[OT] Bikini Waxing

Old June 13th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Bikini Waxing

CatNipped wrote:
Does anyone do it themselves???

I have a lot of dark hair on my legs (enough that it drew stares in my
childhood). I shave to avoid being stared at for that (shaving won't
fix my scars, but at least those aren't considered
"unhygenic/disgusting" by a weird North American society with a phobia
of body hair).

Nair/Neet can't even begin to cope with my hair.

I have frankly never tried waxing. It sounds way too painful.

If I ever got rich, I would laser off the hair, but I can imagine the
money it would take to clear off that much hair.

***

I spent a lot of time in the Carribean as a child and here is what I
learned:

The difference between the real Carribean and the Carribean in movies
is, there are just as many women in string bikinis, but in the real
Carribean, they're 20-30 years older and 50-150 pounds heavier.

***

Bathing suits: I have a snake-print one-piece, a two piece with boy
shorts and a crop top, and a combat print string bikini. What I wear
on any given occasion has to do with:

1. Will I be actually swimming athletically, or just splashing/loafing
2. Am I in a position of authority ie in charge of cadets
3. Will I be going anywhere other than the beach in this outfit
4. Is it a public pool (crowded, etc) or a deserted beach

--Fil

Old June 13th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

"unhygenic/disgusting" by a weird North American society with a phobia
of body hair).

Unfortunately true, but I guess it's all relative. Our owners would opine
that we don't have *enough* body hair! ;

BTW, I've seen your picture, and you are *SUCH* a cutie pie!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 13th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"unhygenic/disgusting" by a weird North American society with a phobia
of body hair).

Unfortunately true, but I guess it's all relative. Our owners would opine
that we don't have *enough* body hair! ;

BTW, I've seen your picture, and you are *SUCH* a cutie pie!

See, I don't give a crap about having a lot of hair, but I /don't/ like
the fact that it suggests to others that I'm dirty, or don't take care
of myself, or the fact that it used to get people staring at me and
commenting about it to each other. So I shave it, but honestly, not
all that regularly in wintertime.

Nox has a bald spot, right between her shoulder blades. I think she
secretly likes having us bald apes around so she doesn't need to worry
about having visible skin when the other cats don't.

--Fil

Old June 13th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:

See, I don't give a crap about having a lot of hair, but I /don't/ like
the fact that it suggests to others that I'm dirty, or don't take care
of myself, or the fact that it used to get people staring at me and
commenting about it to each other. So I shave it, but honestly, not
all that regularly in wintertime.

I know what you mean. In a job where I was allowed to wear shorts to
work (high tech companies in CA are *very* casual in this way) I did
feel self-concious about my leg hair, so I shaved it. It wasn't because
I thought I was taking better care of myself, which is pretty ridiculous.
I just didn't want to deal with other people's weird looks, just like
you say. It was just for the sake of conformity. I could have worn long
pants, but not in 100-degree weather! (That's 37.8 for you metric types.)

Once I lost that job, I quit shaving. I was at home most of the time,
or out with friends who surely don't care how long my leg hair is, so
there was no point.

Now I'm in a job where we have to dress a little better, which isn't
saying much. I can wear chinos or nice jeans, but shorts are out. My
co-workers aren't going to see my leg hair, so I don't bother shaving.

Besides, as I age, I'm noticing that the leg hair is thinning. It's
harder to notice now than it was 10 years ago.

My pit hair has always been extremely sparse. If I had a bush under
there I'd probably shave it, depending on circumstances, but there's
really no reason for me to bother with that, as there is almost nothing
to shave!

Nox has a bald spot, right between her shoulder blades. I think she
secretly likes having us bald apes around so she doesn't need to worry
about having visible skin when the other cats don't.

See, you're helping her self-esteem.

Joyce
Old June 13th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

"unhygenic/disgusting" by a weird North American society with a phobia
of body hair).

Unfortunately true, but I guess it's all relative. Our owners would opine
that we don't have *enough* body hair! ;

Ha! That's true. I have really fine blondish hair you can hardly see, so I
can get away with
shaving once every couple of weeks. HOWEVER when I was 12 I decided that
the whole world could see my "moustache," which was a little peach fuzz in
reality--
so I put Nair on my LIP. And had a burned-on moustache that everyone surely
did notice.

Old June 13th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Bikini Waxing

Ladies and gentlemen, you have just heard the sound of Mr. Eldredge crossing his
legs and involuntarily wincing!

Blessed be,
Baha

"John F. Eldredge" wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:49:08 -0700, Singh
wrote:

I knew a guy when i was growing up, he looked like the Missing Link: hairy all
over fronm the neck to his ankles, like an ape. You could barely see his skin
for all the thick, dark hair. The big problem was, this guy was a drag queen.
He used to pay his neighbor, a friend of mine, to do marathon waxing sessions
every few weeks where they'd just start at the top and rip their way down the
length of the man's body, including certain sensitive spots. This was in the
days before any joe blow could open up a day spa in this area, and the guy
used to drive twenty miles out of town for the wax.

Owwww...owwww...owwww.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old June 13th 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"John F. Eldredge" wrote

When I was a high school student, I lived next door to a college, and
the college students jogged past my house on a regular basis. One
young woman, very fond of tank tops, had the hairiest armpits of
anyone I have ever seen, male or female. She had a clump of dark
hair, about five or six inches long, hanging down from each armpit.
Under those conditions, I think I would at least do a scissors trim.

When I used to have underarm hair I would burn it off with the flame of a
cigarette lighter - not difficult to do without burning the skin if you are
careful. Works well on arms and legs, too. It's quick, chemical-free, cheap,
and discourages regrowth.

Old June 13th 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Nair/Neet can't even begin to cope with my hair.

I hate it. It burns my skin. So does the other one.

If I ever got rich, I would laser off the hair, but I can imagine the
money it would take to clear off that much hair.

Last I heard it was about $1000 per leg.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old June 13th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote in message
ups.com...

Nox has a bald spot, right between her shoulder blades. I think she
secretly likes having us bald apes around so she doesn't need to worry
about having visible skin when the other cats don't.

--Fil

LOL - ah-ha - at last we find out her ulterior motives!!! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

WAH! [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 December 27th 05 05:56 PM
Need Job Purrs [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 32 May 17th 05 01:49 PM
What colour candles? [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 May 11th 05 01:49 PM
[OT] Warning for bird owners (and parents of small children) Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 9 May 10th 05 06:17 PM
Beer Golf [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 May 4th 05 02:53 PM