MEOW!!! Jellicle Ball

Old October 6th 14, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Default MEOW!!! Jellicle Ball

On Monday, October 6, 2014 11:53:39 AM UTC-7, M Patterson wrote:
On Saturday, October 4, 2014 10:18:07 PM UTC-4, Sundance and/or Rebecca

Oh, my gudniss, datz only 4 dayz away! If nokittee objeckz, I will step in an be da Mistress uv Serrymoniez. Letz see, we will need:

--list of the deer departid -- Azad, iz yoo dere?

--a place to hav da ball

--catering -- I fingk Fluffykitz kan step in if nessysary

--dekkerating -- I fingk we still haz da rainbow-themed tabulclofz and fingz frum one uv owrown past JBs

--a gest buk

Az fur a place, Meowmie haz been lukkin at picherz uv Yosemite Valley in Catifurnia. Itz furry bootiful, wif kampin fur kittez dat likez da Out, an cabinz an a hotel fur kitteez dat likez da In. Itz far away frum citiez, so it gitz furry dark at nite an we wud hav a gud vyoo uv da Rainbow Brij. How duz dat sown?

Whut else duz we need?

Rebecca

I have a list, ma'am.

Azad

Oh, fangu, Azad! I wuz furry worried abowt dis. Yoo haz da most impurrtint part of da Ball. I furgit how we did it befur. Shud I make my welkummin speech, and den let yoo kall da namez, or duz I kall da namez, or whut? I wud be furry happee fur yoo to do it if yoo wantz to, but yoo kan deside.

Rebecca
Old October 6th 14, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

On Monday, October 6, 2014 4:50:10 AM UTC-7, Community Kitties wrote:
Well one tiny mouse tail of a problem: Didn't Yosemite Valley BURN this past summer?? I remember reading about the BIG FIRE there and that it burned, burned, burned. As an alternative site what about the Grand Canyon, in AZ?!? We could then keep with the Pioneer theme, or maybe somewhere on the route to Salt Lake City Utah?!?

I think the Pioneer Theme is excellent and we can tell tails about the roles CATS played in in settling the West. Tomorrow night I will start to peak as my Full Moon and Magic of the Night power will be starting to peak. If you need a paw, you can have all four of mine. I will second the motion that you be the Mistress of Serrymoniee. Hopefully you have a wink-wink to escort you. This would be our 19th Annual Jellicle Ball if I am correct.

The Theme and Title of of Ball: The 19th Annual Jellicle Ball: "The REAL Story of How the West Was Won as told by a Campfire Cat Who Was There"

Misty, Mistress of the Night

Yoo furgitz dat kitteez iz majik! We kan make da vallee luk howefur we wantz it too. Da park ranger kitteez ashurz myownself dat dey will be reddy fur owrown impurrtint event.

Rebecca

[ An elderly cat leaves Chief Smith's House and walks towards Rebecca. ]

I was jus talin' wif my brother out on Catifurnia, and him reminded me

dat Cat Valley surfifed da Yosemite Fire wif no damage at all. Cat

Valley is one third in Yosemite, one third in the John Muir Wilderness,

and one third a dimension that's not accessable to hoomins (except

through kitty teleporters).

Da lakes and streams in Cat Valley were furry important to da hoomins

fighting da fire, and a lot of da aminals made homeless by da fire hid

in Cat Valley. A lot of dem are still dere, afraid dat dey won't be able

to find acceptable new homes in da parks. But it's not at all crowded,

so if youz want to hold da Jellicle Ball at Yosemite it is still

available through Cat Valley.

Wesa

Fangu, Wesa, Cat Valley sownz purrfeck! Iz dere a kleering whare we kan set up tabulz an kushinz an fingz (kuz we komoonitee kitteez duz luv to eet an be kumfy!)? We haz kitteez gittin reddy to bring owr fingz az soon az dey knowz whare to take dem.

Da aminalz da excaped da firez -- iz dey doin OK? Iz dere enneefing we kan do fur dem? Dey iz awl welkum to attend da Jellicle Ball az long az dey is respeckful and dey unnerstan dat we iz awl frenz at da Ball. Even if dere iz aminalz dat normullee eetz eech uther, we duz not do dat at da Ball.

Rebecca
Old October 6th 14, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

On Monday, October 6, 2014 1:31:38 PM UTC-7, Amelia T Cat wrote:
Amelia: I'll be there one way or the other!! Seems my power is blowing things electrical out. Bobcat's monitor went down, he replaced with a spare, the 'puter has hiccups, etc., I suspect my teleporter my be affected, but I WILL BE THERE!!! Does any cat know EXACTLY where the Ball will be?? Id so do you the co-ordinates?!? I'm thinking of leaving early -- like tonight or tomorrow to make sure I get there in time. Besides I guess I'm unofficially part of the Decorating Committee. May or may not have to Catnap Bobcat into coming with me this year, to run or fix, if needed the teleporter. Does any cat have any of that special cat mint tea, as I'm down to my last dram from last year, and Bobcat used some to get through this year's "Migraine Season" (whatever that is)? Simply put Bobcat never ever Teleports very well.

Se you soon,

Misty

I believe we're still waiting for word from the Mistress of Ceremonies

as to the exact location, but I think it looks currently like we're

maybe leaning towards Yosemite. I think the coordinates for there are

37.874880 N by 119.859670 W. As we get learn more I'll post updates.

Also, I have a spare teleporter I would be glad to send to you, as well

as a bunch of the cat mint tea. I can port them over at your convenience.

Amelia

Yes, we will be at Cat Valley in Yosemite. I haz purrogrammed da internashunal 'porter system so dat kitteez juss needz to say "Jellicle Ball" an dey will end up in da rite place.

Rebecca
Old October 6th 14, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

On Monday, October 6, 2014 4:40:56 AM UTC-7, Amelia T Cat wrote:
Fangu furry muchly, Amelia! Derez so much to do. Kan yoo fingk uv enneefing I mite hav leeved off uv my list?

Rebecca

FluffyKitz can definitely can handle the catering. Sammy and Ranger are

fueling up the delivery truck and the tugs, and checking the heating and

cooling systems in the carts, Harri has arranged some short-term

laoborers to help us load up the trucks and make sure we have enough of

everything.

And I remember that we have a bunch of decorations from previous

Jellicle Balls in the warehouse too.

Amelia

Fangu, Amelia! Dis iz a bigbig hewp! Pleez tell yurown clowdermatez dat I haz invitid da aminalz uv Yosemite to attend da Bawl. I know dat mite make fingz harder fur dem, kuz dey will need more difurent kindz uv fudz, but I feeled dat it wuz da rite fing to do. If it hewpz, I fingk dere iz deerz, barez, foxez, big-type kitteez, beeverz, birdiez, rodentz, snakez, lizardz... Oh, deer, I hope I didn't overkommit ussez!

Rebecca
Old October 6th 14, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

On Monday, October 6, 2014 8:36:25 AM UTC-7, Amelia T Cat wrote:
Fangu furry muchly, Amelia! Derez so much to do. Kan yoo fingk uv enneefing I mite hav leeved off uv my list?

Rebecca

If you want somecat to deliver an invocation at the start of the

Jellicle Ball, I suspect that the High Priestess of Bast from a few JBs

ago might be available, or I'm sure that Aed and Morgana from the Second

World would be. In fact, I'm sure that we will have plenty of visitors

from the Second World and from the Temple of Bast anyway.

If you need help cleaning and preparing the cabins at Yosemite, I've got

a bunch of able and willing volunteers ready to chip in.

Amelia

It wud be a furry grate onner to hav da High Priestess bless owrown serrymoniez, but I wud also luv to see how da Second World kitteez observe solemn eventz. Maybe dey kud werk togedder, or maybe we kud hav two different invocashunz. Eethur way wud be furry speshul, Ize shur.

An ennee hewp purrparin da kabinz wud be gratefullee apurrsheayted! I will ask Wesa if dere iz a 'porter neer dem, so dat kitteez kan git to da JB site eezily.

Oh, my gudniss, I juss rememfured dat we will need mewzik fur da kitteez to dance! I better send a kittygram to Hercule rite away to see if he an hizown orkestra are availabul!

So much to do, so liddle time!

Rebecca
Old October 6th 14, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

On Monday, October 6, 2014 5:33:02 PM UTC-4, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
[...]

It would be an honor, ma'am, to Call the Names after your speech.

Azad
Old October 7th 14, 12:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

On Monday, October 6, 2014 5:33:02 PM UTC-4, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:

Oh, fangu, Azad! I wuz furry worried abowt dis. Yoo haz da most impurrtint part of da Ball. I furgit how we did it befur. Shud I make my welkummin speech, and den let yoo kall da namez, or duz I kall da namez, or whut? I wud be furry happee fur yoo to do it if yoo wantz to, but yoo kan deside.

Rebecca

It would be an honor, ma'am, to Call the Names after your speech.

Azad

(I pollogize for mine first attempt at answering you, ma'am.
I was using something dat did not let me edit, so it was tootoo long and messy.)
Old October 7th 14, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

Fangu, Wesa, Cat Valley sownz purrfeck! Iz dere a kleering whare we kan
set up tabulz an kushinz an fingz (kuz we komoonitee kitteez duz
luv to eet an be kumfy!)? We haz kitteez gittin reddy to bring
owr fingz az soon az dey knowz whare to take dem.
Da aminalz da excaped da firez -- iz dey doin OK? Iz dere enneefing
we kan do fur dem? Dey iz awl welkum to attend da Jellicle Ball az
long az dey is respeckful and dey unnerstan dat we iz awl frenz
at da Ball. Even if dere iz aminalz dat normullee eetz
eech uther, we duz not do dat at da Ball.
Rebecca

There is a large clearing with an amphitheater in the middle. There is a
raised stage in the middle of the amphitheater. The seating is tiers of
leveled land, covered in grass and well suited for soft cushions and
blankets.

Outside of the amphitheater the land is also nice and level and soft,
and there are plenty of places to set up buffet tables, etc. In fact,
they have quite a few such tables set up already, for the use of the
refugee critters that call Cat Valley home for the time being.

Thanks you for the kind offer of allowing them to attend the Jellicle
Ball. As a matter of fact, they have already arrived at a truce for as
long as they reside in Cat Valley. Most of the residents are close to
ready to return to their normal areas, they just need to get their
nerves restored. It can be quite traumatic to see your home and all of
your normal surroundings burning, so they just need to regain their
confidence. There are a few small family groups that could use some
reassurance, but most of the refugees are now using Cat Valley as a base
from which to reconnoiter their available living areas.

So the residents of Cat Valley, and the priests who live there and
maintain the area, welcome the Community heartily!

Wesa
Old October 7th 14, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Fangu, Amelia! Dis iz a bigbig hewp! Pleez tell yurown clowdermatez dat
I haz invitid da aminalz uv Yosemite to attend da Bawl. I
know dat mite make fingz harder fur dem, kuz dey will
need more difurent kindz uv fudz, but I feeled dat it
wuz da rite fing to do. If it hewpz, I fingk dere
iz deerz, barez, foxez, big-type kitteez, beeverz,
birdiez, rodentz, snakez, lizardz...

Oh, deer, I hope I didn't overkommit ussez!

Rebecca

I'm sure it won't be a problem. I have a cousin who lives in Scotland,
whose human is a groundskeeper on a very large estate. They have to put
food out for wild animals when the weather gets nasty, and he has
offered to help. He can provide us with foods for all the wild animals
we're likely to find in Cat Valley. And he can send more cousins along
to help with the serving. The only problem is that they all meow with
really strong accents, so it can be kind of hard to understand them
sometimes.

Amelia

Old October 8th 14, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 4:58:01 AM UTC-7, M Patterson wrote:
On Monday, October 6, 2014 5:33:02 PM UTC-4, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:

Oh, fangu, Azad! I wuz furry worried abowt dis. Yoo haz da most impurrtint part of da Ball. I furgit how we did it befur. Shud I make my welkummin speech, and den let yoo kall da namez, or duz I kall da namez, or whut? I wud be furry happee fur yoo to do it if yoo wantz to, but yoo kan deside.

Rebecca

It would be an honor, ma'am, to Call the Names after your speech.

Azad

(I pollogize for mine first attempt at answering you, ma'am.

I was using something dat did not let me edit, so it was tootoo long and messy.)

Datz kwite alrite, Azad. Can I aks fur two namez to be addid to da list? One iz Xander -- I duzn't know hizown howse name, but I fingk we kan call hizself House of Rankin. Da uther is Little Kitty, House of Steele -- she wuz sort uv a kuzzin to Sundance an me, kuz she livved wif owrown sekkaterry's sisfur. I wud apurrsheayte deze too bein added to da list. Fangu!

Rebecca