PHEW - Smudge is back

Old January 28th 05, 02:02 AM
TBird

Default PHEW - Smudge is back

She must have been hunting.

She was back in time for dinner.

Scared me though.... After watching her lame attempt at mousing, (I watched
the mouse *bound* away and she kept hunting it where it had been) I was
worried that she wasn't savvy enough to be an outdoor cat after all.

But she's fine.

TBird ----- panics easily

Old January 28th 05, 02:18 AM
Lois Reay

"TBird" wrote in message
nk.net...
She must have been hunting.

She was back in time for dinner.

Scared me though.... After watching her lame attempt at mousing, (I

watched
the mouse *bound* away and she kept hunting it where it had been) I was
worried that she wasn't savvy enough to be an outdoor cat after all.

But she's fine.

TBird ----- panics easily

Great news, panic over!

Lois

Old January 28th 05, 04:54 AM
Marina

TBird wrote:

She must have been hunting.

She was back in time for dinner.

Scared me though.... After watching her lame attempt at mousing, (I watched
the mouse *bound* away and she kept hunting it where it had been) I was
worried that she wasn't savvy enough to be an outdoor cat after all.

But she's fine.

TBird ----- panics easily

Glad I scrolled down to find an update. Give her a welcome back scritch
from me, and tell her she doesnt need to go hunting - she has found a
good slave who is willing to feed her.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 28th 05, 09:58 AM
Sandra

thank goodness!

--
Sandra

Old January 28th 05, 03:21 PM
jmcquown

TBird wrote:
She must have been hunting.

Or just roaming around

She was back in time for dinner.

Hey, she knows where the food is!

Scared me though.... After watching her lame attempt at mousing, (I
watched the mouse *bound* away and she kept hunting it where it had
been) I was worried that she wasn't savvy enough to be an outdoor cat
after all.

But she's fine.

TBird ----- panics easily

I'm glad she's back!

Jill

Old January 28th 05, 06:07 PM
Gabey8

I'm glad I read this thread before the one where it was stated she was
missing. I've always had indoor-only cats and I think I'd have a heart
attack if one of them went missing.

So when I see someone else who's concerned about their kitty's
whereabouts, I go into "worry mode" for them, as well.

I'm glad Smudge is fine.

Donna, and Captain and Stanley, both of whom I'd like to leash-train

Old January 28th 05, 11:47 PM
PatM

But isn't it amazing how an INDOOR cat can just vanish too?! My old
orange tiger male I lost last year was one smooth, cool kitty. Calvin
to disappear (I eventually discovered) up into the rafters of the
basement ceiling that I had no idea he could get up to. To get him
down though, all I had to do was pat my shoulder and he would yawwwn,
stretch, and jump right down. His favorite thing to do was to drape
himself around my neck like a limp beanbag and ride around! PatM

Old January 29th 05, 05:59 AM
Marina

PatM wrote:
But isn't it amazing how an INDOOR cat can just vanish too?! My old
orange tiger male I lost last year was one smooth, cool kitty. Calvin
to disappear (I eventually discovered) up into the rafters of the
basement ceiling that I had no idea he could get up to. To get him
down though, all I had to do was pat my shoulder and he would yawwwn,
stretch, and jump right down. His favorite thing to do was to drape
himself around my neck like a limp beanbag and ride around! PatM

That's still understandable, but how can a cat disappear in a two room,
one bathroom flat? Nikki frequently vanishes, and when I've been rushing
about for fifteen minutes, searching for her everywhere, in all her
known hidey-holes, suddenly I turn around and there she sits quietly,
yawning and looking very sleepy. 'What do you want? Can't a girl get
some sleep around here without being woken by hysterical hoomins?'
There's no other explanation but that she has her own private black hole
that she vanishes into at will.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Crazy kitties (long) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 18 August 20th 04 04:20 AM
We're back from Purrth (long) badwilson Cat anecdotes 24 July 20th 04 04:09 PM
Back AGAIN badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 November 19th 03 04:11 AM
Vet Visit today, possible BW Larry Osborne Cat anecdotes 15 October 27th 03 01:18 AM