fuzzy musings of the affectionate type

Old April 9th 04, 05:43 AM
Julie Snowshoe

Default fuzzy musings of the affectionate type

Well, I'm reading the newsgroup for the first time in weeks Real life
has basically limited my newsgroup activities to scanning the threads
and doing what I can offline to offer condolences. I know this a really
crappy was to treat my friends who really need to have proof that we
care. I promise I will try to do better in the future.

Right off the bat let me say that I have a very safe, very sturdy candle
lit to help guide Omni to the Bridge and another sturdy candle lit for
little Happy Puppy and one for Pam's neighbor's doggie named
Clitoris....that's ot right, Pam where are you? Oh! Cayla. Purrs on the
way for Cayla and her human family. I hope their suffering is short
lived and in time they can turn their grief to happy memories.

(reminder to self: do not post on ngs after taking 10 mg ambien and
drinking a Capt Morgan and coke. Expecially on a 1,000 calorie diet. -
oh well, too late)

CHERYL, You should be ashamed. You wrote a delightful little ditty about
Shadow which stuck in my head for two days now. I'll probably wake up in
the morning singing "If I only had a meow" I had to take Selena and
Lacey to Ted last weekend (Selena for Depo and Lacey for vacs). There
was a cat there that could only Ma. He was a good size cat and he was
sitting in the middle of his carrier saying "Ma", Ma" His slave said
she's heard him say MaMa before.

roflol! This is almost as silly as being stoned. The Toys R Us Easter
commercial just came on. Does anyone else love that commercial? If you
haven't seen it there is a toy store showroom full of white bunnies
singing "Here comes Peter Cottontail....." Geoffry the giraffe says
"all right, all right, we'll have an Easter sale, just please, somebody
makkkee themmm stttoooppp." DH and I just burst out laughing whenever
we see it.

Krista, I love your office cats. They are absolutely loverly! They seem
to have such personality, but I would suggest you begin looking for a
detox center for their future Of course Dave can always intervene
with the judge if necessary. Mikey looks absolutely adorable in his
lovey state. I know it worries you but he's so sweet.

Oliver, Bratcat Lacey thinks you are adorable with your little white
blaze on your forehead. She's a little older at 4 y/o and a bit of a
brat but she's also a lovebug. Maybe you can meet her during this
year's Pirate Voyage. I'm sure she would love to learn to hunt at the
paws of Nikki.

Victor, I sent purrs for Tubby cat and was so very sorry to learn of his
journey to the Bridge. I'm sure it was heartbreaking for everyone who
knew such a special cat. I enjoyed the memorial you posted and we have
sent our purrs and prayers to Tubby's family and friends.

btw Victor. Do you think I could borrow Tom for the spring and summer? I
really would like to get my yard in shape and just don't know where to
start. I'm sure he'd enjoy the challenge eg. Just think Tom, 1 1/4
acres of out of control asian wisteria, spiera, something that has been
allowed to volunteer for the past 3 years and has taken over a great
part of the yard. Then there is the vinca minor that is out of control
and the violets. Such fun.

Oh Victor! How did things go at work requesting a promotion?

Ginger-lyn, what a frightening experience you had with Cosmo and
Internet. I'm so pleased that it turned out without more serious
consequences. I'm sure you were totally exhausted when it was all over.

Exocat, sorry I'm deliberately ignoring your lame joke (but can't wait
to pass it along)

There were so many more posts that I have read that I know I'm
forgetting. Please do not feel I am ignoring you. I have enjoyed reading
the posts although I have had to skip some of the longer threads such as
Mom - how many directions did that thread take, lol!

My group is doing well. All three are getting along well. We've been
racing almost every weekend and they're having to spend a lot of time
together without us and I think that has forced them to bond tighter.
Hobbes and Lacey aren't fighting nearly as much. They were doing the
staring leads to a fight act but seem to be able to lie near each other
now without staring and hissing.

Racing hasn't gone well. We've been hit twice at two different tracks
which caused suspension damage and really messed up the handling on the
race car. Open wheel cars don't react very well to wheel-to-wheel
contact with another car. Then we finally got the car handling and Rusty
was on the pole at our last race and on the pace lap the steering box
broke resulting in no steering. Fortunately it was on the pace lap so
they weren't going very fast. It could have had disastrous results had
he taken the green and turned into the first turn at about 90 mph and
lost steering.

Work is busy. My boss has been named the Associate Director of The Emory
Clinic and Assistant Dean of Clinical Affairs at Emory University. We
spent the past two months preparing for interviews, etc. I doubt things
are going to slow down in the future but at least we have a bit of a
break in racing so I have the weekends to devote to the cats.

hmmm, the ambien is kicking in so I think I'll say good night. Hugs to
everyone who needs them then more hugs to all of you my friends. Yowie,
I'll be sending a special email to you but congratulations to you and
Joel and welcome young Cary. I'm so very glad that things went well with
the delivery. I'm really impressed with what can be done with
epidurals. My nephew was born with a congenital defect in which his
ribcage grew convexed (is that a word?) Anyhow, the ribcage was taking
up the room that his heart needed to grow. The doctors surgically broke
all of his ribs when he was 4 and put a plate in his chest to redirect
the growth of the bones. They kept him on an epidural for several weeks
and he never felt any pain. Absolutely amazing!

Oh! I almost forgot, Hazel, Hobbes sends tender headbutts to Dorrie for
her birthday and all three send headbutts and purrs to both for their
special day.

We also send headbutts and purrs to everyone who has celebrated
birthdays, purr days, adoption days and anniversaries lately. I'm so
very sorry I haven't been able to send those messages at the appropriate
time.

I promise I'll try to do better in the future.

Love you all,
Julie

Old April 9th 04, 03:33 PM
GraceCat

Been there!!! Done that!!! Except the ceiling rippled, the carpet moved
and there were bugs *everywhere*. A few nights later my posters came
alive... I made sure to start breaking those puppies in half.. The last
time they stoned me was when I was already exhausted and I took one
anyway, the day we buried my MIL.

Grace

Old April 9th 04, 03:44 PM
LOL

Julie Snowshoe wrote in message ...

Krista, I love your office cats. They are absolutely loverly! They seem
to have such personality, but I would suggest you begin looking for a
detox center for their future Of course Dave can always intervene
with the judge if necessary. Mikey looks absolutely adorable in his
lovey state. I know it worries you but he's so sweet.

(some big ole snips)

Thank you! :-D

Actually, before I read this paragraph, I had already had to stop
reading your post twice to go and yell at them. They are not getting
along today, apparently, and I've had to go in the lobby and yell
"Both of you, I want to see some behaving kitties right now!!" which
causes Ozzy to come try to suck up to me and Tiger to skitter out the
door. Cats, sheesh.

------
Krista

PS: We missed you!

Old April 9th 04, 06:49 PM
polonca12000

Please be careful!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Julie Snowshoe" wrote in message
snip Racing hasn't gone well. We've been hit twice at two different
tracks
which caused suspension damage and really messed up the handling on the
race car. Open wheel cars don't react very well to wheel-to-wheel
contact with another car. Then we finally got the car handling and Rusty
was on the pole at our last race and on the pace lap the steering box
broke resulting in no steering. Fortunately it was on the pace lap so
they weren't going very fast. It could have had disastrous results had
he taken the green and turned into the first turn at about 90 mph and
lost steering.

snip

Old April 9th 04, 06:49 PM
polonca12000

Please be careful!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old April 9th 04, 10:59 PM
Margaret Fine

Julie Snowshoe wrote:

[...]

Oliver thinks Lacey is a beautiful name and wonders where he can see
some pictures of the beautiful girl that must belong to such a beautiful
name? It will be interesting if he reacts. He really didn't seem
interested in Helen S's Francis.

Ah, ambien. I took 10 mg a few years ago and saw a Tyrannosaurus Rex in
my bedroom. I tried it again recently and it didn't work for me at all.
I never slept. I'll have to introduce the Ambien to Capt. Morgan.
That should work!! I recently introduced Capt. Morgan to Dr. Pepper and
they became such good friends they're now known around here as Capt. Pepper!

Good luck with the racing. Glad Rusty wasn't hurt with that last
mishap! My Dad is retired and spends some of his free time helping one
of my brother's friends who races stock cars. He loves being on the
crew and being in the pit during the races.

Margaret (who is going in search of Capt. Morgan since the sun is
definitely over the yardarm.

--
Margaret Fine

Old April 10th 04, 05:46 AM
GraceCat

I should amend this . I didn't take it to *get* stoned a few weeks
ago. Rather, to hold off some serious kickass nightmares revolving
further death of family members. I'm still having them.

Grace

PS: Hoping the racing will get better Julie. Jody's getting a stock
bassboat racing bug too so I may very well be in the same boat (pardon
the pun) a few years from now. Thought about you last week, we had
squirrels all over the place