[OT] Bikini Waxing

Old June 10th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Bikini Waxing - Aftermath

On 2006-06-10, Cheryl penned:
On Sat 10 Jun 2006 06:16:51p, Monique Y. Mudama wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Phew. That wasn't as gross as I thought it might be (but then, I
insisted on getting photos of my amazing paintball bruises, so
maybe I'm a little weird).

LOL! My one and only paintball experience didn't yield photos.
Though I was amazed at the size of the bruises that small pellets
can leave. That day, one of my friends got shot just above the
goggles on her forehead. That had to sting (duh of course it did; we
could tell by the tears in her eyes!). Ouch.

I bruise pretty easily. These in particular were two spots, one on my
leg and one on my back, that my then-supervisor pulled off from point
blank range as I was crouching to reload inside a house ...

I think I've played two or three times. That particular time was a
team building exercise with co-workers.

The worst pain I've had in paintball is a tie between the shot that hit
me in the nipple and the one that, after I had already been "killed,"
hit me in the webbing between my thumb and forefinger. Ow. The
webbing probably wins for immediate pain, the nipple for long-term
tenderness.

My ex was hit right in the crotch. Don't think that was too pleasant,
either.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 10th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-10, CatNipped penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

I've got a lycra "shorts" type suit and top, but it's not really a
bathing suit, it's more a work-out suit. Which is fine except the
harsh chemicals in our spa bleach it out so it looks
reverse-tie-dyed! I haven't seen any "shorts" type bathing suits,
but I haven't looked in a lot of store either.

Here's a link to some women's board shorts (I am quite sure you can
get them much more cheaply; this is just the first link I found):

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/sear...DD&N=10025 89

Women's "boy shorts" at Target:

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html...&node=15991231

Gross warning and TMI again....

But I shave, not only for swim suits, but also to look trim in
undies for DH. As I said, if you have light-colored peach fuzz it's
not too bad, but when you have course, thick, black hair, it really
looks disgusting coming out of your undies.

*evil grin* ... just don't wear the undies around him =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 11th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Bikini Waxing

On 2006-06-10, badwilson penned:

The hair on the top of my head has been grey since I was 26 or so.
The rest of my hair is still reddish blond. If I didn't dye it, it
would look ridiculous. I've been colouring it myself for almost 10
years. It's easy, I just pick a colour that's close to my natural
colour and it blends right in.

If I had grey or light blonde hair, I think I'd have way too much fun
dying it crazy colors (green, blue, pink ...)

Age may have something to do with that! (Of course, for all
I know, you may both be the same age, but I suspect Britta
may be a few years the elder.)

Well, I just turned 34 and I think Monique is 28. But I don't think I
would have ever done the crazy colour hair thing, it's just not me. I
think it can look good on other people, but on me, I'd feel like I was
trying to be somebody I'm not.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old June 11th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:

At least when he came back, the itchy stubble part was mostly gone,
although it still looked ridiculous.

Poor guy! How long did it take to get back to normal?

I guess this was one of those "seemed like a good idea at the time"
types of mistakes.

Joyce
Old June 11th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Bikini Waxing

wrote:
Yowie wrote:

I WANNA BE A BEAR

In my next life I wanna be a female bear... [snip]

This was great! Did you write it?

Joyce

how do you get the hairs off of the moles on your ass back and neck?

Old June 11th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:

Yikes! This would affect men too! I trim (as short as the electric
trimmer will go) the hair in my armpits for two reasons:
* the less hair I have there, the better contact my antitranspirant
makes with the skin, so less perspiration
* also, less surface area there is for bacteria to grow, thus there is
less smell

It's practical!

Yes, and according to that study, trimming would not be dangerous in the
same way as yanking the hairs out by their roots.

Old June 11th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-11, badwilson penned:

Well, I just turned 34 and I think Monique is 28. But I don't think
I would have ever done the crazy colour hair thing, it's just not
me. I think it can look good on other people, but on me, I'd feel
like I was trying to be somebody I'm not.

Wow, you have good memory, knowing my age!

I've talked about dying my hair often (also about shaving my head
bald), but I've done little about it. I don't know -- maybe I really
would if I wouldn't have to bleach my hair first for optimum results.
Maybe not, though. I hate how my hair turns to straw when I bleach
it. I have good hair, dammit -- no point in killing it like that.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 11th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Does anyone do it themselves???

Hell NO!
-L.
(founding member, Wild Bush Society; Co-President, Five Angry Beavers)

WAH! [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 December 27th 05 06:56 PM
Need Job Purrs [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 32 May 17th 05 01:49 PM
What colour candles? [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 May 11th 05 01:49 PM
[OT] Warning for bird owners (and parents of small children) Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 9 May 10th 05 06:17 PM
Beer Golf [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 May 4th 05 02:53 PM