declawing and feeding volume

Old August 21st 03, 07:58 AM

Katra wrote:
Better quality kibbles equals less food
consumption, also usually equals less
litter consumption. (less poop).

This is correct.
A long time ago I fed Science Diet. I switched to Nutro and the food
consumption went down by about 1/3. I then switched to Innova, Wellness
and a few other super premium foods (I feed a variety and feed something
different at every meal) and the food consumption went down even more,
with the added benefit that my cats' coats improved. It costs me less
money to feed the higher quality foods.

Do you thing the sales people at
Petsmart will be any help???

I was at Petsmart the other day and was eyeing the cat trees. I asked
one of the salespeople if they had other cat trees anywhere else in the
store and she said "A what?" She didn't know what a cat tree was. When
I explained it to her she said "Oh. I didn't know that. I'm a dog
person." Although I'm sure there is the occasional exception, I would
not depend on a Petsmart employee to give knowledgeable advice on
*anything.*

There is usually one of the rescue
volunteers there on Saturday, and one of
them is a vet. I know how y'all feel about
vets knowing about nutrition, but this
neat lady is also a rescuer.
Maybe I can consult with her.....

Or maybe not. This group is a great resource, which you should avail
yourself of. If you had come here first and asked for ideas/people's
experiences on how to deal with an aggressive cat, Shade would still
have his claws.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old August 21st 03, 01:51 PM
Sherry

Did she do it accidently, or because she was mentally ill? Don't judge
her too harshly. There are so damn many in the shelters that are slated
to die..... :

It was a gradual thing. I don't think she ever set foot in a shelter though. It
came from strays, and "give-aways" and enough that she didn't neuter in time
that the population got out of control. Her house stunk to high heaven and she
started refusing entry to anyone. I would look at around at the cats running
around in the yard; cats with goopy eyes, cats that just plain looked sick.
And, this is *so* unlike me, but "better off euthanized" would come to mind. I
can't help judging her harshly. She was *creating* the problem I was working to
hard to help. I know your situation is much different, Katra, and you neuter.
I was bringing up a point about people who *don't* provide vet care for their
broods, and think they're doing such a wonderful thing despite. They aren't.

Sherry