Join the ER Weavercry club today!!!

Old April 16th 05, 09:32 PM
438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl

Default Join the ER Weavercry club today!!!

It didn't do too well as a guild on neopets but now it's remade and
back!!! It's opportunities are as fallows:

*Weavercry chat
*share experiences that you had with episodes of ER where Kerry Weaver
cried
*create or co create your own weavercry stories with me or another
membie. We may have a contest if there are enough stories submitted.
*get advice for your weavercry hurts.

Come one come all and lets make this group great!!!

Old April 17th 05, 07:25 AM
jmcquown

438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl wrote:
It didn't do too well as a guild on neopets but now it's remade and
back!!! It's opportunities are as fallows:

You are starting to annoy me. I need to go take a pill.

Jill

Old April 17th 05, 02:18 PM
438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl

Relax, have some fun and you won't get annoyed as easy.

Old April 19th 05, 02:13 AM
Gabey8

Years ago, a friend gave me a cup of friendship bread batter. I was making
friendship bread on a regular basis for several months, as well as giving
out batter to family and friends. I think I had to add a cup of milk, a
cup of flour, and a cup of sugar (? This was about 15 years ago, I forget)
every three days, and then I believe it was on the 9th day that I had to
pour off three cups of batter, add the rest of the ingredients to what
remained, and bake the bread.

And then my kitchen roof had a leak for the first time. Where'd the water
come in? Right over the kitchen counter and into my bowl of batter while
it was aging, of course. I had to scrap the whole thing, and that was the
end of the friendship bread.

Unfortunately, nobody else had another cup of batter they could set me up
with. They'd used theirs and/or gave away all their extra.

Lately, I've been having a wish to make friendship bread again. Has anyone
got access to a recipe for how to make the starter batter? How about the
recipe for how to bake the bread and keep the recipe going?

Donna

Old April 19th 05, 04:12 AM
Mishi

Has anyone got access to a recipe for how to make the starter batter? How
about the recipe for how to bake the bread and keep the recipe going?

Donna

Hi Donna,
Here is a link to a website that has Amish Friendship Bread, and it tells
how to make the starter.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,194,1...224206,00.html

Have fun cooking!
Patti

Old April 19th 05, 06:16 AM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:13:43 -0400, Gabey8 wrote:

[...]

It sounds like you are looking for "sour dough starter". I'm sure you
could Google a recipe. MLB

Old April 19th 05, 05:40 PM
CK

Gabey8 wrote:

Lately, I've been having a wish to make friendship bread again. Has anyone
got access to a recipe for how to make the starter batter? How about the
recipe for how to bake the bread and keep the recipe going?

Go here http://www.recipesource.com/
Put friendship into the search box and hit Go, and you'll get 30
recipes, some called (Amish / Ha'penny) Herman or Friendship bread and
some Friendship (yeast) starter.

Try them all and find one you fancy...

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old April 24th 05, 03:38 AM
Singh

This comes from a site called "Wendy's Modest Dress," which is run by a very
nice lady who makes tasteful clothing, and prayer veils for ladies who
believe in covering head. She also has a few "tasteful" recipes!

Amish Friendship Bread

Starter Ingredients:
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup warm (110 degrees F) milk
Directions:
1.) In a small bowl, soften yeast in water for about 10 minutes. Stir well.
In a 2 quart glass, plastic, or ceramic
container combine flour, and sugar. Mix thoroughly or flour will lump when
milk is added. Slowly stir in milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Cover
loosely and let stand at room temperature until bubbly. Consider this day 1
of the 10 day cycle.
2.) On days 2 thru 4 stir with a spoon.
Day 5 stir and add 1 cup sifted flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk and stir.
Days 6 thru 9 stir only.
Day 10 stir and add 1 cup sifted flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk and stir.
Remove 1 cup and make your first bread, and give one cup to a friend with
the recipe. Store the remaining cup in a container in the refrigerator and
begin the 10 day process over again. You can also freeze this in 1 cup for
later use. Frozen starter take a least 3 hours at room temperature before
using.

Making the bread,
Important Note: Don't use metal spoons or equipment. Do not refrigerate. Use
only glazed ceramic or plastic bowls or containers.

Must have 1 cup live starter (see above)

Day 1:
Do nothing with the starter.
Days 2-5: Stir with a wooden spoon.
Day 6: Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. Stir with a wooden
spoon.
Days 7-9: Stir with a wooden spoon.
Day 10: Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Stir. Take out 3 cups
and place 1 cup each into three separate plastic containers. Give one cup
and a copy of this recipe to three friends. To the balance (a little over
one cup) of the batter, add the following ingredients and mix well.
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
In a separate bowl combine the following dry ingredients and mix well:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp of the following, nutmeg, allspice, cloves (I add this for the
Holidays and sprinkle with red and green sugar sprinkles!)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 - (5.1 oz) box instant vanilla pudding 1/2 tsp salt 1 cup nuts

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix and pour into two well greased
and sugared bread pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Old April 24th 05, 03:45 AM
Singh

The following variant of Friendship Bread also comes from the Wendy's Modest
Dress site, with many thanks to Wendy McDonnell. I've been looking for years
for the "Herman" recipe and didn't find it until 5 minutes ago!

Herman A bit healthier version of the Amish Friendship bread

Herman Wheat'n'Honey Starter

1/2 c Honey or brown sugar
1/3 c Warm water
2 tb Yeast
2 c Milk
1 c Whole wheat flour
1 c White flour or unbleached
1 tb Ginger
1/2 c Whole wheat flour
1/2 c White flour or unbleached
1/4 c Honey or brown sugar 1/4 t
preparation:
Stir well. Keep in refrigerator. Sprinkle ginger and 1 T. honey or brown
sugar over warm water. Sprinkle yeast over this and stir. Let stand in warm
place to double in size, about 10 minutes. Mix milk, rest of honey or brown
sugar, flours & yeast mixture in a glass container, about the size of a
gallon Pyrex jar. Stir, using only a wooden spoon, since metal objects will
retard Herman's growth. Leave the cover on loosely or place a glass plate
over the top of the container so Herman can breathe. Herman doubles, even
triples at time of vigorous rising. Place Herman in a warm place overnight.
Next day refrigerate, loosely covered, and stir each day. This is very
important with Wheat'n'Honey Herman Starter as more gases form in the
container and are released during stirring. Formation of this gas may cause
the starter to appear darker on top before stirring each day, but this is
OK. On the 5th day measure out 1 c. Herman for baking and another cup to
give to a friend, if you wish, then feed the Herman you have left, thusly:
SEE ABOVE From day 5 on you may bake with Herman any day you wish, always
making sure you have one full cup left for feeding. Feed Herman every five
days. If you have a lot left, feed him only 1 T. honey or brown sugar. If
you have one cup or a little more left, add the same ingredients as you did
on the 5th day.

HERMAN CINNAMON ROLLS

1 c Herman
1/4 ts Salt
2 ts Baking powder
1 c Flour
1/4 ts Soda
1/4 c Oil
Margerine
Stick butter, melted
1 c Brown sugar
1/2 c Nuts

Mix Herman, salt, baking powder, flour, soda and oil. Form into dough. Knead
lightly. Roll into 1/4 inch thickness on floured surface. Spread with soft
margerine. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up as for jelly roll, cut
into 1/2 inch slices. Spread topping in bottom of 9 x 13. Place roll slices
on top, flat side down. Bake in 350
oven for 30 minutes. Remove immediately by overturning on cookie sheet.
Topping: Combine 1 stick melted margerine, 1 c. brown sugar and 1/2 c. nuts.

Herman Chocolate Cookies
2 c Brown sugar
4 Eggs
2 ts Vanilla
4 tb Cocoa
1 ts Baking powder
1 c Shortening
1 c "Herman" starter
3 c Flour
1 ts Soda
1/4 ts Salt
Chopped nuts are optional

HERMAN PEACH COBBLER

1 cup Herman Starter
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 6 ounce box instant pudding mix (your favorite flavor)
1 large can (29 OZ) peach slices -- drained

Mix herman starter, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla. Add all dry ingredients.
Mix well. This is a thick batter. Drain peaches and place in a greased 9 x
13 inch baking pan. Spoon batter over peaches. Bake at 325 for 30 to 40
minutes. Serve warm with half and half or cream.

Combine all ingredients in usual manner until well blended. Drop by teaspoon
onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Note:
You may frost with chocolate icing.

Herman Biscuits
Makes 1 dozen

1 cup Herman Sourdough Starter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions
1Bring Herman Starter to room temperature.
2Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3Stir flour mixture and oil into Herman Starter. It will form a soft dough.
4On a lightly floured surface knead dough until smooth. Pinch off small
pieces of dough and shape into balls OR roll dough out and cut with a
biscuit cutter. Place biscuits onto a greased baking sheet, cover and let
rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
6Bake in biscuits in the preheat oven for about 30 minutes or until golden.
Serve warm.

rec.pets: Starting A Successful Rescue Club FAQ Cheryl Minnier Cat Information 0 November 28th 04 05:17 AM
rec.pets: Starting A Successful Rescue Club FAQ Cheryl Minnier Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:25 AM
Today gracecat Cat anecdotes 52 October 13th 04 02:01 PM
Roxy is being a sweetheart today! Marina Cat anecdotes 1 December 22nd 03 02:30 PM
bad news at the vet today :( -L. Cat health & behaviour 39 September 12th 03 06:20 PM