Integration continues

Old August 8th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Integration continues

Singh wrote:
Wonder of wonders! Stosh has just helped himself to Sabrina's chow, and she
didn't take a leap at him, nor say anything more pungent than a low growl.
On top of that, Brandy was also in the room. So far these two are the ones
who've been hanging about the most, but then they're the most outgoing. But
Roxie's been hanging downstairs, meowing like hell. I think she's reacting
to the stream of blue talk going on for the past hour or so. Now Stosh has
decide to lie down, perfectly well-mannered, saying not a word. Sabrina's
hissing is quieter, less frequent, more subdued. Can she be getting the hang
of this?

It sounds like Sabrina has some friends.

Old August 8th 06, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Singh

Brandy came in for a little visit, now that we've allowed for a little
opening-up and movement. So far so good; Sabrina still spouts off
impolite words, but no attempts have been made to rush at anyone. Brandy
left as nonchalantly as she came in. Stosh also visited, and again
Sabrina cussed; I had to pick him up to get him out, and he got miffed
and whined at me. But no one seems to resent being put out of the room
when Sabrina gets too verbal. What I don't understand is Sabrina! She
puts on what seems to be a tough front with the obscenities, but doesn't
make a move at anyone. I don't understand because all our past
integrations have been pretty smooth. Except, perhaps, for Odessa, but
she had been feral from birth and spent most of her time for the first
three months hiding.

It's going slowly, like toddler steps, but it's moving. Sabrina seems to
put up with a little more presence from the others now, than she did a
couple of days ago. Now, as I write, Stosh has snuck in, and Sabrina's
making some noise, but she's standing firm. I just hope that seeing her
sibs will show her that they mean no harm, and Sabrina need not fear
that she will lose affection or attention.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old August 8th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Singh

Stosh is just a glutton for invective.

He's been quite the little gent, I must give credit wher it's due. He hasn't
come up too close to Sabrina, hasn't said anything except to bitch when I
picked him up 5 minutes ago to take him to the door. Now he's back,
sauntering about as Sabrina mutters a few choice syllables that would damn
his progeny for seven generations, had the vet not taken care of such
matters. And not once has his tail even puffed, nor his voice raised. And
Sabrina's even shut her mouth for the moment; I don't know if mentioning a
bar of soap had anything to do with it or not. But she's up on the desk,
guarding her wool like Linus with his blanket, and Stosh is meandering. My
God, it's *quiet.* What the Sam Hill's going on here?!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old August 8th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Singh wrote:

Stosh is just a glutton for invective.

He's been quite the little gent, I must give credit wher it's due. He hasn't
come up too close to Sabrina, hasn't said anything except to bitch when I
picked him up 5 minutes ago to take him to the door. Now he's back,
sauntering about as Sabrina mutters a few choice syllables that would damn
his progeny for seven generations, had the vet not taken care of such
matters. And not once has his tail even puffed, nor his voice raised. And
Sabrina's even shut her mouth for the moment; I don't know if mentioning a
bar of soap had anything to do with it or not. But she's up on the desk,
guarding her wool like Linus with his blanket, and Stosh is meandering. My
God, it's *quiet.* What the Sam Hill's going on here?!

She's a cutie, potty mouth and all.

Joyce
Old August 8th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

What I don't understand is Sabrina! She
puts on what seems to be a tough front with the obscenities, but doesn't
make a move at anyone.

Tyche is like this. My inlaws think Tyche is "vicious" and
"unfriendly," but really, she is all talk. Sure she'll hiss and growl,
but sometimes she's actually rubbing herself against you as she does
it! She's never actually slashed or bitten anyone.

--Fil

Old August 8th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Singh

Everyone is just being so nice, it's hard to believe--even the Juvies are
behaving! Of course, one can argue that the word "behave" is relative; why
does the world assume that, when you order a child to behave, that the
behavior is supposed to be good?

Brandy and Roxie have come in to visit this morning, and Sabrina is even
more subdued now. There have been a few vulgarities, but Sabrina's not
cowering in place like she was last night. She stayed put, but she'd shrink
back a bit and spew forth a gusher of foul words that would make a sailor
blush. Now she's grumbling, but staying curled up and comfortable on a pile
of Louie's clothing. Roxie, to my surprise, was taken aback by Sabrina's
mouth and pulled back a bit, but we had no tail-fluffing, backtalk or
fisticuffs. I'm surprised because Roxie was one of the most frequent
visitors to the closed door, wondering who was behind it and when she'd get
to see. I almost feel as if everyone knows Sabrina is full of hot air, and
not taking the growl-and-hiss talk seriously.

We'll keep Sabrina sequestered while we're at work, but tonight, stay tuned
for more Fun With Integration, sponsored by Damitol...Damitol, when all you
want to do is cuss!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old August 8th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Singh wrote:
Everyone is just being so nice, it's hard to believe--even the Juvies are
behaving! Of course, one can argue that the word "behave" is relative; why
does the world assume that, when you order a child to behave, that the
behavior is supposed to be good?

Now I have to type up how bitties use this argument. They do it all
the time.

--Fil

Old August 9th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon

Yesterday I went to help fix a mini van for a friend of mine. she's
recently separated, and has two girls from a previous marriage. The
girls are about three and six. We went to a wrecking yard, and finally
found a bracket that we needed. The girls climbed in and out of junk
cars, yanked on steering wheels, and finally ended up jumping up and
down on a pickup truck shell, which was on the ground. Like you say,
behave is a relative term.

They spent the time asking me one question after another, while I'm
trying to get a greasy bracket off a junk van.

Back to their house. They just kept talking.

She put a pizza in the oven, and we enjoyed dinner. The girls kept
talking.

I did finally get the bracket in. The job was a mess, in many regards.
But after a lot of work, I did finally get it all back together. The
girls got sent upstairs, but they spent their time yelling to me out
the second floor window.

Someone I know of, does roofing. Carries shingles up the ladder. He
went to his doctor and complained, got sent home with a scrip for
Inderal. I woulda wrote him a scrip for sit down once in awhile.
Anyhow my Dad calls it Enditall.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.