL ABUSER

Time for some coffee and go read the comics need a good laugh instead
of
seeing your animal abusing post

oups.com...

Old July 27th 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

I should have known that nobody could be as stupid as you appeared in the
original post and still live. Guess we've got ourselves a troll.

oups.com...

Matthew wrote:
Ohh feel better now

Oh your true self revealed Your b@ll**** has been brought out

You used my info to respond you stupid animal abuser

Welcome to the world of the internet Animal abusers are the targets of
animal lovers so we will never leave the likes of you alone
You have been targeted ANIMAL ABUSER and admitted it for all the world to
see that you are an animal abuser

Don't like the truth than STFU ANIMAL ABUSER

Time for some coffee and go read the comics need a good laugh instead
of
seeing your animal abusing post

oups.com...

Old July 27th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sandra Loosemore

"Matthew" writes:

"Sandra Loosemore"

No offense since you just started posting here

No offense, but you might do a google search before you jump to the
conclusion that I "just started posting here". E.g., I was posting
here about my now-senior-citizen cat Slinky as far back as 1991.

-Sandra the old-timer
Old July 27th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"Sandra Loosemore" wrote in message
"Matthew" writes:

"Sandra Loosemore"

No offense since you just started posting here

No offense, but you might do a google search before you jump to the
conclusion that I "just started posting here". E.g., I was posting
here about my now-senior-citizen cat Slinky as far back as 1991.

-Sandra the old-timer

The conclusion was thru your email I will apologize if you used to post
here but since you have not posted in the last year the rest of the
post still pertains

Old July 27th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Yeappie troll bashing 101 they reveal how they really are when
confronted with the truth. If there is a cat for real I truly feel sorry
for it with a low life like that for an owner Poor Kitty

"Wendy" wrote in message
I should have known that nobody could be as stupid as you appeared in the
original post and still live. Guess we've got ourselves a troll.

oups.com...

Matthew wrote:
Ohh feel better now

Oh your true self revealed Your b@ll**** has been brought out

You used my info to respond you stupid animal abuser

Welcome to the world of the internet Animal abusers are the targets of
animal lovers so we will never leave the likes of you alone
You have been targeted ANIMAL ABUSER and admitted it for all the world
see that you are an animal abuser

Don't like the truth than STFU ANIMAL ABUSER

Time for some coffee and go read the comics need a good laugh instead
of
seeing your animal abusing post

oups.com...

Old July 27th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Helen wrote:
[...]

So you condone the fact that she allowed her cat to suffer for
over a week?

I remember you now. I don't need a killfile, I have an internal
killfile. It is called self control. You are an ass.