At wits end: Old cat, cat box

Old August 20th 03, 06:24 PM
kate

It sounds like your cat may have some of urinary or bladder infection
or other problem. Have you had an X-ray? Sometimes these things arent
detectable except by X-ray or something similar. It does sound medical
to me. Maybe you need a second opinion?
Old August 21st 03, 07:09 PM
Lisa Horton

kate wrote:

It sounds like your cat may have some of urinary or bladder infection
or other problem. Have you had an X-ray? Sometimes these things arent
detectable except by X-ray or something similar. It does sound medical
to me. Maybe you need a second opinion?

Yes, she's had an X-ray, and urinalysis. In the first 18 years or so of
her life, she only got sick twice, or was it three times. So I don't
mind at all spending money on vet bills these days.

Lisa

Old August 21st 03, 08:22 PM
Jim D.

My Kitty is 17 and growing arthritic. For the last several years, she has
not squatted as much as she used to when she uses the litter box, and she
pees over the edge of the box. Her box is in the spare room shower stall
and I lay newspaper under her box. Everyday I scoop her box and replace the
paper and every few days I use the shower to wash the area. She does not
have any urinary problems; it's just a matter of age and flexibility. She
grooms herself much less, so I brush her much more. It takes her longer to
get up from a nap and she's pretty unsteady as stands. But she is still the
sweetest cat I've ever met.

Old August 21st 03, 11:59 PM
Lisa Horton

I'd like to thank everyone for their replies again, every one is
appreciated.

Apart from one incident, Princess seems to be adapting OK to the Booda
Igloo. I'm sure she must find the ramp convenient. I find the ramp
convenient as that's where the output of bad aim ends up, not on the
floor

But if this doesn't work out, I know where to get a really big tub!

Lisa

At Wit's End JBHajos Cat anecdotes 28 October 5th 03 12:52 AM
Puppy potty training The Puppy Wizard Cat health & behaviour 1 July 17th 03 05:50 PM
beyond click and treat, click and love The Puppy Wizard Cat health & behaviour 1 July 12th 03 09:30 AM