New toys on the way

Old January 3rd 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default New toys on the way

Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

Old January 3rd 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...
Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

We had one that made the rounds here on rpca about a year ago. Kitties were
either afraid of it or totally disinterested. I think it went first to
Victor, then to me, then I sent it along to someone else. But as we all
know, with cats, *nothing* is ever certain when it comes to what they like.
Let us know how Otis likes his.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 3rd 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Drat, I should have asked you before I ordered it and paid for it, well
let's hope he likes it, his latest thing is attacking the dining room
window when the screensaver at home (an aquarium) reflects onto it,
trouble is the heater's just underneath the window and I worry about
him burning himself. Mind you, my house is quite cold at the moment (v
long story shan't bore you with it here), and I found him in my
bedroom, with his face pressed on to the heater.

Old January 3rd 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 09:45:38 -0800, mlabofski wrote:

Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

I got one in the office gift exchange. Ranger likes it but is still
a little timid around it, Sammy and Tabitha are a little afraid of it,
Amelia and Cleopatra couldn't care less, and Harri loves to beat it up.

Old January 3rd 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

Drat, I should have asked you before I ordered it and paid for it, well
let's hope he likes it

You can always send it to Pat if he doesn't.

Joyce
Old January 4th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Having demolished all his old toys, Otis decided it would be fun to
play football with a hazelnut over Christmas. I decided it was time
the poor old thing got some new ones, so I've just ordered some up, has
anyone got a "thing in a bag"? I've ordered one, I hope it's as much
fun as it looks.

Marcia

We had one that made the rounds here on rpca about a year ago. Kitties were
either afraid of it or totally disinterested. I think it went first to
Victor, then to me, then I sent it along to someone else. But as we all
know, with cats, *nothing* is ever certain when it comes to what they like.
Let us know how Otis likes his.

And, iirc, the Cypurr mouse was another such Unopposable thumbs down. I
bought one for my cats and all they did was either stare at it like it
was too lowly of an object to even consider chasing, or run away in
panic. I recall many other posters who tried it having similar results.

Kristy

Safe glue for cat toys? [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 October 31st 05 09:45 PM
Help with Lattice Balls? Rhino Cat health & behaviour 14 October 28th 05 10:58 PM
Warning about dangle toys attached to scratching posts MaryL Cat anecdotes 7 August 3rd 05 06:22 AM
New Toys Mischief Cat anecdotes 8 May 19th 05 09:03 PM
Bonnie herding micey toys Cheryl Cat anecdotes 65 July 13th 04 03:48 PM