[OT] My MRI Results - Medical Personnel?

Old December 7th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default [OT] My MRI Results - Medical Personnel?

OK, guys, I'm feeling kind of nervous and could use the reassurance. I
think I told you about the accident I had where I went flying through the
air, landing on my right hand before any other part of my body hit the
ground. I shattered my right wrist and I've been having pain ever since
(it's been 18 months now). The pain, instead of decreasing over time, has
increased over time and has now centered in my neck.

Well, I finally got insurance and finally got my deductible met, so I went
to the doctor for some tests. The results of the MRI came back, but I don't
see the doctor until Monday. I'm not completely sure what these findings
mean, but they don't sound good...

"Examination of the C3-C4 level show significant compromise of the right
neural foramen due to hypertrophic bone arising from the uncinate process
and also from the posterior elements. This constitutes significant right
side foraminal stenosis at C3-C4."

A few people on my other newsgroup said that it is a constriction of the
nerve going to my right shoulder/elbow/wrist that is being pinched off by
the protrusion of bone into the canal that holds the nerve. That sounds
right going by the definitions of some of the words in the above. And it is
logical that the bones may have jammed together because of the force being
conducted up my arm to my neck when my hand hit the ground.

I'm worried about two things right now... Minor: I need to get this done
before the end of this year so I don't have to shell out the $1500
deductible all at one time. Major: I am very, very nervous about anyone
using a bone saw that close to my spinal nerves.

Anyway, good thoughts and well wishes would be appreciated - as well as any
advice you may have or similar experiences from you or your friends or
family.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old December 7th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "CatNipped" :

This post has been staring at me too long without a response.

I'm worried about two things right now... Minor: I need to get
this done before the end of this year so I don't have to shell out
the $1500 deductible all at one time. Major: I am very, very
nervous about anyone using a bone saw that close to my spinal
nerves.

They actually have to bone saw something? Not a bit of chisel work to
alleviate pressure? Good luck!

Anyway, good thoughts and well wishes would be appreciated - as
well as any advice you may have or similar experiences from you or
your friends or family.

Here's good thoughts and well wishes. Good luck x2!

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old December 7th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"-Lost" wrote in message
Response to "CatNipped" :

This post has been staring at me too long without a response.

Thank you, I'm so glad you've decided to give me another chance to be your
friend!

I'm worried about two things right now... Minor: I need to get
this done before the end of this year so I don't have to shell out
the $1500 deductible all at one time. Major: I am very, very
nervous about anyone using a bone saw that close to my spinal
nerves.

They actually have to bone saw something? Not a bit of chisel work to
alleviate pressure? Good luck!

Actually, I've been researching this all day today and I found that they can
do "minimally invasive sugery" and I think they use a laser to bore out the
extra bone and relieve the pressure from the nerve. It's a more common
surgery than I first thought, so that has relieved my mind a bit - still,
any spinal surgery is scary.

Anyway, good thoughts and well wishes would be appreciated - as
well as any advice you may have or similar experiences from you or
your friends or family.

Here's good thoughts and well wishes. Good luck x2!

Thank you. And I hope this time I can keep from screwing up our friendship
again - in case you haven't gathered this already, I like you chickie-dee!
; [Oh not in that way you old letches - I'm married!] ;

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Old December 7th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "CatNipped" :

They actually have to bone saw something? Not a bit of chisel
work to alleviate pressure? Good luck!

Actually, I've been researching this all day today and I found
that they can do "minimally invasive sugery" and I think they use
a laser to bore out the extra bone and relieve the pressure from
the nerve. It's a more common surgery than I first thought, so
that has relieved my mind a bit - still, any spinal surgery is
scary.

Is there anything they DON'T use a laser for nowadays?

Anyway, good thoughts and well wishes would be appreciated - as
well as any advice you may have or similar experiences from you
or your friends or family.

Here's good thoughts and well wishes. Good luck x2!

Thank you. And I hope this time I can keep from screwing up our
friendship again - in case you haven't gathered this already, I
like you chickie-dee! ; [Oh not in that way you old letches -
I'm married!] ;

Don't let her fool you people, she propositioned me privately.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old December 7th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"-Lost" wrote in message
Response to "CatNipped" :

They actually have to bone saw something? Not a bit of chisel
work to alleviate pressure? Good luck!

Actually, I've been researching this all day today and I found
that they can do "minimally invasive sugery" and I think they use
a laser to bore out the extra bone and relieve the pressure from
the nerve. It's a more common surgery than I first thought, so
that has relieved my mind a bit - still, any spinal surgery is
scary.

Is there anything they DON'T use a laser for nowadays?

Probably not!

Anyway, good thoughts and well wishes would be appreciated - as
well as any advice you may have or similar experiences from you
or your friends or family.

Here's good thoughts and well wishes. Good luck x2!

Thank you. And I hope this time I can keep from screwing up our
friendship again - in case you haven't gathered this already, I
like you chickie-dee! ; [Oh not in that way you old letches -
I'm married!] ;

Don't let her fool you people, she propositioned me privately.

LOL! You *said* you would be discrete!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Old December 7th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "CatNipped" :

Don't let her fool you people, she propositioned me privately.

LOL! You *said* you would be discrete!! ;

Stop paying me in cat litter and kibble and you'll see some discretion.

Maybe a little catnip...

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old December 8th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"-Lost" wrote in message
Response to "CatNipped" :

Don't let her fool you people, she propositioned me privately.

LOL! You *said* you would be discrete!! ;

Stop paying me in cat litter and kibble and you'll see some discretion.

Maybe a little catnip...

OK, how about some Meowie Wowie? takes a toke and passes the bong

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Old December 8th 07, 08:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "CatNipped" :

Don't let her fool you people, she propositioned me privately.

LOL! You *said* you would be discrete!! ;

Stop paying me in cat litter and kibble and you'll see some
discretion.

Maybe a little catnip...

OK, how about some Meowie Wowie? takes a toke and passes the
bong

Oh my, you are too much.

hits it when no one is looking

--