I'm injured AGAIN (OT)

Old October 22nd 05, 11:14 PM

Default I'm injured AGAIN (OT)

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:12:52 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Could I ask for a few purrs yet again? I woke up at 5 a.m. on Friday
morning with the most incredible, almost unbearable pain in my right knee.
It was a "get a painkiller instantly" moment.
It took me 20 minutes to get down the stairs - on my butt - take an
industrial strength painkiller left over from my operations and upstairs to
bed again. I took Tramadol, it did not even touch the pain. I had to phone
in to work to say I couldn't get there, I had the presence of mind to take
my phone up to the bedroom when I got my painkillers.

My new manager is good. She said I had plenty of holiday days left (we call
it "leave") that I could take a days leave and see how I was on Monday. If
you are sick on a Friday; Sat & Sun count too as sick days, even though we
don't work them.
I've been so ill over the last few years that I've used all my
sick-time-and-be-paid days up. First it was my eyes, they took 4 years to
sort out, then this ovarian cancer. So I really need to be off work now
with what seems to be a badly sprained knee! Not!
I don't know how I did it. I just woke up in pain at 5 in the morning and
it was there, I hope it's not a more sinister thing like a bone spread from
my ovarian ca. My knee is swollen, hot and red.
My gut feeling is that it isn't. It hurts like hell though.
My sister-in-law drove me to the grocery shop today and to get chicken food.
She will get me to work next week somehow after she sorts out her 5 and
unders..
Am I allowed to be a bit fed up? When will I be properly healthy again??

Tweed

{{{{Tweed}}}}}

You have been through so much, you surely didn't need this, too.

Purrs for your poor knee, and I hope you feel much better very soon.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old October 22nd 05, 11:29 PM
Pamela Shirk

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Could I ask for a few purrs yet again? I woke up at 5 a.m. on Friday
morning with the most incredible, almost unbearable pain in my right knee.

Purrs and healing thoughts on the way. What does your Dr. say is the cause
of your pain?

Pam S.

Old October 23rd 05, 01:20 AM
jmcquown

Christina Websell wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I wonder if it's connected from my fall off the ladder around two
weeks ago.

I was wondering about that, too, but this would be a very delayed
reaction. Purrs that it gets better soon.

I know that it would be a very delayed reaction and it seems
unlikely. It's almost impossible that I somehow got this injury while
I was asleep, though. The only other explanation could be that I was
sleepwalking and fell down the stairs or something. As far as I know,
I have never walked in my sleep before, and I was in bed when I woke
up with the knee pain. It's a mystery. I went to bed quite okay and
woke up with a bad knee injury. Go figure. Your ideas on how it
might have happened would be welcome.

Tweed

I have no idea how your knee got hurt (purrs on the way). I do know one
morning I woke up and could not turn my head in either direction. It was
very painful. Since I couldn't turn my head I couldn't drive. I was driven
to the doctor and it turned out to be a pinched nerve. There wasn't much
they could do about it. I was given some sort of prescription (don't
remember what, perhaps an anti-inflammatory) and it cleared up in a few
days.

Jill

Old October 23rd 05, 02:48 AM
Wayne Mitchell

"Christina Websell" wrote:

Am I allowed to be a bit fed up? When will I be properly healthy again??

I know I'd be fed up.

Please get this checked out by a medico. We'd all like to know
that your getting the very best advice and care.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old October 23rd 05, 06:00 AM
Takayuki

"Christina Websell" wrote:
I don't know how I did it. I just woke up in pain at 5 in the morning and
it was there, I hope it's not a more sinister thing like a bone spread from
my ovarian ca. My knee is swollen, hot and red.
My gut feeling is that it isn't. It hurts like hell though.

I think your gut feeling is right. Ovarian cancer spreading to the
knee causing sudden swelling doesn't sound plausible. I hope you get
some medical attention for it and feel better soon!

Maybe you turned it somehow. Once when I was in France ages ago, my
ankle mysteriously became red, inflamed, and painful for a few days.
I talked to my company about it, and they said that our medical
insurance didn't cover doctor visits in foreign countries, so I didn't
seek attention for it. It went away on its own as suddenly and
mysteriously as it appeared, but my condition wasn't nearly as bad as
yours (I could walk fine, with a slight limp). A colleague suggested
that maybe I had turned my ankle the night before when I happened to
have had a few glasses of beer and wine and got into a fistfight at a
bar.

Old October 23rd 05, 06:53 AM
laurie w

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Please allow me to butt in , even though I don't know the extent of your
medical history ( I am the one who posted about the little kitten Kady
that our doggie brought home) ... but seeing as you mentioned cancer, I
wonder if you have been on chemotherapy drugs... some of them are
known to cause blood clots.... which have symptoms similar to what you
have said you experienced.

Please see a doc as soon as possible.... don't let it wait.

My father was on chemo , and had a blood clot in his leg.... thats what
made me think of it.

Best wishes.

laurie

(pics are up at www.richandlaurie.com)

Old October 23rd 05, 07:02 AM
laurie w

"laurie w" wrote in message
om...

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
[...]

piggy backing my post :
http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=6348

Old October 23rd 05, 07:14 AM
Bridget

This sounds a lot like my dad's gout. And that can come on suddenly and
be just as painful. The sooner you get to a doc, the better.

Bridget, concerned (and the lethargic three who are purring nonetheless)

Old October 23rd 05, 02:47 PM
badwilson

Takayuki wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote:
[...]

Uhhh, somehow I can't picture you getting in a fistfight at a bar. At
all.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old October 23rd 05, 02:48 PM
badwilson

Sounds like it might be more than just a sprain. Especially if it
just happened and you didn't injure it. Might be an infection, I'd
have it checked out ASAP.