No resolution in re utility bill (OT)

Old May 9th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default No resolution in re utility bill (OT)

I got a visit from the head of the city utilities department today. No one
can account for the excessive readings on my electric and water bills. I'm
wondering where to turn next for help in investigating this matter.

Old May 9th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

To the state government their has to a commission that controls them
.. .

Old May 9th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
I got a visit from the head of the city utilities department today. No one
can account for the excessive readings on my electric and water bills. I'm
wondering where to turn next for help in investigating this matter.

Do they agree that it is excessive though? They *must* realize that.
They see everyone's bills--they should know that your bill is probably
higher than a family that uses a lot more electrical appliances more
often than you do.
Did they have any suggestions about what to do now? Like getting an
electrician to inspect the wiring or something. Would that help?

Sherry

Old May 9th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew aka NMR wrote:
To the state government their has to a commission that controls them
"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
I got a visit from the head of the city utilities department today. No one
can account for the excessive readings on my electric and water bills. I'm
wondering where to turn next for help in investigating this matter.

Like the Corporation Commission maybe? I had an exhorbitant phone bill
once, and got no help from the phone company. The folks at the
Corporation Commission resolved the matter, and were *very* helpful.
Sherry

Old May 9th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Do they agree that it is excessive though? They *must* realize that.
They see everyone's bills--they should know that your bill is probably
higher than a family that uses a lot more electrical appliances more
often than you do.
Did they have any suggestions about what to do now? Like getting an
electrician to inspect the wiring or something. Would that help?

Their only suggestion was to write down the readings every day and watch for
a "spike". I'll do that, but I doubt there will be any significant
differences from day to day.

Old May 9th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
I got a visit from the head of the city utilities department today. No one
can account for the excessive readings on my electric and water bills. I'm
wondering where to turn next for help in investigating this matter.

Perhaps records of your previous electricity use from your old place? That
owuld help prove you couldn't have possibly chewed through that many
kilowatts?

Good luck.

Yowie

Old May 9th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

You could try your local TV news station and see if they have any
consumer advocates . . . YMMV of course.

It sure would. This is a town where you can't ever really fit in unless you
were born and raised here, and if you weren't, and cause any "trouble" at
all, your life from then on will not be pleasant.

Old May 9th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

You could try your local TV news station and see if they have any
consumer advocates . . . YMMV of course.

It sure would. This is a town where you can't ever really fit in unless
you were born and raised here, and if you weren't, and cause any "trouble"
at all, your life from then on will not be pleasant.

I remember that same type of town I was born and raised in. We made our
money a actually lucky break right place right time and took a chance. We
were able to have a good life but we are considered outsiders even though
our family was one of the original founding families of the town and some of
our family still resides there