The cleaning continues.,

Old August 24th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default The cleaning continues.,

I'm now attacking the corner between the cat tree and the couch since
the end table belongs to the roomie.

The couch is partially against the sliding glass door which leads to
the patio but there is enough space for a lot of junk and yes, a cat,
to fit into. Mischief watched from the top of the cat tree and Mayhem
hopped onto the back of the couch to watch.

First you have to clean in front of the table. I removed several
books, papers, magazines and picked up a rag and found a dried
hairball. Ewww!! Under the table I found several clumps of cat hair,
toys and the box for my stethescope.

I also had a chess set on top of the table. Over the years it's been
knocked over with the cats running up and down the tree. One of my
bishops is cracked. Well the area is decently clean, but i'm still
missing two pieces from the set, so i'm hoping i'll find them under the
couch. I also had several Jenga blocks scattered all over the place.
Remember the Jenga game? You have a tower of blocks and you remove the
blocks one at a time and stack it on top and try not to tip the tower.
Great party game, even more fun after a few drinks. (grin)

I remember once coming home to chess pieces and Jenga blocks EVERYWHERE
on the floor. I surmised that one of the cats attempted to run up the
tree, slipped and fell onto the end table. *sigh*

But that's not all. I remember Imp being interested in the crack
between the couch and the sliding glass door, and he would often sleep
under this end table and hid behind it and lean up against the glass,
etc

GW FOR BELOW!!

Well I do remember a long time ago where I heard rattling, and I
looked up and all I could see what the vertical hanging blinds behind
the couch moving. I didn't think much of it, since i knew it was Imp
just playing around. Today as I peeked back there, I found what he had
been playing WITH. It was a very large, but thankfully very dead
roach. YUCK!! It hadn't sustained any physical damage, but I wouldn't
be surprised if Imp batted and pounced it to death. He likes to play
with bugs.

Anyway, my asthma is acting up from all the dust that's being kicked
up. Oh, and also in this little area, I found:

Two jingle balls
Three paper balls
Seven, yes I counted, SEVEN furry mousies

Later tonight the trek continues and I'll attempt to vaccum that area
and clean it out a bit more.

Persia Supervises Fountain Cleaning jmcquown Cat anecdotes 9 March 10th 06 01:08 PM
Solve your carpet cleaning problems clean Cat health & behaviour 0 February 1st 06 07:09 PM
Problems getting dental cleaning Mike S. Cat health & behaviour 1 January 21st 06 08:15 AM
Spring Cleaning Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 3 April 30th 05 07:10 PM
Help - Cleaning Ears JD Cats - misc 4 August 16th 03 04:10 PM