Trying new cat food

Old March 16th 13, 12:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Trying new cat food

I always add warm water to the Wellness (Turkey) to make it more gushey.
The Evo is soft enough right out of the can.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old March 16th 13, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I always add warm water to the Wellness (Turkey) to make it more gushey.
The Evo is soft enough right out of the can.
---
Is there a reason why you do this, like your cats are elderly? Just
interested.
I used to smash Boyfie's wet food up into tiny pieces and one day I didn't.
He moaned and looked up at me like "I cannot possibly eat this unless you
make it smaller"
Of course he could. It was already in chunks suitable for cats to eat but
he wanted it smaller.
He is in the best of health and his teeth are perfect - so I left him to
decide whether he would eat it or not.
He decided it would be a chore to eat his meal that wasn't quite as small
chunks as he liked but as I did not relent, guess what happened ;-)
Please vote now:
a) he refused his food for more than a few hours because meowmie had not
prepared it to his liking.
b) he decided meowmie was firm on this and ate his food within 10 minutes
despite it was not crushed up small enough for his highness.

I will of course go to the n'th degree with a sick dog or cat regarding
food. I will buy anything they want. I will cook for them.
But Boyfie was taking the ....
It was partly my fault. I spoilt him a bit after I lost Kitty Farmcat.
Anyway, he is quite able to eat his pouch without my assistance now and he
can eat the bigger chunks for himself He always could. FGS, he can catch
and eat a collared dove so small chunks in his cat food shouldn't be a prob.
I think it's about "do you love me?"

Old March 17th 13, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I always add warm water to the Wellness (Turkey) to make it more gushey.
The Evo is soft enough right out of the can.
---
Is there a reason why you do this, like your cats are elderly? Just
interested.

~~~~~~~~~~
I can't answer for Mike, but that is a technique (adding some warm water)
that many people recommend because it is an easy way to get our cats to
drink more water. Cats easily become dehydrated, and it can be difficult to
get them to drink an adequate supply. Using canned cat food helps with that
problem, and adding water helps still more.

MaryL

Old March 17th 13, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Tweed asked:
---MIKE---" wrote in message
... I always add

warm water to the Wellness (Turkey) to make it more gushey. The Evo is
soft enough right out of the can.
---
Is there a reason why you do this, like your cats are elderly?

It gets more water into them. They are elderly - Amber is 18 and Tiger
is 12. Amber's teeth are not too good so it makes it easier for her
(she is too old to be put under for a dental)..

Old March 18th 13, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Tweed asked:
---MIKE---" wrote in message
... I always add

warm water to the Wellness (Turkey) to make it more gushey. The Evo is
soft enough right out of the can.
---
Is there a reason why you do this, like your cats are elderly?

It gets more water into them. They are elderly - Amber is 18 and Tiger
is 12. Amber's teeth are not too good so it makes it easier for her
(she is too old to be put under for a dental)..

---MIKE---

thanks, Mike, for explaining.

Old March 18th 13, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
[...]

More likely it's about the universal feline motto: "I Don't Like Change."

--
Joyce

"Riveting reading that keeps readers reading."
-- The Midwest Book Review

Old March 19th 13, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

The biggest problem with the EVO is that it doesn't seem to have much
body. The consistency is almost like a souffle. The cats, Tiger
especially, suck it up in a hurry and then want more. One can doesn't
satisfy them but the Wellness does.