Question: Can cats kill other cats?

Old August 26th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MensaCat

Default Question: Can cats kill other cats?

To all who have answered:

THANK YOU for your kindness and reassurance!! I sat my mother down and
read all of the replies, and I really think it put her mind at ease
(she would wail louder than Figgie when the pursuits began). I too
think it's all about dominance and what belongs to whom. While they
will still be carefully monitored (perhaps even the videocam set up in
places to catch the actual 'contact'), we both feel a lot better and
think this will eventually pass. We just have to both be vigilant and
keep eyes open while still giving them space to figure each other out!

Thanks again, fellow ailurophiles :-)

Old August 26th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 25 Aug 2006 19:48:59 -0700, "MensaCat"
yodeled:

To all who have answered:

THANK YOU for your kindness and reassurance!! I sat my mother down and
read all of the replies, and I really think it put her mind at ease
(she would wail louder than Figgie when the pursuits began). I too
think it's all about dominance and what belongs to whom. While they
will still be carefully monitored (perhaps even the videocam set up in
places to catch the actual 'contact'), we both feel a lot better and
think this will eventually pass. We just have to both be vigilant and
keep eyes open while still giving them space to figure each other out!

Thanks again, fellow ailurophiles :-)

One final thought-- some extra playtime for Biggles probably wouldn't
hurt, to get rid of some of that excess energy. Good luck.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old August 27th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"MensaCat" wrote in message
oups.com...
....I'll be
sitting in the living room or wherever when I'll hear Figgie give out a
terrified scream. I'll run to investigate, only to see her running
from Biggles, who's hot on her tail. I've never actually SEEN any
contact, but I assume that's what's making Figgie yowl like that.
There are never any scratches or other wounds to Figgie, and Biggles
runs for his life when I raise my voice and grab the squirt gun.

Female cats yell after sexual intercourse. The male member has barbs that
catch the female's vaginal lining on withdrawal, causing pain such that the
female will not want to mate with another male.

--
MatSav

Old August 28th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MatSav matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote:

Female cats yell after sexual intercourse. The male member has barbs that
catch the female's vaginal lining on withdrawal, causing pain such that the
female will not want to mate with another male.

Actually, what it does is stimulate ovulation. It does NOT prevent
her from mating with another male, and in fact, that might be exactly
what she does. Litters of kittens are famous for having half brothers
and sisters from different daddies.

Joyce
Old August 28th 06, 11:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

wrote:

Female cats yell after sexual intercourse. The male member has barbs
that
catch the female's vaginal lining on withdrawal, causing pain such that
the
female will not want to mate with another male.

Actually, what it does is stimulate ovulation. It does NOT prevent
her from mating with another male, and in fact, that might be exactly
what she does. Litters of kittens are famous for having half brothers
and sisters from different daddies.

Thanks Joyce - I sit corrected, with a furry friend lying on my lap :-)

--
MatSav

Old August 28th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote in message

Actually, what it does is stimulate ovulation. It does NOT prevent
her from mating with another male, and in fact, that might be exactly
what she does. Litters of kittens are famous for having half brothers
and sisters from different daddies.

Thanks Joyce - I sit corrected, with a furry friend lying on my lap :-)

One of the best ways to be corrected, I guess.

There's a photo series in one of those "Cats in the Sun" books that
shows a female being mounted by several males at once. Well, only one
at a time is actually successful at this, as the others are lined up
behind him and succeeding only in mounting each other. But in
subsequent photos, other boys are having their turn.

So, while the pain caused by the male *should* cause the female to
swear off mating for good, apparently the girls have a very short
memory. It's always funny to see the female turn and give the male
a good swat at the end, especially if it's tigers or some other big
cat.

Joyce
Old August 29th 06, 08:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Evelyn Vogt Gamble (Divamanque)

MatSav wrote:
"MensaCat" wrote in message
oups.com...

....I'll be
sitting in the living room or wherever when I'll hear Figgie give out a
terrified scream. I'll run to investigate, only to see her running
from Biggles, who's hot on her tail. I've never actually SEEN any
contact, but I assume that's what's making Figgie yowl like that.
There are never any scratches or other wounds to Figgie, and Biggles
runs for his life when I raise my voice and grab the squirt gun.

Female cats yell after sexual intercourse. The male member has barbs that
catch the female's vaginal lining on withdrawal, causing pain such that the
female will not want to mate with another male.

Oh really? Have you ever seen a female cat in heat, whether
she's already mated or not?

Hi everyone Dewi Cat anecdotes 33 May 20th 20 03:20 AM
rec.pets.cats: Norwegian Forest Cat Breed-FAQ Bjorn Steensrud Cat Information 0 April 20th 06 05:34 AM
Cat quotes - Long Gandalf Cat anecdotes 1 November 24th 05 03:01 PM
rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:23 AM