Pit2nya cuddles

Old June 15th 14, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Pit2nya cuddles

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

Actually, Pit2nya is friendly to all,. Anyone who comes to the door
is approached and invited by her to pet and skritch a bit.
She is more of a lay-by-my-side-on-the-couch and allow petting
till she is ready to get down. You seem to have had a harder trek with
Boyfie,
but it is makes it all the sweeter, doesn't it?

Sylvia

I am ashamed to say I did not want to keep him as I already had Kitty
Farmcat so he was up (when I could catch him) for the Cat's Home. But he
crept into my heart and here he still is.
Yes it took years to get him to trust me, but it was worth it. He is
beautiful and charming and has no idea how to bite or scratch.
He loves me and the feeling is mutual. How someone lost him and didn't go
to the end of the earth to find him again I don't know. I put him on local
radio and cards in local shops "have you lost this cat?" but no-one came
for him.
Which is lucky for him and me.
He was, of course, not neutered, maybe 9 months old and lost after the
girlies beckoned and was going feral, although it was clear that he wasn't
by his extremely posh collar.
But, although I often think about his previous owners wondering about him
(and I wish I could tell them he has a good home) it's their own fault for
not getting him the snip.
He was very lucky not to be wandering down in the village, where my mother's
neighbour got her intact boycat crushed by a lorry and immediately got her
remaining boycat snipped. She could not afford to have have her girlcat
spayed (or didn't bother to find out how she could have done it via a
charity) so she got male kittens and didn't think it was necessary to neuter
them.
Her father found of her boys crushed and refused to let her view his body.
Although it annoyed me, I do think that some people don't think it's
necessary to neuter the boys as it costs money and you don't get kittens
from them.
But they are at the mercy of their hormones and get very lost and sometimes
no-one feeds them and then they die.
If I had loads of money I would pay for every boycat to have the snip so he
doesn't get to stinky and fighting, and abscesses and wandering to be run
over.

Old June 16th 14, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
:

About weighing cats.
I did the him minus me thing when I first got him, he weighed a bit more
than 7 lbs. Now he gets weighed at the vet when he goes for his yearly
checkup. They do kg and last time he was 4.5 kg which is a whole lot better
for his size, and about right. Tigger weighs in at 5.5 kg but he's a bigger
cat.
4 kg is 10lbs.
I don't like this metric stuff. I was reared on feet and inches and lbs and
can visualise it. I cannot visualise how big 40 cm is.

Old June 16th 14, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

[...]

Most Rescue organizations here either neuter before letting them out for
adoption,
or insist that you do so...both the boys and girls. Even the ASPCA
"Pounds" do,
and often offer 'specials' to people who need to get a pet altered.
Sylvia

Old June 16th 14, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
:

About weighing cats.
I did the him minus me thing when I first got him, he weighed a bit
more than 7 lbs. Now he gets weighed at the vet when he goes for his
yearly checkup. They do kg and last time he was 4.5 kg which is a
whole lot better for his size, and about right. Tigger weighs in at
5.5 kg but he's a bigger cat.
4 kg is 10lbs.
I don't like this metric stuff. I was reared on feet and inches and
lbs and can visualise it. I cannot visualise how big 40 cm is.

All I know is one cm = a pinkie width, and a pint of water weighs a
pound .
Remember, I taught 2nd grade ;-)

Old June 16th 14, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

He loves me and the feeling is mutual. How someone lost him and didn't go
to the end of the earth to find him again I don't know. I put him on local
radio and cards in local shops "have you lost this cat?" but no-one came
for him.

I understand the feeling, Christina. I'd never had a cat when Persia
came to me. I didn't intend to keep her because I had no clue about
cats. I tried to find her former "slaves". I printed and put up signs
all over, did anyone lose a cat? I called all the local vets and the
shelter to see if anyone had reported a lost a cat. No one responded.

So, all these years later, I have Persia. A wonderful, loving, soft
snuggle-bug.

That's the odd thing. She jumped up on the bed with me that very first
night. I remember when I got into bed thinking, "I have a cat in my
house". LOL She jumped up and curled next to me. Awwww! What a charmer!

I'll never know where she came from. But I'm glad she decided to insist
I take her in.

Jill
Old June 16th 14, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
About weighing cats.
I did the him minus me thing when I first got him, he weighed a bit more
than 7 lbs. Now he gets weighed at the vet when he goes for his yearly
checkup. They do kg and last time he was 4.5 kg which is a whole lot better
for his size, and about right. Tigger weighs in at 5.5 kg but he's a bigger
cat.

4 kg is 10lbs.

I don't like this metric stuff. I was reared on feet and inches and lbs and
can visualise it. I cannot visualise how big 40 cm is.

You and me both. I don't like metric, I wasn't raised with it and the
US never adopted that metric as the standard.

Persia weighs about 10 lbs. She is no longer what her vet once
considered fat. I don't have to do a conversion to tell you she's 10 lbs.

Jill
Old June 17th 14, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

....and she doesn't feel too heavy on your chest or legs?
I weigh + or - 123lbs, and P2nya seems heavy on me, which is very
seldom.
She has some Maine Coon in her, and isn't much of a lap cat.

Sylvia

Old June 17th 14, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/17/2014 12:11 AM, Sylvia M wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

She doesn't get on my chest or legs. But then, when I'm stretched out
I'm usually holding a book. (I don't sleep on my back.)

Jill
Old June 17th 14, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:35:57 -0400, jmcquown

[...]

I really wish we could find out their history. Scooter just showed up
on the block one day, and he was already pretty much an adult. He was
so friendly that it isn't possible that he hadn't had human contact.

Sort off the same with Marlo, just showed up one day. But she was no
where near as friendly it turns out. She did let me touch her and one
8 degree day (F), I took her in. No idea where she was before this.
Same with Callie, but she was an old girl when she turned up.
Practically no teeth. My neighbor took her in. And Munquinn? A ball of
long haired fur, one of the oddest cats I've ever seen, just showed
up. My neighbor took her in also.

I'd love to know their stories. Maybe over the RB that will happen.
Old June 17th 14, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

Tiger is a Maine Coon and is a lap cat - at 24 pounds. He doesn't jump up luckily - just slowly climbs up. He knows he is heavy.