Would appreciate some help + purrs

Old June 25th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

Default Would appreciate some help + purrs

As you may know from my prior postings, Dave has been a big help with taking
care of the cats here. But he is still, after all, a senior living on a
small pension (well under $1k/mo.) and can't pay for everything. I am
already in debt to him for almost $3k that he has doled out for various home
repairs and improvements - with considerably more to come before we're
finished with all that needs doing. These are things I would have paid for
if I had the money - such as the plumbing bill when the pipe coming into the
house burst. That alone was $650. He is kind enough to wait for me to start
repaying him until my dental bills, almost $200/month until next March, are
finished. But even the normal bills here are such that I haven't been able
to set aside $25/mo. toward the property taxes as I usually do.

So, I'm going to ask for help with the stray kitties' vetting. Mama will be
spayed tomorrow morning and I would like to also be able to get some wormer
for the two kittens. I am not sure what the total cost will be. Doc's normal
fee for spaying has been $61 (unless the cat is in heat or pregnant - and we
don't know that she's not pregnant). If anyone can contribute by phone here
is TED's info:

Douglas County Animal Hospital
Lloyd E. Johnson DVM
417-683-4165

Calls would need to be made between 8 AM and 3 PM CENTRAL Daylight Time
tomorrow. Any excess above tomorrow's bill can be applied to snips for the
kittens later on. (I will not place intact kittens in any homes in this
town.)

One more thing: I have learned that Frontline does still work, but there's
just been a massive hatching of fleas this year, plus the fact that I don't
normally use it year-round due to the expense, I start it in May and go for
5-6 months. ATM I have one Extra Large Dog ampule (which treats all nine of
the residents here) left that I will "stretch" to cover the two tiny ones as
well. After that is gone, we will be out of Frontline.

The cheapest offer I found online is a 6-pack of Ex. Lg. Dog for $57.19
including postage and insurance. I would like to be able to get at least one
of these... If anyone would be willing to help with this part, please reply
directly to patricia251 @ centurytel.net

Thanks in advance....

Old June 26th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On Jun 25, 12:04*pm, "Pat" wrote:
[...]

Many purrs and prayers and I hope you get enough donations to help you
and Davd.

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice, Ms. Blue
Belle and Cheddar