cats and pregnant ladies

Old August 25th 05, 03:02 PM

Default cats and pregnant ladies

My younger cat Stella is freaking me out. I am five months pregnant and
she will not leave my tummy alone. She sniffs it, cuddles her forehead
to it, sleeps on it, puts a paw on it and flexes her toes. At night, I
can't keep her off me at night and she is a little furnace! Do you
think she feels the baby moving or knows it's there? At night I or my
husband will take her off my belly or side and she just gets back on.
We gave up. Any ideas?

rach

Old August 25th 05, 04:12 PM
Karen

Well, babies are pretty active in the tummy. I'm pretty sure she knows,
especially if she sleeps on it. I suspect there will be a big bond between
your cat and child. I'm certain too, you smell like a mommy too. YOu have to
realize cats have WAY higher senses than we. Sounds like she is looking
forward to raising a baby too.

oups.com...

Old August 25th 05, 07:16 PM
if 6 were 9

This one is pretty active. It is very weird for a first time parent.

I agree with you with there being a bond between the baby and Stella
the cat. My husband is worried because Stella is very posessive of me
and will head but or bite anyone that touches me (he can't hold my hand
with her near) but I think she will surprise us.

Thanks for your insight!

Old August 25th 05, 09:17 PM
Karen

"if 6 were 9" wrote in message
oups.com...
This one is pretty active. It is very weird for a first time parent.

I agree with you with there being a bond between the baby and Stella
the cat. My husband is worried because Stella is very posessive of me
and will head but or bite anyone that touches me (he can't hold my hand
with her near) but I think she will surprise us.

Thanks for your insight!

I have a friend who has a cat that HATES most other people than her. Even I,
who took care of her often as a kitten, am not allowed to touch. When the
baby came along, this cat was very good at ignoring said baby unless it
cried. Then she went to my friend immediately demand the child be looked at.
Now that her second child, a girl, desparately wants to be able to pet this
cat.(In fact, I think her first word was the cats name. However, when asked
what the cat says, it was "SSSSSsssss" not "meow" which in this cats case
is true. ) I told her, just wait until she is older and the cat will know
when to trust her. The little girl has always been super gentle in high
hopes. Well, this year the little girl is 4 and the cat takes refuge on the
little girl's bed and sleeps with her sometimes, much to the little girl's
delight. So, even snooty, one person cats can be OK with kids.

Old August 26th 05, 01:08 AM
.oO rach Oo.

..

"Diane" wrote in message
In article .com,
"if 6 were 9" wrote:

I agree with you with there being a bond between the baby and Stella
the cat. My husband is worried because Stella is very posessive of me
and will head but or bite anyone that touches me (he can't hold my hand
with her near) but I think she will surprise us.

Well, I take it you put her in another room at some point.
--
Web site: http://www.slywy.com/
Message board: http://www.slywy.com/phpBB2/

LOL Once in a while, hence the baby

Although the two cats are usually on the other side of a closed door, they
have been known to open it and sit to get an eyeful. It's rather unnerving.

--
..oO rach Oo