Indoor vs. Outdoor Dilemma

Old February 10th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Indoor vs. Outdoor Dilemma

Wow. Well thanks to all of you for your replies. Your conclusions
seem pretty decisive: *if* I open the windows, figure out some way to
keep the cats inside of them. I'm sure that's what I'll do.

Thanks for your input!

Old February 10th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article .com,
wrote:
Wow. Well thanks to all of you for your replies. Your conclusions
seem pretty decisive: *if* I open the windows, figure out some way to
keep the cats inside of them. I'm sure that's what I'll do.

Thanks for your input!

One more data point is that your cats might not even
want to go outside. Bubba the Maine Coon won't go out
the door for anything. I can barely coax him out to sit
with me on the patio. If I pick him up and carry him out
he'll look around a bit and then head back inside.

I think he had a bad experience the last time he was
out that landed him in the shelter, where I found him.

Claude
Old February 12th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
oups.com...
I know the general topic has _certainly_ been addressed here a million
times, but I'd like to hear some brainstorming on how I can get around
the problem in my own future situation.

My wife and I have three cats (2-3 years old) that were raised entirely
as happy, laid-back indoor cats. In a couple months, we should be
moving, though, and it looks like we'll be moving into an old Craftsman
bungalow (rental) that has old windows that open outwards, and no frame
for screens.

Thanks for any replies!

Andrew

You can fence off all or part of your garden so you cats can't escape
with something like Friendly fencing.
Alison

Old February 13th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I saw a friend today and inquired how their cat "Annie" (a small tuxedo
cat) was. They told me Annie was gone. She was an inside/outside cat
and they believe she got caught by a bobcat. So sad.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')