I'm injured AGAIN (OT)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 22nd 05, 04:12 PM
Christina Websell

Default I'm injured AGAIN (OT)

Could I ask for a few purrs yet again? I woke up at 5 a.m. on Friday
morning with the most incredible, almost unbearable pain in my right knee.
It was a "get a painkiller instantly" moment.
It took me 20 minutes to get down the stairs - on my butt - take an
industrial strength painkiller left over from my operations and upstairs to
bed again. I took Tramadol, it did not even touch the pain. I had to phone
in to work to say I couldn't get there, I had the presence of mind to take
my phone up to the bedroom when I got my painkillers.

My new manager is good. She said I had plenty of holiday days left (we call
it "leave") that I could take a days leave and see how I was on Monday. If
you are sick on a Friday; Sat & Sun count too as sick days, even though we
don't work them.
I've been so ill over the last few years that I've used all my
sick-time-and-be-paid days up. First it was my eyes, they took 4 years to
sort out, then this ovarian cancer. So I really need to be off work now
with what seems to be a badly sprained knee! Not!
I don't know how I did it. I just woke up in pain at 5 in the morning and
it was there, I hope it's not a more sinister thing like a bone spread from
my ovarian ca. My knee is swollen, hot and red.
My gut feeling is that it isn't. It hurts like hell though.
My sister-in-law drove me to the grocery shop today and to get chicken food.
She will get me to work next week somehow after she sorts out her 5 and
unders..
Am I allowed to be a bit fed up? When will I be properly healthy again??

Tweed