2 cats need home for 6 months

Old September 1st 03, 02:13 PM
~*SooZy*~

"James" wrote in message
oldmolly wrote on Sun, 31 Aug 2003:

In defence of some really great catteries I object to that

statement.Have
you actually *been* to any catteries? My nearest one is a veritable

paradise
for cats. Huge chalets and runs, an aviary in the centre to watch, the

best
of everything, heated, in the countryside, and an owner who is potty

about
cats and spends hours every day playing with her boarders. Music playing

in
the block too.If my cats went there, they would feel hard done by having

come back with me :0(
Another aquaintance has a superb modern cattery struated in the middle of
woodland, plenty of birds about, trees to watch, huge pens, heated etc.
What is grim about either of them?

You won't find a cattery like that anywhere in London. Most of them
have pens the size of a cat carrier and barking dogs in the next door
kennels. Certainly no Brahms or R4 anywhere :-(

Not an option I'd recommend for John.
--
James

I agree London is very expensive, but surely it would be worth coming out of
London to find a suitable place? an hours drive away you are in the
country..... however 6 months is a very long time to live the cats. Getting
a cat sitter in sounds like a good idea.

Old September 1st 03, 04:50 PM
Mogie

Geeze they don't plan on paying someone for boarding their cats. If they can
afford to go around the world they could spring for boarding at a kennel.

John Moran wrote in message
Hi there

We are planning a 6 month trip around the world
and have 2 very cute cats who, at the moment, we
can't find a home for.

We were wondering if there was some kindly
soul - preferably in the south London area - who
would be willing to look after them while we are
away. We will of course meet all food, litter and
vet costs and will also be happy to reciprocate if
you need a holiday home for your cats.

They are brother and sister - Oscar is all black
and Edie is black with white bits. They are 4 years old.

Hope to hear from somebody

John

Old September 1st 03, 06:13 PM
oldmolly

"DarkHills" wrote in message
news
Your comments strike me as having been sparked from jealousy.

Jealously about what????

Well, I'm
not rich enough to take a around the world trip, but neither will I
begrudge anyone else their vacations.

Me neither. I have travelled round the world, and lived in many different
countries from Saudi Arabia, to Canada.

In the future please learn that not
everyone is like yourself, and it's pretty damned arrogant to expect them
to be.

In future you would be well advised not to take things for granted and
assume things from people's posts.

Learn some tolerance.

Pot, kettle,black.

If we lived in GB we would gladly watch his
cats for the time they need. Unfortunately, we're half a world away...

Easy enough to make promises you will never be called upon to keep then eh?

Just because someone can afford to take an extended vacation does not
mean they are heartless and cruel.

Did I say they were???

I can't afford it, but I have relatives
who are world travelers, and they aren't like that at all.

And this is relevant to the OP in what way?

So stuff your
comment back where it came from.

Oops, your low class is showing there lovie.

Sorry, but that was a bull**** post, and you know it.

Of course. I recognise it from your own post.

I'll get off the
Anger Horse now. Isn't often that ignorance sparks it, but it did this
time.

You are an expert in it seemingly.

John, good luck in finding someone. I haven't posted re your post before
this because I didn't know anyone who could help, and I didn't want to
waste your time.

So you wasted everyone elses, bu posting your attack on my post.

But this post lit my fuse - didn't qualify as a troll,
but someone needed some lecturing.

I don't know who you are lovie. I know who you *think* you are. But just to
drag you down a bit. To me, you are just a gob****e American who feels the
need to put the rest of the world right. You have no idea about me, and who
I am, or what I am, or anything else, yet you feel justified in poking your
oar in and "lecturing" me. My god, when I need a lecture from trailer trash,
I will give up keeping animals and go on a world cruise.

Off the soapbox now...
Put it over your head lovie, where it might do some good.

---

Old September 1st 03, 06:16 PM
oldmolly

"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message
"James" wrote in message
[...]

An hours drive would surely find somewhere affordable and nice? A 2 hour
drive would bring them to one of the catteries I mentioned.

---

Old September 1st 03, 06:24 PM
Agua Girl

"oldmolly" wrote in message
I don't know who you are lovie. I know who you *think* you are. But just

drag you down a bit. To me, you are just a gob****e American who feels

the
need to put the rest of the world right. You have no idea about me, and

who
I am, or what I am, or anything else, yet you feel justified in poking

your
oar in and "lecturing" me. My god, when I need a lecture from trailer

trash,
I will give up keeping animals and go on a world cruise.

Have you ever been to America? If you had, you would know that first
off..most of the country was settled by people from somewhere else so
whatever we are..you were first; and secondly..it is a melting pot with
ALL kinds of different types. I don't assume Bob Brenly is representative
of everyone from the UK..and I don't call him a "Brit" as some form of put
down. I am sure I know some knee jerk reactionist from whatever your
home country is but I am not so ignorant as to assume that you are just
like them. Maybe you should give up keeping animals and
go on a world cruise. Perhaps then you can put away your misconceptions
and learn that there are good and bad every where and generalizations like
you
are making are just plain stupid.

AG

Old September 1st 03, 07:30 PM
~*SooZy*~

"oldmolly" wrote in message

"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message
"James" wrote in message
[...]

well I used to know of a Lady in blindleyheath Surrey who ran a very small
cattery, not that far from London, and its lovely... not sure if she is
still running it.
Croydon area Selsdon, which is in the borough of London also had a large
cattery, that's in the country side beside a bird sanctuary. There are loads
of catteries in surrey, not sure that is what he wants tho
London cover a very large area....