Pit2nya cuddles

Old June 17th 14, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

Default Pit2nya cuddles

Tiger is a Maine Coon and is a lap cat - at 24 pounds. He doesn't jump up luckily - just slowly climbs up. He knows he is heavy.
Old June 17th 14, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Where'd they come from? (WAS: Pit2nya cuddles)

On 6/17/2014 8:20 AM, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:35:57 -0400, jmcquown

He loves me and the feeling is mutual. How someone lost him and didn't go
to the end of the earth to find him again I don't know. I put him on local
radio and cards in local shops "have you lost this cat?" but no-one came
for him.

I understand the feeling, Christina. I'd never had a cat when Persia
came to me. I didn't intend to keep her because I had no clue about
cats. I tried to find her former "slaves". I printed and put up signs
all over, did anyone lose a cat? I called all the local vets and the
shelter to see if anyone had reported a lost a cat. No one responded.

So, all these years later, I have Persia. A wonderful, loving, soft
snuggle-bug.

That's the odd thing. She jumped up on the bed with me that very first
night. I remember when I got into bed thinking, "I have a cat in my
house". LOL She jumped up and curled next to me. Awwww! What a charmer!

I'll never know where she came from. But I'm glad she decided to insist
I take her in.

Jill

I really wish we could find out their history. Scooter just showed up
on the block one day, and he was already pretty much an adult. He was
so friendly that it isn't possible that he hadn't had human contact.

The vet guessed Persia was 2-3 years old when she came to live with me.
And yes, obviously not feral! The manager of the apartment complex
suggested someone just moved out and left her (how cruel! but I know it
happens). Their loss, my gain.

Sort off the same with Marlo, just showed up one day. But she was no
where near as friendly it turns out. She did let me touch her and one
8 degree day (F), I took her in. No idea where she was before this.

It was January 6th 2001, and pretty darn cold for west Tennessee. The
temps were supposed to drop to about 20F that night. When she wouldn't
stop crying at my back door I made up my mind. I drove to the
Walgreen's a mile away. Grabbed a bag of cat food, food/water bowls, a
litterbox and litter. I told myself if she was still there when I got
home I'd let her in. She was, and I did. She strolled in off the back
patio as if she owned the place.

This was sort of a tricky situation since I had two parakeets at the
time. When I had to leave for work two days later I had to segregate
them. It took about a year of slowwwww introduction (and a few lessons
with a water bottle) before I trusted her enough to leave them alone
together sans segregation. By then she'd figured out they weren't food
and they got along famously.

A while after they died, I got a Fischer lovebird named Peaches. Persia
loved that bird! When I came to SC to take care of my parents I had to
board both of them. They'd keep Peaches in the grooming room. She
loved the sound of running water. She'd chirp like crazy. One day they
were cleaning Persia's kennel and she snuck out of the room and went
looking for Peaches. They found her in the grooming room looking up at
Peaches' cage as if to say "So, you're stuck here in jail too?"

Someone from the vet's office called me here to tell me about it. They
thought it was so cute! So did I.

Sadly, I don't know where Peaches is now. I went back home for a few
days about 6 months later. (It's hard living out of a suitcase and
without your beloved pets!) I brought Persia with me to South Carolina
but I didn't think it was a good idea to make the approx. 700 mile drive
with both a cat and a bird in the car. I left Peaches with my brother.
Long story short, my brother and I no longer speak. He has since
moved to someplace in Texas. I don't know if he took Peaches with him
or gave her away.

Same with Callie, but she was an old girl when she turned up.
Practically no teeth. My neighbor took her in. And Munquinn? A ball of
long haired fur, one of the oddest cats I've ever seen, just showed
up. My neighbor took her in also.

I'd love to know their stories. Maybe over the RB that will happen.

I'd like to think so.

Jill
Old June 19th 14, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Same here. Boyfie came from a home that put a posh collar on him and didn'r
bother to neuter him so he got lost looking ior the girls' Luckily Kitty
Farmcat brought him in.
He got neutered then and has a lovely life.
No fighting for him unless a neighourhood cat is in his garden

Old June 20th 14, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

All my cats have been RSPCA rescue cats.

Sweep was a kitten when our neighbours got her (she moved out from them to
our house and we still remained friends. It was Sweeps choice and we all
had to lump it.)

Both Sophie and Sootie we adopted and both had been taken in to the RSPCA
with kittens but we don't know if they'd been found or the owners had
taken them in. I don't think Sophie would have been good at self survival
as she didn't hunt, but Sootie I feel could have survived on her own,
she's much more independant. But we'll never know what has happened in
their past.
--

Both Boyfie & KFC came here on their own. Indeed KFC almost insisted on it
once she realised my last dog had gone to RB. She waited for around 2

Old June 23rd 14, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , jmcquown
"Judith Latham" wrote

I was born imperial and I'm staying imperial. As in the measurements of
course.

Judith
--

Ditto