Partly OT - I've seen the apartment

Old September 9th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
christal63

Default Partly OT - I've seen the apartment

I'm visiting my parents and have now also seen my new apartment and
signed the lease. Snapped some photos of the place too, but they're
still in the camera. Will look at the pics more closely when I get
home, maybe upload a few into Webshots, don't know yet.

But anyway, I did already check where to place the litter box, the food
bowls and the cat tree. The balcony is absolutely huge! At least
compared to previous apartments, not including the present one, which
is on ground level and has it's own back yard. I'm sure the kitties
will love to hang out on the balcony, birdwatching or just watching
everyday life, as will I. The apartment is on the fifth floor (when
counting ground level as the first floor), so we'll be "on top of the
world".

There is plenty of storage room in the apartment itself, including a
walk-in closet, as well as additional storage space for each apartment
on the ground floor. The view is nice, the area also - no heavy traffic
or noisy neighbours. No aeroplanes or trains nearby, like where I live
now. And the rent is some 200 Euros cheaper even tho the apartment is
the same size, and has the same comforts (eg. it's got it's own sauna
too) as my present one.

Christine in Finland, posting thru Google from her parents' place in
Laitila
(ex-DH is looking after the kitties while I'm here)

Old September 9th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

christal63 wrote:
is on ground level and has it's own back yard. I'm sure the kitties
will love to hang out on the balcony, birdwatching or just watching
everyday life, as will I. The apartment is on the fifth floor (when
counting ground level as the first floor), so we'll be "on top of the
world".

Will it be safe for the kitties to be out in the balcony?

now. And the rent is some 200 Euros cheaper even tho the apartment is
the same size, and has the same comforts (eg. it's got it's own sauna
too) as my present one.

Hmmmm... sauna.....

Christine in Finland, posting thru Google from her parents' place in
Laitila

I was wondering about the header...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 10th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Victor Martinez wrote:
christal63 wrote:
is on ground level and has it's own back yard. I'm sure the kitties
will love to hang out on the balcony, birdwatching or just watching
everyday life, as will I. The apartment is on the fifth floor (when
counting ground level as the first floor), so we'll be "on top of the
world".

Will it be safe for the kitties to be out in the balcony?

Yes, it is a glassed in balcony, like an additional room without
heating. I'm sure I'll be spending lots of time there myself in the summer.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old September 10th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Christine K. wrote:
Yes, it is a glassed in balcony, like an additional room without
heating. I'm sure I'll be spending lots of time there myself in the summer.

Cool! I guess it makes sense for it to be glassed-in, since your winters
are too cold and it wouldn't be useful.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 10th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Congratulations!! Good to hear you've found a new place, and I hope you and
the cats will be very happy there!
oups.com...

Old September 10th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

[...]

You are being very brave, Christine. Relationship breakups are very hard.
As difficult as a bereavement really, because that's what it is.
I hope you will be very happy in your new apartment, it sounds very nice.
I'm sure you will manage alone, I learnt to.
I prefer living alone now, actually. I can do exactly as I please and have
complete control of the remote control of the TV for the first time ever.
Lots of luck to you in your new life.

Tweed

Old September 11th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christine K. wrote:

Yes, it is a glassed in balcony, like an additional room without
heating. I'm sure I'll be spending lots of time there myself in the summer.

The apartment sounds great, Christine. You'll love the glassed-in
balcony; I did at my previous place. And the cats adored it. Mine faced
East, so there was a lot of sun there in the morning, and it could be
quite hot even in the middle of winter. Best of luck for the move!

Old September 11th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

meeee wrote:
Congratulations!! Good to hear you've found a new place, and I hope you and
the cats will be very happy there!

Thank you! I'm sure we will be happy there.

Old September 11th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Christina Websell wrote:

You are being very brave, Christine. Relationship breakups are very hard.
As difficult as a bereavement really, because that's what it is.
I hope you will be very happy in your new apartment, it sounds very nice.
I'm sure you will manage alone, I learnt to.
I prefer living alone now, actually. I can do exactly as I please and have
complete control of the remote control of the TV for the first time ever.
Lots of luck to you in your new life.

Tweed

Thank you, Tweed. The hardest part of the breakup is actually behind me.
Ex-DH and me are on speaking terms, and we stay in contact over the net
as well, we just aren't living together anymore. He was here (at my
place) when I got home from Laitila yesterday. I showed him the pics
from the new place and he was all positive about it, said it looked like
a nice place. I don't mind being alone during the daytime, it's the
evenings and nights that feel more lonely. But I'll get used to that
too, eventually. And with the new apartment being on the fifth floor,
I'll feel more secure. At least no weirdo's going to come crashing thru
a window to get at my stuff or myself or the kitties.

Old September 11th 06, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Marina wrote:
The apartment sounds great, Christine. You'll love the glassed-in
balcony; I did at my previous place. And the cats adored it. Mine faced
East, so there was a lot of sun there in the morning, and it could be
quite hot even in the middle of winter. Best of luck for the move!

Thanks Marina! I'm not quite sure of what direction my balcony faces,
but I think it's to the West or thereabouts.
And now I'll be packing, and packing and... packing some more.