Fairly sure

Old January 5th 12, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Fairly sure

It's not too much to worry about but I lost my
sense of taste and smell in August. It can be a sign of brain tumour and
it's possible with my history of ovarian ca and the "washings of my
peritineum fluid" showed abnormal cells which could land anywhere in the
future.
I'm going to the ear, nose, and throat dept at the hospital tomorrow to have
it investigated.
I'm fairly sure it's from a big bad cold I had, but I'd appreciate any purrs
and prayers that it is nothing worse.

The problem of previously having Ca is that anything can come from it. I
was pretty lucky to survive what I had.
The docs told me I wouldn't.

Tweed

Old January 5th 12, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
It's not too much to worry about but I lost my
sense of taste and smell in August. It can be a sign of brain tumour and
it's possible with my history of ovarian ca and the "washings of my
peritineum fluid" showed abnormal cells which could land anywhere in the
future.
I'm going to the ear, nose, and throat dept at the hospital tomorrow to
have it investigated.
I'm fairly sure it's from a big bad cold I had, but I'd appreciate any
purrs and prayers that it is nothing worse.

The problem of previously having Ca is that anything can come from it. I
was pretty lucky to survive what I had.
The docs told me I wouldn't.

Tweed

Purrs and prayers are on the way. It sounds very unpleasant even if it
turns out to be something innocuous.

Joy

Old January 5th 12, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

It's not too much to worry about but I lost my
sense of taste and smell in August. It can be a sign of brain tumour and
it's possible with my history of ovarian ca and the "washings of my
peritineum fluid" showed abnormal cells which could land anywhere in the
future.
I'm going to the ear, nose, and throat dept at the hospital tomorrow to have
it investigated.
I'm fairly sure it's from a big bad cold I had, but I'd appreciate any purrs
and prayers that it is nothing worse.

The problem of previously having Ca is that anything can come from it. I
was pretty lucky to survive what I had.
The docs told me I wouldn't.

Tweed

I had that happen to me many years ago. My sense of smell and taste were gone for nearly a year. One good thing happened though as a result: I

was able to enjoy a trip to the zoo and not notice the offensive odors. MLB

Old January 5th 12, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Jan 5, 12:16*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I'm fairly sure it's from a big bad cold I had, but I'd appreciate any purrs
and prayers that it is nothing worse.

Purrs on the way for it to be nothing serious

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 5th 12, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
It's not too much to worry about but I lost my
sense of taste and smell in August. It can be a sign of brain tumour and
it's possible with my history of ovarian ca and the "washings of my
peritineum fluid" showed abnormal cells which could land anywhere in the
future.
I'm going to the ear, nose, and throat dept at the hospital tomorrow to
have it investigated.
I'm fairly sure it's from a big bad cold I had, but I'd appreciate any
purrs and prayers that it is nothing worse.

The problem of previously having Ca is that anything can come from it. I
was pretty lucky to survive what I had.
The docs told me I wouldn't.

Tweed

Mega purrs on the way. Have you been taking some over the counter cold
medications? There are some in the U.S. which allegedly having side affects
such as not being able to taste anything. Be sure to tell them everything
you've taken for your cold.

Jill

Jill

Old January 5th 12, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jan 4, 6:16*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
It's not too much to worry about but I lost my
*sense of taste and smell in August. *It can be a sign of brain tumour and
it's possible with my history of ovarian ca and the "washings of my
peritineum fluid" showed abnormal cells which could land anywhere in the
future.
I'm going to the ear, nose, and throat dept at the hospital tomorrow to have
it investigated.
I'm fairly sure it's from a big bad cold I had, but I'd appreciate any purrs
and prayers that it is nothing worse.

The problem of previously having Ca is that anything can come from it. *I
was pretty lucky to survive what I had.
The docs told me I wouldn't.

Tweed

That happened to me after heart surgery. I have no idea why. I didn't
really realize it
until a dog that had been rolling in a dead armadillo came up to me
and I was
petting it. DH said "How can you stand that?" And I said, "WHAT??!" I
had no
idea what he was talking about. I think it's come back over the last
10 years some.
I still ask people if they can smell the litterbox(es) when they walk
in the house because
I'm always afraid I just can't tell.
People normall lose their sense of smell with age, but it wouldn't be
a sudden thing. With
all the trauma you've had to your body lately plus the fact you've had
a cold, I bet it's
a temporary thing. Hope so.

Sherry
Old January 5th 12, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when "Christina Websell"
wrote:
It's not too much to worry about but I lost my
sense of taste and smell in August.

Maybe you are evolving into a higher life form? Did you get new
senses to compensate, like maybe a spider sense or impeccable tap
dancing ability

Hope it turns out to be minor.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request
Old January 6th 12, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
It's not too much to worry about but I lost my
sense of taste and smell in August. It can be a sign of brain tumour and
it's possible with my history of ovarian ca and the "washings of my
peritineum fluid" showed abnormal cells which could land anywhere in the
future.
I'm going to the ear, nose, and throat dept at the hospital tomorrow to have
it investigated.
I'm fairly sure it's from a big bad cold I had, but I'd appreciate any purrs
and prayers that it is nothing worse.

The problem of previously having Ca is that anything can come from it. I
was pretty lucky to survive what I had.
The docs told me I wouldn't.

Tweed

Lots of purrs on the way. It can't be any fun not tasting food or smelling
lovely flowers.
--
Adrian
Old January 6th 12, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 5/01/2012 11:16 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
It's not too much to worry about but I lost my
sense of taste and smell in August. It can be a sign of brain tumour and
it's possible with my history of ovarian ca and the "washings of my
peritineum fluid" showed abnormal cells which could land anywhere in the
future.
I'm going to the ear, nose, and throat dept at the hospital tomorrow to have
it investigated.
I'm fairly sure it's from a big bad cold I had, but I'd appreciate any purrs
and prayers that it is nothing worse.

The problem of previously having Ca is that anything can come from it. I
was pretty lucky to survive what I had.
The docs told me I wouldn't.

Purrs that its just a stinking cold and nothing more sinister.

Yowie
Old January 6th 12, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

That happened to me after heart surgery. I have no idea why. I
didn't really realize it until a dog that had been rolling in a
dead armadillo came up to me and I was petting it. DH said "How
can you stand that?" And I said, "WHAT??!" I had no idea what he
was talking about. I think it's come back over the last 10 years
some. I still ask people if they can smell the litterbox(es) when
they walk in the house because I'm always afraid I just can't
tell. People normall lose their sense of smell with age, but it
wouldn't be a sudden thing. With all the trauma you've had to
your body lately plus the fact you've had a cold, I bet it's a
temporary thing. Hope so.

I was thinking something along the same lines. I didn't have anything
to back that idea up, though, so I didn't say it. But it makes sense to
me. Trauma to the body (and you - Tweed - have had a lot of it over the
past year) can do some weird things.

I didn't realize it was normal to lose some sense of smell as you age.
It makes sense - after all, vision usually gets a little worse, as well
as hearing, so why not smell? I have a pretty strong sense of smell, so
it will probably outlast me. Sometimes that's a nice thing - if I'm
someplace that smells good, I have a strong reaction. Unfortunately, I
have an equally strong reaction when something smells bad, so I have
less tolerance for that than a lot of people.

--
Joyce

Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living
creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of
worthless human lives. -- Albert Schweitzer