Joanie

Old October 25th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

Default Joanie

"ben.goren" wrote in message
ups.com

I know this isn't much of a memorial, but I think it's probably
the closest thing to permanent I'll be able to manage.

My friend, Joanie, died this evening, in my arms, and by the hand
of a veterinarian, Dr. Ivanna Hummel-Bodak, who also loved her.

b&

I'm so very sorry to hear this. We'll keep her in our thoughts and
prayers and light a candle for her journey.

Helen M

Old November 2nd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ben Goren

Thanks, everybody, for all the purrs. I appreciate them very much.

I'm doing okay, but it's been...hard.

I come home...and there's no cat.

I look under the chair before I push it back...and there's no paw
or tail there to be careful of.

I re-fill a glass of water after I have a drink, set it down on
the table...and there's no cat interested in drinking from it,
too.

I make dinner for myself and get ready to set out fresh food and
water for Joanie...and she's not there to eat or drink it.

There's a loud sound outside, like somebody tossing something in a
dumpster...and there's no cat needing reassurance.

I get ready for bed...and there's no cat needing a vigorous
workout if I'm to have any hope of an uninterrupted night's sleep.

I lay in bed...and there's no cat on my chest or near my feet.

I turn over at night...and there's no cat to disturb.

I wake up in the morning...and there's still no cat anywhere near.

I see a bird out the window in the morning...and there's no cat to
notify of the fact.

There's a patch of sunlight on the floor...and no cat to lay in
it.

I dump a load of laundry on the bed...and no cat to lay in that,
either.

I leave for work...and there's no cat meowing and purring at me,
pleading with me to stay just a few more minutes.

And all the rest of the time, there's no cat needing a face
massage or ear rub or something shiny waved not quite out of reach
or a foot or a hand for a pillow or....

....anyway, I know I'll heal. I'm already doing better...but I've
got a long ways to go. When something reminds me of her, I try to
make it a point to remember just how wonderful that something was,
rather than dwell on the fact that I'll never have a chance to
experience it again other than as a memory.

But, still. It's hard.

b&

--
EAC Memographer