Vet Tech Journals: Good and Bad News

Old July 18th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Vet Tech Journals: Good and Bad News

On Jul 18, 11:42*am, Judith Latham
wrote:
In article
,
* *Mischief wrote:

So I managed to get a new job, that's the good news, I got the call
the last week of june and they wanted me to start on July 6th.
Problem is that somewhere in that week between when I was hired and
when I started I did something to my back.

[Snip]

Kristi

I forgot to suggest in my previous post that you look into foot supports
to wear in your shoes. They help to make you stand up straight which
prevents putting strain on your back, hips, legs and ankles. Years ago DH
got some to help his ankles and was amazed how other bits of his body
improved.

Judith

This is an excellent suggestion. I spend the majority of my workday on
my feet and supports such as you suggest (in my case with a special
focus on arch support) have made a huge difference in the pain and
stiffness I feel. There are a lot of good options out there that are
not horribly expensive and some are designed specifically to address
back pain. I found mine at Target.
Old July 18th 09, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article
,
Mischief wrote:
So I managed to get a new job, that's the good news, I got the
call
the last week of june and they wanted me to start on July 6th.

Problem is that somewhere in that week between when I was hired
and
when I started I did something to my back.

[Snip]

The manager is ****ed again and so am I. She not only wants a
doctors
note but also certification saying that I am fit to do the job
she
hired me for. She's gonna email me the full 'job description'
for the
doctor.

This really ticks me off. I'm sure part of the reason for my
back is
being on my feet all day, and that I'm overweight. But
financially I
can't lose this job. Part of me wants to just grit my teeth and
bear
it but then I could REALLy mess up my back. I just had my 31st
birthday and I don't want to really screw my back.

[Snip]

My settlement from my accident is STILL in the process and is
going so
slow I can't wait for it.

ugh.....

Kristi

I'm sorry to hear this Kisti. I hope the doctor can help and that
you can
first
thing that needs to be sorted, then look into finding exercises to
strengthen you back and .... dare I say it being overweight myself
telling
myself (again) that I'm going lose weight starting Monday ......
lose some
weight.

Purrs for your back to feel better and the manager to realise that
you are
the employee she needs.

Judith

Managers and employers value their employees much more for what they
can do than they worry about what they can't do.

In the long run you have to stress and display your own special
skills. I suspect you are good at soothing restless animals. And
vets often don't have the time to do that themselves.

Jo