Pledge ripoff

Old November 21st 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Pledge ripoff

You may have seen the ads for the Pledge pet hair remover. I bought one
yesterday. It does remove the hair BUT according to instructions, when
the plastic cover fills up with hair "simply throw it away". Why pay $5
for a device that has to be thrown away after using it?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old November 21st 09, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Nov 20, 6:14*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
You may have seen the ads for the Pledge pet hair remover. *I bought one
yesterday. *It does remove the hair BUT according to instructions, when
the plastic cover fills up with hair "simply throw it away". *Why pay $5
for a device that has to be thrown away after using it?

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

I've had mine for several months, use it every couple of days. My
cats (all 7 of 'em) shed like beasts, and it's still picking up the
hair. I'm not exactly sure *when* it will be full. It looks full
now, but just tried it, and it still works. YMMV
Old November 21st 09, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

---MIKE--- wrote:

You may have seen the ads for the Pledge pet hair remover. I bought one
yesterday. It does remove the hair BUT according to instructions, when
the plastic cover fills up with hair "simply throw it away". Why pay $5
for a device that has to be thrown away after using it?

That's ridiculous! I've been looking for one of those since I first
saw the ad a few months ago, but the local supermarkets never have them.
I'd really like to try it, but I'm not going to dump it after only a
few uses. What horrible design (not an accident, I'm sure). Besides, what
rock are these people under? Haven't they heard that the earth already
has enough garbage??

I'm definitely going to try one of those modifications.

Joyce

--
Loneliness is comforted by the closeness and touch of fur to fur,
skin to skin, or -- skin to fur.
Old November 21st 09, 11:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
You may have seen the ads for the Pledge pet hair remover. I bought one
yesterday. It does remove the hair BUT according to instructions, when
the plastic cover fills up with hair "simply throw it away". Why pay $5
for a device that has to be thrown away after using it?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I feel exactly the same way. I looked at it but when I realized it was a
throw-away I said nope. (Price aside, we don't need more plastic crap in
our landfills.)

Jill

Old November 21st 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:
---MIKE--- wrote:

You may have seen the ads for the Pledge pet hair remover. I bought one
yesterday. It does remove the hair BUT according to instructions, when
the plastic cover fills up with hair "simply throw it away". Why pay $5
for a device that has to be thrown away after using it?

That's ridiculous! I've been looking for one of those since I first
saw the ad a few months ago, but the local supermarkets never have them.
I'd really like to try it, but I'm not going to dump it after only a
few uses. What horrible design (not an accident, I'm sure). Besides, what
rock are these people under? Haven't they heard that the earth already
has enough garbage??

I'm definitely going to try one of those modifications.

Joyce

The best fur-remover I've ever tried is a simply gadget shaped like a
brush, covered with a sort of rough plush surface. Rub it across your
upholstery in one direction and it picks up hair, rub it on your hand or
other surface in the other direction, and it sheds the fur, ready for
its next use. They've been around for a long, long time - some are
fancier than others, some come with a storage case, but they all work on
the same principal, and get what your vacuum cleaner leaves behind.
(Unlike the kind that has a roll of sticky tape that you keep tearing
off when it's full, these don't leave any sticky residue on the surface
you're cleaning, and last practically forever.)
Old November 23rd 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

m...

wrote:
---MIKE--- wrote:

[...]

I have used those for years, and I think they are great. They even work on
draperies because you can place your hand behind the fabric and then brush
over the surface. The ones I have were originally sold under the name of
Magic Brush, but I did not find any when I did a quick search a few minutes
ago. I have a hand-held Dirt Devil that I use when I want a strong vacuum
for furniture--the old-fashioned one with cloth bag and metal controls (not
plastic).

MaryL

Old November 23rd 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

. ..

m...

[...]

Found it!